Lower Right Abdominal Pain
This first began in August 2011. Started with cramping across my lower abdomen, front and back. After my period had ended, mind you. Two days later, this cramping feeling took over my whole mid section, front and back. Felt as though something gravitated to my right side and has been there ever since. I couldn't stand up straight. Couldn't walk, couldn't sit up without something getting aggravated. Lost my appetite, had nausea and vomiting. The ONLY comfort I found was by laying on my left side. I went to the ER where they treated me for Pelvic Inflammation. They gave me pain medication and antibiotics. The antibiotics seemed to help. My appetite returned but not before I had gotten down to about 100 pounds. In November, I had a Laparoscopic procedure where they found a cyst on my right ovary, which was removed. They found another cyst that had ruptured in my cul-de-sac. Pain on the lower right side remained. At this point, the pain seemed to get in to my right hip and bother my leg when I walked. In January, I had a Colonoscopy, where they found a polyp in the Transverse Colon and Diverticulosis in the Descending Colon, which is on the left side. Still no answers as to what this pain is sitting on my right side that is a constant dull pain all day long every day that becomes angry when I walk, sit and drive. The pain gets in to my lower back. They put me on Provera. 3 to 4 weeks in to it now and the constant dull pain is still there and now I have breast tenderness. Now there is this sort of pinching feeling, sharp pain that appears when I cough or sneeze or do some sort of sudden movement. I'm 40 years old. My tubes are tied. I still have all of my lady parts. No gallbladder. The doctors have yet to tell me what they think has happened except that the Provera is supposed to slow my right ovary down. They have also talked about a Mirena, which I am NOT happy about. This would shut down my right ovary, they tell me. Their thoughts are that if there is an improvement with the Provera and Mirena, then it is indeed my right ovary causing all of this trouble. It's been 7 long months. This has hurt me financially, emotionally and physically. I'm so annoyed and frustrated with this. This has REALLY changed my quality of life. My heating pad has become by best friend. Through it all, my digestion has improved 100% and I have gained 10 pounds. I made the necessary diet changes, more fiber, Activia and water. I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on this. Thanks so much for reading. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
UPDATE:

Went to GYN yesterday. She seems to think that it is my right ovary. Looks like another Lappy ....

I say this because when she did the PAP, it felt as though she was touching the spot that hurt. I jokingly asked her if she would take my appendix, as well. She said she would be doing the Lappy to remove the right ovary but she can and will call someone in to take the appendix. After all, we don't need it, right? Perhaps, it's inflamed too? I said this because if you look at good pictures of the female anatomy, it looks as though the appendix kisses right up next to the right ovary.

This all seems logical, not just because of the pain but my emotions. I have been way too emotional which makes me think that my hormones are out of whack because my right ovary is extremely unhappy.

Lately, I've been thinking about how my last ultrasound indicated that there was another cyst on the right ovary. Makes sense that if one was removed and another grew in it's place or near might be enough to irritate it. Seems logical right? I say this because I thought for sure the Lappy last November would have done the trick. Just a thought .....

I hope and pray that we are on the right track, finally.

My boyfriend and I hugged her, I cried. I felt a sense of relief, finally however hopeful, I am not putting everything in to, just yet.

We shall see .....
Forgot to mention..... She did say that my being off of Provera since June, it should VERY well be out of my system by now.

Lastly, I wanted to also mention in regards to the Buspirone .... talked to the psychiatric department. In their own words, "We reviewed your records and do not feel that you need a psychiatric evaluation at this time" ..... Will be talking to my primary doctor about this the next time I see him.

That's about it for now, I think .... Now, I wait because of the Holidays, the Lappy may not be until after the Holidays but we shall see.

I hope you all are doing as well as possible. I hope you all have a VERY Happy Thanksgiving!!! Take good care of yourselves and each other. Most of all, be thankful for what you have, don't dwell on what you don't have. After all, what's most important in life? I say Love, good memories, family and friends NOT material.  
Hi,I just got my priod today.I have really bad cramps on my right said .I never had cramps just one said.I aways have it all over any on nose why this is happening to me some on help me...
It seems like I've been having the same problem for many of years it comes and goes I've had lots of test done no one can seem to find out why the pain so I let it go and have delt with it for several more years well now it's constant right lower abdominal pain, I had a ultrasound done left ovary is fine but cannot find my right one so now I'm going for another ultrasound on sat praying they can find out what's going on, .....
This is a test - I am having trouble posting :(
This thread's topic seems to fit my daughter’s experience.  She is only 15 years old and has been having pain since 9/24/2012. She came home from school and said her stomach hurt. The pain was centered near her belly button and right side and her back.  She also felt nauseas.   She stayed home from school for a few days before I took her to the Dr. who sent her for an ultrasound.  The ultrasound showed a cyst on her right ovary, which was removed on 10/9.  She went back to school on 10/23 even though she still was complaining of pain - I told her she's just still healing.  On 11/5 she was up and getting ready for school and then said she just couldn't go.  I took her back to her primary Dr. thinking this might be something else (she was complaining that her urine smelled really strong) but tests were negative for Urinary Tract Infection. She also has had several blood tests for various things.  Went back to the Gyn. surgeon who - after ruling out another cyst - thought that my girl had ovulated on the side she had surgery and that it irritated the ovary area. After an ER visit later that week due to pain, the Gyn said the pain wasn't from her ovary and cleared her of any gyneological issues and sent us to a GI. The first GI took some blood work but said he was certain it was all anxieity! ???  We ended up in the ER a few days later.  The ER Dr. reviewed all of the previous tests and surgical data.  She came back and asked if anyone had told me after surgery that my girl HAD ADHESIONS!  I told her no. I switched GI Dr.'s and told him about the adhesions - he said they wouldn't cause that much pain. He has sent her for colonoscopy and endoscopy and a HIDA scan for gallbladder.  Everything comes back negative. I will continue this is another post...
We saw him again today and I am happy with the fact that he is working with us. I showed him the surgery data - he even tried to call the surgeon to discuss the adhesions with her. He is scheduling her for another test for Meckle's Diverticulitus for next week. I think he needs to rule everything else out before he will say that the problem is adhesions and I guess that is ok if it doesn't take forever. She is still home from school and still in a lot of pain.  She has a constant pain and then severe attacks. She also has a pain from her lower right abdomen going down into her leg. Tonight she cannot stand upright and her pain is bad. She wants me to take her to the ER again even though the last time we were there  they said they couldn't help her - just say to see her Dr.    To be continued....
I am personally convinced that her problem is adhesions.  Usually adhesions appear after a surgery - but in some small cases they form for no apparent reason.  Possibly hers were from cysts that burst - I think it was only 'luck?' that she had a cyst removed otherwise we would not know she had adhesions. I have done a lot of research on adhesions.  Dr.'s do not like to admit that people have adhesions because they cannot really help them. They can do surgery to remove them but in most cases they just reappear and usually come back worse.  There is a Dr. in Germany who has been doing a procedure for adhesions for many years and with very good success. And no, it is not available in the U.S.  I suggest for you all to do some research - Google Abdominal Adhesions, Dr. Daniel Kruschinski and Sprayshield.  I really am only waiting for a Dr. to confirm that this is her problem and then I will get her to Germany for surgery.  I will have to sell my house to get her there but I will not let her live in chronic pain!  I've read many stories about people (mostly women) who have lived in pain for 7, 10, or 14 years before anyone tells them they have adhesions!  Especially if you have had any surgery in the past - you probably have adhesions!  Talk to your Dr.'s about this and see what they say.   Sorry for 3 posts but it wouldn't let me post - I guess it was too long??
SStacyD and raeapling-- Update please. Raeapling: did the removal of your appendix finally solve your pain problems?
    SStacy D: My fiance's story is scary-close to yours. She (20 years old)was in an auto accident 5 months ago (not at fault, which compunds the sucky-ness of all of it). Shortly after and Ever since, has had lower right abdomen sharp pain (as well as back/neck); recently, that has become lower right AND left pain...very strange. Has had all of the tests and runs to the ER, been doing PT/massages for pain--also had CT,MRI,PAP,internal ultrasound (no cysts), blood work (good), and no-damn-body seems to care that they don't have any answers. I bet money that it is her appendix (although it shows to be "fine"), I had mine taken out 3 years ago with the same pains she has--and NO, jumping up and down did not reveal crap, and neither did directly touching it at times (which made my DR's initially rule out appendix--Good going, there, Doc..almost burst)...
  Interesting post above, regarding the cyst that was aggreviating the appendix; or the inguinal hernia possibility (car crash + whipping motion + petite woman)...
Anybody else out there with a similiar story, that has a positive ending? Please share the answer/remedy, so we can go ahead and skip to it, and all of the BS Doctors/Hospital ER visits.
Any update?
So sorry to hear about your daughter, Mary. Any updates? Thank you for sharing your story with all of us.

Adhesions were mentioned once before in my case but that doctor has since left on some sort of medical leave indefinitely. I've been seeing a new doctor. Nothing like being passed around in a system that is already broken. Pardon my bitterness, been having a REALLY hard time with the medical system lately. Finally, they think it might be my right ovary ....

Hope your daughter finds some relief soon!
So sorry to hear about your fiance, Brian. Any updates? She is way too young to be having all of these problems ..... 20 years old. How bad was this car accident?
I have been having cramping in my lower abdominal area for the last two years dr did a physical and it ended up being my gallbladder who would have thought .. I still have the feeling in the morning going to the doctor Tuesday because I had my gallbladder removed in August so it should not be hurting . I hope it's okay I get so worried I to just want to feel like myself again it really ***** I hope they solve your problem I sure hope to fine out about mine too
Hi Stacy. No, I don't have much of an update. Dr's move much too slowly for me.  The GI Dr. that we have been seeing told us yesterday that there is nothing more he can do for her. We did see a pain mangement Dr. last week who did give us some hope - at least he made us feel like we weren't crazy.  He was the first Dr. to say that "Yes, adhesions can cause a lot of pain."  So now I am waiting for her primary Dr. to call back and give me a referral to a surgeon.  I am done chasing Dr.'s around - they are useless. I will talk with a surgeon and see what he tells me. If I could afford to go to Germany now I would. I may have to settle for having surgery here and hope for the best. If surgery here doesn't help her, I will sell my house and go. Stacy - your Dr.'s will not readily admit that you have adhesions and that they may be causing you pain. Have you researched this online?  What do you think - could it be what is causing your pain? I will let you know what I hear from the surgeon.  Mary
Hi Brian. I'm so sorry for your fiance's accident.  Again, if the Dr's aren't giving you answers, it could be abdominal adhesions. They are usually caused by surgeries, but can also be caused by trauma, such as physical abuse or car accidents.  There is nothing more frustrating than having test after test and seeing Dr. after Dr. and not getting answers. And nobody seems to care that my 15 year old is too sick to go to school! Adhesions cannot be detected by any tests available, only by actually going inside and looking. I too at one time thought my girls trouble may have been appendix or gallbladder, but the tests have ruled them out. Keep us updated!  Mary
So sorry, Mary. Sounds so frustrating. May some answers and relief come very soon for your daughter and family. Please keep us posted.
So sorry. Hope you find some answers and relief soon.

I'm not a doctor but I believe I read some where that you can have your gall bladder removed and maybe have a stone stuck in a duct that they may have missed. I came across this by doing my own homework because I too had stomach problems after having my gall bladder removed. Only it was more or less digestive issues that I thought were "normal". Come to find out, one Colonoscopy later, it was probably Diverticulosis. This pain was on the left for years, since I was 26, I am now 40. Just to give you an idea. For years, I watched what I ate and how much I ate because of this. No greasy, spicy, fatty foods and just excepted that it was "normal". Now, I have adjusted my diet once more. No peanuts and seeds. More fiber, greens, water and Activia.

So if anything, the left side of my tummy and digestion has improved 100% through this past year. Now, if they could just figure out what this constant pain I have been having on my right side for the past year .... Can't wait! I will be a brand new woman!!

Please keep us updated.
Was just reading the posts, from beginning to end and felt the need to THANK all who has responded and/or just took the time to read.

This site has brought support during the darkest of times. I THANK YOU!!!

This site has allowed me to keep some what of a journal and has allowed me to communicate with people much like myself. Someone who is probably feeling lost in the system and some what frustrated. Someone who is intelligent enough to do their homework and reach out to others whether it's lending each other support, bouncing ideas off of one another, or even venting. We all have to do that every now and again. Right? HA!

Any who, THANK YOU. May you all have a VERY Happy and Safe Holiday. Hope it goes as well as possible for each and every one of you. We all have our challenges in life. Take it one day at a time. One situation at a time. It's how we deal with them, learn from them and over come them ..... Right? I'm learning. HA!

Peace and Love to you All.
Happy New Year 2013!!

May this New Year bring you Good Health and Happiness!!

As for me, got the long awaited phone call today from the GYN ....

Apparently, I am now waiting for yet another ultrasound. Will be eagerly waiting by the phone .............................................

She said something about the results of my last ultrasound which have left me a bit confused. She mentioned something about a polyp in my uterus and that the right has resolved, her words ......

So I started doing some reading on uterine polyps and endometreosis. Thought some more about it. Rode the Progesterone train for a bit. Completed that in May, so it's quite certain to be out of my system by now. 113 lbs and holding. No changes in the constant pain, except periods were and are now more painful, heavier and way too emotional for my liking.

I will be pulling my private records and any other records that might be necessary. In the meantime, I'm puzzled and hanging on by a thread. Any thoughts and/or ideas always welcomed. Thanks for reading. Hope you are doing well.
Updates? Anyone?
Sorry I haven't been following the board which is a good thing because I have had complete remedy of my lower abdominal pain. Both doctors agree that my ovarian cyst was rubbing on my appendix causing inflammation and discomfort. And it just so happened that the physical location of my appendix was much lower in my pelvis than most peoples.

I have been doing a lot better in regards to the pain. I have had no need for pain medication though I am still on various medications related to other GI issues that have been discovered (severe gastritis & duodenitis).

Best of luck!
When I had my surgery in November the doctors physically explored my abdominal cavity for any abnormalities from adhesions (post gallbladder removal) to hernia, scar tissue and endometriosis. Luckily, everything came back great....

Just a thought about exploratory surgery..a lot of gyn problems can't been seen by ultrasound or CT scan. Has any doctors suggest going into look around? It wasn't my doctors first suggestion since I had over 12 ultrasounds over the last year and probably 4+ CT scans.

Happy New Year and I hope 2013 brings some good news.
So VERY happy to hear your good news!!! So glad you have finally found some relief. Hope you're still having a speedy recovery!!

Just wanted to add: Just recently realized (by going through my personal medical file) that this GYN doc that I am seeing now performed the Lappy in November of 2011 .....

Still patiently waiting .......

Update: Looks like another Lappy is coming!!!

They have decided to remove my right ovary and anything else necessary.

I was given 3 choices:

1. Be put on hormones with the hopes of shutting everything down and going in to menopause.

2. Have everything removed and go in to menopause.

AND lastly ....

3. Remove right ovary and anything else that might be necessary. This includes calling someone else in to the room to remove say my appendix, if necessary.

What I am wondering is .... this is the same exact doctor who preformed the first Lappy, what are the odds of making my way back around to her again. Good sign or not? ....

She seems pretty confident that this will fix the problem and will do everything in her power to resolve this. Hopefully this does the trick!!

If you have had just one ovary removed, I would like to hear of your experiences. Please share. I do realize everyone is different and everyone reacts differently. I have also done some reading. Just would like to hear your story.

Thanks so much for reading. Thanks to all of you that have been so kind. Please say some prayers.

Take Care of You and Yours!
Update:

Looks like I will be having my right ovary removed and anything else the doctor see's that is necessary. Have to be there at 5:15 am on April 9th.

One can ONLY hope and pray that this does the trick!!

Thanks for reading.
i had my gall bladder out in june 2012 after having 3 months of unbearable pain and supposedly nothing wrong since then and none of the pain or some of my symptoms have left have chronic abdominal pain my stomach looks like im about to give birth and im a lesbian so no chance that being the cause i go to OB go every six months due to unrelated matter she says ovaries and pelvic look good then a couple months ago diagnosed with gout arthritis im 24 haven't ever been this bad still no answer to pain and now it hurts in my back region on top of my abdomen and now im lookin like im goin into a fourth term any ides

and they r missing the fact i have had kidney stones so im starting to lean toward kidney disease since two other people my age in my family were diagnosed with it and doctors r so fustrating sometimes sorry to be rantin wanted to throw the kidney stone part in
Sorry to hear of your issues with your health and Oh yes, the health care system. Hope you find some relief soon.
Update Update Update:

Second Surgery completed.

Enlarged appendix and right ovary removed ....

Still hopeful that this fixed the constant pain that I have been in since August 2011.

I can not stress enough. Please, please, please be your own advocate. Do your homework. Play an active role in your health care. Don't leave a doctor's office until your are satisfied.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Take Care and Thanks for reading.

Happy Spring!!
Sorry for the delay .... Apparently, the end conclusion is that I had a

CHRONIC APPENDICITIS for the last 2 years!!

Yes indeed, it does exist and boy is it a nightmare! I'm living proof.

Now that I am feeling better, I'm looking in to getting some sort of nursing degree. Have over 20 years Non-Medical Home Companion Care and I was working on a B.A. in Sociology when I became ill in August of 2011.

Sadly, I'm afraid that an ovary was sacrificed because of this whole ordeal but I guess I don't need it any ways (except for hormones) since my tubes were tied a long time ago .....

I wish you all the best.
Is anyone still checking this thread?
Yes.
I am now 4 months out since 2nd surgery .... thought I was coming a long Okay until this month.

Ironically, this week marks exactly 2 years since this whole battle began.

I have NOT had my period yet this month!! I have NEVER missed a period EXCEPT for twice with my children!!

Before all of this began, I thought I knew my body pretty well, like clock work.

It's nearing the end of the month, I have been having hot flashes and night sweats. Been WAY too Emotional, as well.

For the last 3 months it seemed as though things were going back to "normal" ....... What happened???!!!!
Since the surgery in April ......

May was "normal", June was "normal", July was "normal" but August is M.I.A. ......I understand that the left ovary will compensate for the missing (right) ovary but ....

I did have some hot flashes and night sweats for a few days one week last month. Don't have much of an appetite and nipples are sore.

Keep in mind, I no longer have a right ovary, tube taken too (from what I was told) no longer have an appendix or gall bladder.

Left tube tied and left ovary in tact.

Should I be worried?
Hey.. I have been following your posts hoping I could find relief from the symptoms and pain I'm going through..
I have been experiencing the EXACT same symptoms in my lower right quadrant(lower right ).. All the way down to the sore nipples!!

I have yet to figure out what is going on with my body because its starting to effect my period cycle and the pain level of my menstral cramps. I have been going thru this for about 4 months.
PLEASE HELP!!
Could your mia  be perimenopause ?

I have had right lower abdomen pain off and on for the last 2 months.  Also the pain is like a pulling pain near the pelvic area.  It gets aggravated when I have to be on my feet for a longish time eg when I go grocery shopping etc. It settles down with complete rest and hot compress.  The Dr checked me for appendix, gave me a USG that had all lower organs clear but said bulky liver. He sent me for a CT that said mildly bulky cervix.  All other tests are normal. He wants me to go for a pap smear. I am terrified as I am a virgin and have never had such invasive tests before.  I argued with the Dr that I dont need a Pap smear but he thinks everyone over 40 should have it virgin or not.  The duration between my periods have reduced from 50 day cycle (which was pronounced normal when I was 18) to around 35 day cycle in the last year and the flow is also much heavier. I have always had very painful periods all my life and needed medication to cope with it.
May I ask your age?
Wondering if there is any update?
Okay so I am at 6 months post surgery.

Status: Body is still trying to find a new "normal" ............

The constant pain that was there on the lower right side is gone. For that I am so thankful!! I am thankful to be alive!!

August - no period.
September - ONLY one week break from period.

October - we shall see .....

The same doctor that did the surgery sent me for a mammogram. Then a second mammogram and sonogram. They want a biopsy .....

Fortunately, I've had the pleasure of meeting a few GREAT ladies this week through the local health department. Currently waiting for a phone call.

I try to tell myself NOT to worry and in a weird way I'm not at-least not yet ....after the last 2 years I will just deal with what ever card I am dealt. Except, my mother was diagnosed with cancer when I was 15 years old, she lived to be 72 years old and I am now 41 years old.
It's been a while since I have visited this site. October 2013.
It is now February 2014.

Body is STILL trying to find a new "normal".

No period yet this month AND experiencing what may VERY well be "hot flashes" and "night sweats" ..................................................

Have a NEW bag of problems maybe now because they removed my right ovary AND then the appendix!!

Beware people!!! "chronic appendicitis" DOES exist or incompetent healthcare ............................................................................

I am TRULY lucky to still be here. Happy to be alive but NOT happy about what this has done to my life!
I have had 3 years of pain on my right side. CT scans, MRI, 6 sonograms, GI series, barium test, chiropractor, back doctor, back injections, and urologist saying all is good, for real. So this year when I woke up with pain beyond being able to get out of bed I decided to have exploratory surgeryby my gyn. Well, I had adhesions on my right ovary and had my ovary removed. Back to the dr feeling a bit better then two days ago the pressure and pain started again in lower right side-pinching, twisting and throbbing. Went back to GI, ultra sound, general dr, more tests and no answers. So sad and expensive. No dr can seem to diagnosis. Not my appendix either. Not sure how not one doctor can help me other than writing a script for pain meds. A nurse said I could lose weight but I weigh 120 lbs at 5'6 really? Pilates might help but any exercise causes pain. Please help me if you have any ideas as I am tired and sick of medicine!!!! Maybe you are in my boat. Going to see about nerve pain from the inguinal ligament? In the groin area. Wish a dr would read this and please help give me guidance.
Hi everyone.  I began following this thread in 11/2012 shortly after my daughter became sick.  We were still in the early stages of our 'journey'.  I posted at the time thinking that her problem was adhesions because that was the only concrete thing any doctor had found. I'm going to make a very long story, very short.  We saw many doctors, had many tests done. Were given many different diagnoses. In May of 2014 a doctor saw what she described as a mass in yet another ultrasound. She asked if we wanted to wait 6 weeks to see if it went away, or schedule surgery.  After 20 months of pain we both wanted surgery NOW.  She also said that they could remove the appendix while they were in there - just because y'know, why not?  It took a month to schedule surgery.  The mass was not there.  They removed the appendix even though it looked fine and also cut down some adhesions.  When they wheeled her back to her room after surgery, she was still very groggy, but when she saw me, she reached out to touch my face and with tears in her eyes, said the pain was gone. We assumed the adhesions were the problem. We were wrong.  Even though the appendix looked fine, the pathology report confirmed that she had APPENDICITIS!  It was internally inflamed and did not show up on any tests.  So yes Stacy is right,  Chronic Appendicitis is real!  And now the doctors smile, and shrug and say at least she is better now.  Yes, I am VERY grateful for that, but as a single mother, fighting our health care system to get answers for my girl has left me in financial ruin, and about to lose our home.  It has also left her over a year behind in school and taking medication for depression.  I will never trust doctors and our health care system again.  Mary
I'm glad to find this thread because I too have been dealing with lower right abdomen pain for years. It's been so long I can't remember when they started. Maybe in my late 20's and I am 45 years old. I have complained to my OBGYN  but nothing has ever been found. I visited the emergency room about 4 years ago and was told I had a "particular looking cyst" and to schedule an appointment with my OBGYN. Well, by the time I went I was told it was gone and that it could've ruptured. I have just dealt with it but recently it has lasted longer & bothersome
WOW
I'm in a hospital in Germany , 20mins past midnight, dealing with exactly the same problems.
All the tests done, including laparotomy.
I suffered from chronic appendicitis 6 years ago, so that cannot be the cause.  Anyway it was good to read all this, at least I can proove to my husband that I'm not the only one, and to me, that my depressions are not playing a trick on me.

Thank you for this
Thank god for this thread. Because as of last month before my period, I would for some reason start to get pains in my lower right pelvic area just for getting aroused. It wasn't even near the ovaries because my body type is an hourglass shape so my hips are large like my shoulder area. It is like kind of in the lower back, next to the sciatic nerve. This could also be the underlying pain that a previous doctor of mine diagnosed as sciatica.

I remember two years ago when I was 22 (I'm 24 now). I was having pain in the same area, along with burning pee, and I thought I was having appendicitis. So my parents took me to the ER and I had a UTI. The antibiotics worked but I still felt the pain, so I thought my UTI came back, the doctor said it was painful ovulation.

As of now, last month ago, I was experiencing painful pain, only on the right side whenever I would get aroused (I'm not even sexually active so this happens when I watch romance scenes in movies, tv, etc.). I knew this wasn't normal because it never happened before and it's odd. I know my mom has endometriosis but I was tested for that and PCOS and it came out negative. My estrogen levels are excellent.  

I have another UTI and am taking medication for it. I am going to go back to my care provider for the follow up, but I will mention the appendicitis thing and it getting tested because this pain isn't fun at all. I will just have to hold on until June 19th, since I graduate with my bachelor's in Social Psychology. Thank you so much for this discovery! :)
I am experiencing pain on my right abdomen and it started a few days after my period which lasted for a day ( and that is a bit normal for though) and now I am developing nausea and loosing appetite and feeling a bit tired.
I have the exact same symptoms. I have had an MRI, CT scan, colonoscopy, endoscopy, digestion study... all kinds of fun stuff. Sitting for any length of time (which I do for work) makes me miserable... I wake up in pain. I go to sleep in pain. I hate it. Thanks for the posts above though... gives me hope!
Im soo happy iv found this now i realise how common these symptoms are. I have some of these issues to, im on the pill and 2 times in the past 9 years i have stopped taking it and both times iv ended up in the emergancy room and had to have ruptured cysts removed.. I have had my apendix removed also as a result of this. I have stopped taking it this month and the pain is starting again.. I seem to be fine once im on conterception which means im fine once i dont ovulate, but thats no use if i ever want a baby...
My symptoms started almost a year ago.  Few days after my period I start to experience extreme lower abdominal pains and throbbing pain in my right side. This is associated with rectal pain and some discharge.  I managed this with pain killers and antibiotics which seem to help as the pain goes away after some days before my next period.  I had my appendix removed but that didn't help.  Just managing the pain and discomfort with pain killers and recommended antibiotics still as my doctor hasn't proffered any lasting solution...
.I realize this is an older thread, but SSTacy D. I have Piriformis and I can tell you that the pain does not contain itself to just ones " rear' . lol. I have pain in places that I did not ever experience before this happened, so I can tell you that my deal for treatment : is not much meds, I believe in a different approach. I take an Epsom salts bath everyday if possible. I use Tiger Balm on the areas that are giving me the most problems...and every few days, I take a low dose " baby aspirin" type of aspirin. I also take supplements, ..some docs think they are ' worthless'...BUT i can tell you that they DO HELP. I take non-GMO, Organic if possible. SO much JUNK vitamins out there! I take Curcumin ; Vitamin D ; Alpha Lipoic Acid ; Omegas( 3 and 6) ; Theanine ; B-12 and B-6..and Magneisum.  I look at these as a  "Health Investment", as opposed to taking prescriptions
.
I invested in a heated mattress pad, and its great. Also a feather bed topper ( One that has a large ' Sidewall' construction,, about 4" featherbed.  )
Also, certain " stretches" are very helpful. ...but be careful of certain Yoga poses, a few can irritate the condition .
Piriformis has what are called " attachments'; and these attachments affect other areas. ..from the hip to  the groin, to other areas. I am wondering why they have not explained this to you. I am NOT a doctor, I only know what I have and how it has affected me.
Some days are really good, some not..but I carry on...; swimming and roller skating are great for  this..and I always did both, before this happened..so I continue with those....it really helps. Also, staying away from processed carbs, processed foods ( limit them) , not drinking soda, and if you drink coffee, ..no processed creamers.and use a GOOD stevia product. Food is medicine, and if you eat " clean as possible', your health will thank you. :) I hope this helps and that you are on the road to recovery...prayer and faith are wonderful helpers :)