Low abdominal pains after running

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Low abdominal pains after running

I have been running nearly every day for the four years (i am now 22) and recently I have been having severe lower abdominal pains. They occur randomly, even when I know I haven't pushed myself too hard or reached my limit. Almost every time it is accompanied with nausea. I have to kneel down or lay down on my back until it passes. When I sit normally, or try to walk it off, I only feel as if I'll faint. I dismissed the pains at first, but since they are now more frequent, I am becoming more and more worried.
We're in a rough financial spot at the moment (we unfortunately do not have health insurance) so I can't really just make a doctor's appointment without good reason...

Does anyone have any suggestions, or have had this problem before? Is it worth it to make an appointment?
Thank you all for your time!
hi well that depends on how far you run on your runs? and are you hydrating yourself before and after and during your runs? i have had nausea and lower ab pain after runs that last up to 3 to 4 hours and it isnt fun!! what i found helpful is to drink some water 1/2 hour before running and alot after running. usually you can tell if your past dehydration when running when you have cotton mouth and white stuff on your mouth (severe dehydration) and try to eat something lite 1 hour before running . like a piece of pb toast or a apple.  and i must tell you running everyday is going to whack you out. i used to run alot and i miss it though but i had a an injury and stopped but i try and run on the treadmill (have to get back outside) a couple time week but everyday not a good idea. try these and let me know
Thanks! :) I will give those a try. Maybe I am over-exerting myself. I will try to be more careful.