Women's Health Community
Low levels of B12
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Low levels of B12

I dont know why I am in Men's Health. I am a woman who had some issues with my arms/hands and finally my left lower leg. I was waking up in the night with my arms and hands completely asleep. I had no function of my fingers for a few minutes and it scared me. This has been happening more and more and not only at night. During the day my right arm will just go numb. I got blood work done & had an EMG test taken. Then one morning, my left shin and kneecap were completely numb. No feeling. I rubbed my hand up and down my leg & felt nothing. The next day I felt a slight tingling but still felt numb. It never hurt, kind of felt good to the touch. It was only my shin and knee, I could feel my calf perfectly. It continued for a total of three days. I finally saw my Dr. today and she said my level of B12 vitamins are really low. I now have to get a shot a week for a month and then once a month for 3 months. I hope this helps. Any ideas or suggestions? I am not very active, sit with the laptop a few hours a day, 27 f, not overweight. Have had anemia more than once in life. Taking a few medications. Well thats about it for now.

This discussion is related to periodic warm sensation in lower left leg.