Lower Right Abdominal Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Lower Right Abdominal Pain

This first began in August 2011. Started with cramping across my lower abdomen, front and back. After my period had ended, mind you. Two days later, this cramping feeling took over my whole mid section, front and back. Felt as though something gravitated to my right side and has been there ever since. I couldn't stand up straight. Couldn't walk, couldn't sit up without something getting aggravated. Lost my appetite, had nausea and vomiting. The ONLY comfort I found was by laying on my left side. I went to the ER where they treated me for Pelvic Inflammation. They gave me pain medication and antibiotics. The antibiotics seemed to help. My appetite returned but not before I had gotten down to about 100 pounds. In November, I had a Laparoscopic procedure where they found a cyst on my right ovary, which was removed. They found another cyst that had ruptured in my cul-de-sac. Pain on the lower right side remained. At this point, the pain seemed to get in to my right hip and bother my leg when I walked. In January, I had a Colonoscopy, where they found a polyp in the Transverse Colon and Diverticulosis in the Descending Colon, which is on the left side. Still no answers as to what this pain is sitting on my right side that is a constant dull pain all day long every day that becomes angry when I walk, sit and drive. The pain gets in to my lower back. They put me on Provera. 3 to 4 weeks in to it now and the constant dull pain is still there and now I have breast tenderness. Now there is this sort of pinching feeling, sharp pain that appears when I cough or sneeze or do some sort of sudden movement. I'm 40 years old. My tubes are tied. I still have all of my lady parts. No gallbladder. The doctors have yet to tell me what they think has happened except that the Provera is supposed to slow my right ovary down. They have also talked about a Mirena, which I am NOT happy about. This would shut down my right ovary, they tell me. Their thoughts are that if there is an improvement with the Provera and Mirena, then it is indeed my right ovary causing all of this trouble. It's been 7 long months. This has hurt me financially, emotionally and physically. I'm so annoyed and frustrated with this. This has REALLY changed my quality of life. My heating pad has become by best friend. Through it all, my digestion has improved 100% and I have gained 10 pounds. I made the necessary diet changes, more fiber, Activia and water. I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on this. Thanks so much for reading. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
I am not a doctor so I can't say for certain and it sounds as though you have likely had a number of tests but did anyone say anything to you about endometriosis or adhesions?  I partly wonder if when your cyst ruptured if your body didn't create some adhesions that got attached to your intestines or something.  From what I understand depending where they are they can cause all sorts of mayhem.  I had issues with them after I had surgery that caused digestive problems.  Not as severe as you but it took my body a number of years to adjust to them.  Most of the issues I had of feelings like things were tearing inside and sporadic pains here and there and weird noises have subsided.  The unfortunate part is I don't know there is much that can be done about them but to wait it out until the body works around it.  Of course it still could be your ovary creating new cysts every month as well.  The doctor would know best how to deal with that issue.  What I will say is, it is possible because of the pain, you are favoring the muscle in your left side causing an imbalance in your hip and back.  You may want to think about seeing an orthopedic doctor to rule out any back problems being the cause of your issues and or see a physical therapist to make sure your muscles aren't out of balance causing additional pain on top of what is going on.  

I know how frustrating trying to figure out what is going on can be.  I had an issue with my back once that caused stomach problems and had a fibroid that was hiding behind my uterous that caused digestive problems.  Both which took 8 months each to get to the proper treatment.  So hang in there and keep searching till you get this resolved.  Take care and feel better soon.
Michelle, thanks so much for your response. Endometriosis was mentioned before the Laparoscopic procedure. Not mentioned after. Adhesions were mentioned recently but neither are being looked in to because my recent PAP came back normal. There was a mention of a new Follicle on my right ovary but again, that's normal. Unless, if I've done my homework correctly, it gets larger and becomes yet another cyst. However, the last cyst they said was not big enough to cause any pain. Except that I have a "small frame". As I type this I am experiencing a pinching feeling on my right side. From what I read, could just be ovulation. So who knows, I don't and they don't seem to either, just yet. However, thanks to some other posts, I'm starting to wonder if it's not my right ovary, perhaps it's something called "chronic appendicitis". All the symptoms were and are there. You also brought up a good point about favoring that side. I have been wanting to do some simple stretching, yoga maybe but simple chores and just a drive to the store puts me back on the heating pad and Tylenol. Which tells me something keeps getting aggravated or inflamed. I think a trip to the ER is in the near future. Maybe they will be able to tell me where I am at with this now. Hopefully. If ONLY I had a diagnosis, sure would make things much easier to deal with. Thanks for your encouragement and sorry to hear about the troubles you experienced. Take Care too!
I am not a doctor but I don't think you can detect endometriosis or adhesions from a pap.  I believe a pap is just a test to check the health of the cervix.  To be honest I am not sure how easy it is to know one has endometriosis or adhesions.  I think there might be some sort of soft tissue scan to detect adhesions but I can't be certain. Though from what I have read a laparoscopy should be able to detect the endometriosis at least. It sounds like they may have checked for it but I would question the doctor who did your laparoscopy to see if they saw any endometriosis when they were checking your ovaries.

As for appendicitis, I think you can tell by touch to some degree.  Does it hurt more when you push into your side where the pain is?  If it does that may indicate possible appendicitis but I would assume they did a scan on you when you went to the ER the first time?  Did they push on your side to check for pain?  If not then I would go and see a gastroenterologist and see if you cant get a scan of your abdomen done.  In the minimum question them about the possibility of chronic appendicitis. Ok, talk to you later.  Hang in there.
Hello Michelle, thanks again for your response. I will ask again about Endometriosis or Adhesions when I see the doctor again, which isn't until the 24th. I will also be mentioning the idea of "chronic appendicitis", as well. I have been poked, pushed, prodded, scoped and here I am. Still no clear answers. During the ER visit they did do a CT Scan. They checked my appendix. Said it was fine even though the right side did and still does hurt at times when pushed on, sensitive to touch sometimes, not all the time. It's more like a constant dull pain that gets aggravated now. Last year, the OB doctor even went as far as trying to check my appendix during a vaginal ultrasound. OUCH! I about jumped off of the table. During my PAP and yet another vaginal ultrasound last month, she pushed the wand to the right and pain could be felt where she was touching. I ended up in bed with a heating pad for 2 days after.

I'm afraid one of the MAJOR problem is the fact that I am being seen by a University teaching hospital because I have no income and no insurance. I will say I am thankful for the care that I have received because some care is better than none. However, I believe they put me in the same category of most of the others, i.e. pill poppers, white trash and crackheads, which I am not. I am well educated and well spoken. I don't do drugs of any kind. I don't even drink. I was actually working on a Bachelor's degree in Sociology when I became ill in August. Being passed around from one person to another at a limit of 15 minutes doesn't help either since they don't bother to read the chart before they enter the room. 15 minutes is just enough time for me to summarize what has been going on. A broken system, I tell ya. They are in the business of passing out medicine and shoving you out the door. This does NOT work for me. I want answers and I want a solution. I want to be fixed so I can get back to living. This is why I have come here, a last resort of sorts. For months I have done my homework and walked in there with my notes just hoping for a diagnoses. I'm afraid when it's all said and done, I am going to have another Lappy again once they figure this out. This would be bitter sweet because hopefully they will remove the source  and I will be pain free BUT the CO2 was murder. If you have ever had one, you know what I mean.

So I am hanging in there, debating on going to the ER or sticking it out 'till the 24th or both. Just wondering what the next step will be when I tell this doctor that nothing has changed since I've been put on Provera. Any who, thanks again. Hope you're doing well. It seems you are quite familiar with this long frustrating road of pain. Thank You! This is all new to me, I was healthy and productive before this. The not knowing and my limited activity is REALLY getting to me.
Ok so I went to the doctor this morning. (Walk In, No Appointment) Out of all of the doctors that I have seen so far, this one atleast seemed thorough and BEST of all he put in for an MRI! Finally! Hoping and praying that this comes soon. He suspects Adhesion .... not sure if that will show on an MRI but crosses fingers, toes and eyes that it shows what's causing this pain so that I will finally have a diagnoses and finally be on the way to a cure once and for all! Will keep you updated.
Ok new update ..... so I had the MRI of my abdomen and pelvis. Received a call from the doctor on Friday afternoon at 4 pm. First, the doctor tells me that they were not able to see my right ovary on the MRI. I replied, "What do you mean they were not able to see my right ovary?" "Did it disappear? Did they steal it when I had the Lappy in November?" (little joke there because I didn't know what else to say to that.) He replied with maybe your breathing or some sort of movement." I will show you when you come in." My thoughts .....Isn't the MRI tech responsible for this? Don't they watch a screen as they are doing the MRI? How can someone let this happen when I am specifically there for lower right abdominal pain? I did not say any of this to him. Just thought it in my head. I thought he would have suggested redoing the MRI but instead suggests another Lappy because he suspects adhesions. I said, "You're asking me to do the Lappy again?" "Why did they not see "adhesions" when they did the Lappy in November?"  He didn't answer. Instead he replies .... I see you were in a car accident. I said, "Yes about 12 years ago." He then suggests an xray of my back because he also suspects pinch nerves of some sort. I think he may have suggested this because I mentioned to him that not only do I still have this thing sitting on my right side causing a constant dull pain that gets angry when I walk, sit or drive but now it is getting in to my right hip and lower back. I am so at a lose here. It's been an extremely long 8 going on 9 months now. I am mentally and physically exhausted. Not to mention, financially hurting and in danger of losing the roof over my head. Scared! Confused! Don't know what to do but keep pushing forward. Maybe ask for another MRI and go through with the xray and again, hope and pray that they find the source and I find relief soon. In the mean time, I am on Progesterone and Gabapentin. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks so much. I hope you all are doing well.
Update - Saw the doctor today. Xray was done, back looks fine. A little arthritis but nothing that unusual. He now suspects Piriformis Syndrome. Did some reading on this. The pain is not in my rear and does not go down my leg. I am so lost and confused about what has and is going on with me.
I'm so tired of being in pain. So tired of pain meds. So tired of doctors. So tired of not being myself, going on 10 months now. I want my life back!!!!

I say this because they have yet to figure out the source. I am having a hard time finding a balance with pain meds to where I find some relief. I'm not functioning properly with even the simplest of tasks, which really frustrates me. My daily routine is in and out of bed most days. I try to do as much activity as my body will allow some times, which usually lands me in bed for a day if not two with a heating pad.

I keep going through my mind the parts of the anatomy and what is located on the right side .... appendix, small intestine, some muscles and nerves. What can it be??? They say my appendix is fine. No mention of my small intestine. Kidneys are fine. They are questioning nerves and muscles, "Piriformis syndrome" .... however, the pain is not in my rear and does not go down my leg. According to what I have read, mind you. Yet no suggestions on how to fix it, if it is indeed the issue.

I can tolerate some pain but this is becoming too much. I gave birth to two children without pain medicine. The ONLY other time I have been sick like this is, is with my second child. I was diagnosed with gallstones. I refused to have the surgery until after the birth of my second child because I did not want to risk losing her.

I just wish, hope and pray every day that someone will figure this out soon!!!

Please, if you have any suggestions and/or advice, please reply. If you have had similar experiences, again, please reply.

I feel so lost, confused, helpless, frustrated and angry.
Hi Stacy,  I am sorry to hear you are still having problems.  My goodness how frustrating.  Were they ever able to locate the ovary?  I assume that the 2nd MRI did not detect any adhesions or did you not do the 2nd MRI?  Did you do a second Laparotomy?  I really don't have much more to add except to say I am praying for you that you find a diagnosis so you can get this resolved.  (((Hugs)))  Michelle
Hello Michelle, thanks again for your kind response and hugs. Please allow me to apologize for my delay in responding.

In regards to my right ovary, the doctor at Shands felt that NOT seeing it was NOT an issue. He said that if it was enlarged, that would have been a another story. He felt that it was NOT necessary to have another MRI since the CT in August and all of the tests and exams since looked fine. Have since visited the OB doctor too, who also felt that this is NOT a "female problem" and allowed me to come off of the Provera.

In regards to another Laparotomy, this has NOT been done.

I have since gone outside of Shands for a second opinion, this doctor stated that GI and OB has been ruled out. She felt that all that is left to look in to is nerves and urology.

I have hit another road block with this, the doctor that I was seeing at Shands is now gone indefinitely. Looks like I will be starting over with another doctor on the 24th of this month. I don't know if this is good or bad, just yet.

I am happy to report that I have been off of all meds for several weeks now. However, I can NOT sit up for too long at all without "it" getting REALLY angry. I can walk for a little bit but then I have to lay back down. Frustrating! I have been having spasms on the right and new bubbling noises and sensations.

This has REALLY become debilitating. My quality of life has gone down the drain. I keep wondering if this is something that can be fixed or is this something I am going to have to deal with for the rest of my life. Scared!

Last week I had a REALLY bad episode, thought I was about to relive August again. Late one night, I had similar pain on my left side too, front and back. Since that night, the pain on the left comes and goes and is more of a sharp pain rather than constant like the right.

This is so puzzling to me. I'm fine as long as I am lying down. Can't live like this! I keep thinking chronic appendicitis even though they say my appendix is fine. Mainly because August felt much like some sort of attack and it felt as though something gravitated from the left to right and has remained since. I've read that it's REALLY difficult to get a doctor to admit the possibility. I just don't know what else it could be ...

That's it for now. Thanks Again! Hope all is well with you.
Ok so today I went to Ortho, per the request of my new P.A. that I saw yesterday. The Ortho doc said my back and bones looked fine, according the xrays that I had done a few months ago. He wants me to do Physical Therapy and go to Pain Management. Still in pain and still no answers ....

On a side note, for those of you with Diverticulosis, does it typically ONLY effect the left side, pain-wise? And when someone says "flare-up", is this when you feel pain on the left side (bm coming) in regards to eating? Experienced any strong muscle spam like sensations on the left side too, unrelated to eating, just lying down?

Well I'm still here and kickin. Still trying to resolve THE angry rock on my right side. Think I'm going to have to give IT a name. Any suggestions??

Hope all is well with you all.
Still having constant dull pain that gets REALLY aggravated when driving and sitting for extended periods of time. Going back to G.I. on October 1st .....

Also wondering, how long does it take for Provera to leave your system?
Read on-line any where from 2 wks to 1 mnth to 14 wks to 6-8 mnths.
I understand it can depend on your weight and drinking lots of water and sweating is good to help speed the process along. I am holding at 114 lbs give or take, depending on the day. Small frame.

Here's the issue. My periods have gotten worse but they don't believe that my abdominal pain is due to a female issue. So I'm just wondering if it's still working it's way out of my system. Have been extremely emotional, as well.

It's been 3 months since I finished the Provera.

Please let me know your thoughts. This whole situation is driving nuts!

Thanks so much. Hope you all are doing well.
Saw my doctor yesterday, he says that I'm on "hold" 'till I see G.I. If this pain is not G.I. related, he may send me back to OB. We have come full circle in little over a year. Meanwhile, I am supposed to go to P.T. However, I found out from a friend who is dealing with the same medical system that Pain Management is booked 'till January .... I'm leery of P.T. since walking and sitting aggravates "IT" ....

I have mixed emotions about all if this. At first I was upset then I got thinking about it .... I guess I would be going through the same thing any where I went.

I am now debating on going to an ER outside of this system and eating the bill to see what they say .... My doctor did suggest getting another opinion. Does he not have faith in himself? .....

I expressed to him greatly how this situation is taking a toll on me. I have become way more emotional. I have days that I can't even stand up straight. Can't sit, can't drive without "IT" get angry. I don't know if it's the Provera still working it's way out of my system or the situation OR both that is causing me to be more emotional than "normal".

That's it for now .... Hope someone out there may be able to shed some light. I am beyond ready to get my life back.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Any suggestions and/or advice welcome.
Could this be G.I. related?

Chronic Appendicitis?

R Ovary? Hysterectomy?

Your thoughts? ....

Just putting this out there.  I had dealt with left side pain since march.  Constant pressure/ low grade pain and bouts of intense pain at random times when walking, sitting, or laying.  I had always thought it was stomach/ gastro related,but tests were always negative.  Turns out it was inguinal hernia.  I had no bulge.  It did not hurt after working out, lifting things, or how you commonly think of hernia.  Just putting it out there.  Two doctors missed it and it was misdiagnosed for something else which I had surgery for.  Nicole
Nicole,

Thanks so much for your response. Thanks for putting it out there, as you say.

Inguinal Hernia, noted.

Supposedly, I was checked for Hernias when I was on the OB train but will ask again.

Sorry to hear about your medical issues. Hope you've found relief. Just so I understand correctly, you have been dealing with pain on your left side since March of this year? When were you finally diagnosed? Not one but two doctors missed it??!! What test finally brought you to a conclusion?

My pain is on the right side. It feels as though I am carrying around an ANGRY rock. Monday October 1st can NOT come fast enough. I am actually looking forward to seeing the G.I. Hoping and praying they will figure this out. If not, it's back to OB I go .....

I can ONLY hope and pray that the answer and some relief will come soon so I may return to THE living and be THE productive person I once was before all of this happened. That day can NOT come soon enough!!

Hope you're doing well. Best Wishes!
Im a 29 year old woman and i have been having very bad cramps for three days now.the pain is killing me on my right lower side of my abdomen.It's not time for my period i just had my period last week what could this be.
I really hope you find some answers! Very soon. I have been having problems with my left lower abdomen for over a month now. I have had 2 ultra sounds on my lady parts, of course all good there. Xrays, Blood work. My doc said I am sick but not sick......Really?????? So now i am waiting to go see a general surgeon so she can order me a "scan" CT or MRI i am not sure. Been waiting for 2 weeks and have not heard anything from her at all. Just sick of the pain  
Sorry to hear about your situation.  I know how you feel I have been going through samething.  I have been having lower right abdomenal (abdominal) pain for 2 months now I have been going to doctors every week.  They have ruled out my appendix and I have been put on antibiotics and pain meds and I still have pain.  This past friday pain had got worse and moved to my hip to were i can barely walk and when pain hit I started throwing up  im getting exhausted with this and tired of hurting.  I have kids and I can't do anything with them because I'm always down and I have to force myself to work just to pay my bills.
So sorry to hear that, bossladydiva.

Feeling any better?
Thank you, Yody111.

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well either.

Any updates?

Thank you, arter0305.

So sorry you're not feeling well either.

Seems like alot of people (women) are having lower abdominal pain and having much trouble coming to a quick conclusion.

Any updates for you?

Well here's my update .....

Went to the G.I. doc on Monday. She seems to think that it is my right ovary and NOT a G.I. issue. Sooooo back GYN I go ....

I am seeing my primary doc today to discuss this.

Again, I hope and pray that a conclusion comes soon. I am nearing the end of my rope. This is REALLY wearing me down, physically and emotionally.

To all of you out there with similar issues, I hope you find your answers soon too. No one and I mean no one should have to suffer like this.
O wow, God I hope the Gyno can help in some way. It is so frustrating having constant pain and no one can tell you why or help. I did get a call from the Surgeons office finally and go see her next Thursday. So I really don't know what will happen there. I hope she can get me in for a scan very soon. The pain is still there every day all day. And now it has moved across my lower abdomen/groin area. :'(
I stumbled across your post here while googling my own symptoms/issues. For about 5 weeks now I've had severe pain in my right lower abdominal area. When the pain started it was more bothersome like a period cramp then it won't hurt anymore for a day or 2 then I'm doubled over again for a series of days. I'm on Day #2 of shear misery. I'm slightly nauseous, little to no vomiting, hurts when I move, only relief comes from lying down with my legs extended, no major change in bowel habits, no fever........ over the counter pain meds (NSAIDS, Aspirin) is no relief, heating pad is no relief. Now I'm taking a low dose Vicodin and it's not helping.

I have been seen by ER docs 3x, my primary physician, OBGYN & general surgeon. The list of what has been excluded in possible diagnoses is very extensive. Normal colonoscopy, CT scans, blood work, PAP, upper endoscope exam...the list goes on & on. Gallbladder removed in 2011.

A transvaginal ultrasound (more like 9) showed a cyst on my right ovary about 3cm which my OBGYN says would not be causing me this much pain so she thought hernia (ok good guess since the cyst was diagnosed almost a year ago and hasn't went away). Saw general surgeon who disagreed with her says no hernia, but is willing to do surgery with OBGYN to remove cyst and do exploratory surgery. The gen surgeon has been the only one with any suggestion that seemed worthwhile. I'm scheduled November 7th which is too far away for the pain I'm in, but no one seems to think it's emergent enough to do something sooner.

In addition to removing the cyst and possibly my right ovary, the general surgeon is checking for:
-hernia (that maybe can't be seen on CT)
-endometriosis (due to family hx, personal gyno hx)
-adhesions (from gallbladder surgery in 2011)
-structural appendix issues
-bowel constriction
-scar tissue on or near my ovaries or other organs

I'm replying not only because of what I'm going through, but because I feel that maybe someone will give me an answer that might help you.  

Best of luck!
Hi all, I am 31 and have been experiencing the severe bouts of right lower abdominal pain as well...looks like we all have a similar story. I am going to visit my gyno because I am also having menstrual symptoms...Im thinking I may have endometriosis. Ugh
Update: I went to the ER this morning. The pain was causing me to black out & vomit. The doctor was hesitant to give me anymore pain meds because I'm now in the category of chronic (after pain last 3 weeks or more). They preformed more blood work (normal) and another transvaginal ultrasound which came back normal other than the right ovarian cyst.The nurse gave me Dilaudid through my IV & a percacet and sent me home with instruction to call the surgeon Monday morning. All the pain medicine ended up making me extremely ill on my way back home. My poor husband keep having to pull over. At this point I can't go back to the ER unless something drastically changes because they are essentially going to refuse treatment. I have almost exactly 4 weeks until my surgery which may or may not provide relief.

Oh and to add to my list of symptoms: I can not sit in any position or pull my knees up towards my check without severe pain. Keeping my legs extended causes some relief.
Yody111, my dear. I hate it for you. It is indeed frustrating not knowing what you're dealing with. I hope you have better luck and get your answers real soon. Feel better soon!!! Keep me updated. Good Luck to you!!!
My goodness, raepling. Sounds like we are indeed going through extremely similar situations. So sorry to hear it. I know how frustrating it can be. I hope get your answers and some relief on November 7th. 'Till then, try to take it easy. I wish you lots of luck!!! Please keep me posted.

Oh I wanted to mention, any chance that you may be able to call this surgeon and see if you can't get in any sooner? ... Just a thought.

I've learned NOT to wait around for my medical system to do anything. You have to be your own advocate and be proactive, otherwise, you will just get lost in the pill mill. There is nothing wrong with making sure they understand how important this is and how much pain you're in. Good Luck!
Hope you feel better real soon.

Please keep us posted.
Well I had my appt with the Surgeon this am, She was very nice and kind to me. She will be booking me in for a CT scan and a colenoscopy. I really hope the CT scan will be very soon. But atleast they are going to do these tests and I hope I will have a answer. How have you been SStacyD? Any news to report on your situation?
Thank you!
Update: I've been down sick with the "stomach flu" for 4 days now. The only good part has been the distraction from the pelvic pain. I saw my family doc today for a relentless migraine that seems to accompany this virus. She was flabbergasted that my surgery is so far away. I expressed concern about not wanting anymore pain meds (oral at least) because I'm really worried about addiction. As soon as I am feeling a little stronger I'm called my surgeon and seeing about a sooner surgery date. The pain is inching it's way back hour by hour and November 7th is a long ways away..........

To add: I just started a regiment of Naproxen 500 EC 2ce daily to try to help with the pelvic pain thinking that I have inflammation somewhere. At this point I'm willing to try anything (legal that is).

Any updates?
Well I got a call from the Surgeon and I go for My Colonoscopy next Tuesday. Kinda scared about it. And no date on the CT scan as of now. So i guess we will see what happens
raeapling, hope you're able to get an appointment sooner. However, looking at the calendar it's only a couple of weeks away. I know it's not soon enough, believe me I loath the waiting game. My GYN appointment isn't until November 6th. Back to square one with this. Frustrating! Hang in there!! It would be great if you can get a sooner appointment, don't give up on it but in the mean time, it looks like we both have a couple of weeks to wait and more praying and hoping that someone figures these things out.

Yody111, I was a little nervous too about the Colonoscopy. I assure you, it's not as terrible as what people may tell you or what you may read. Yes it's uncomfortable and yes it's not fun and no one wants to do it but just keep in mind that by doing this, hopefully you will get some answers. You will be asleep for the procedure. I wish you lots of luck! Hang in there!! As for me, I'm still hanging in there too. Hoping and praying that this GYN appointment on November 6th will bring some answers.
Just thought I would post an update since there has been some changes. I may or may not have mentioned a few posts back about how my belly was swollen from driving 3 hours (give or take) that someone asked if I was pregnant.

Well my belly seems to be swelling more and staying swollen longer now. I say this because I took a 6 hour drive (give or take) about a week or so ago and my belly has been swollen ever since.

This morning I woke up with bad pain on the right side, which is different from the "norm". Normally, the pain is really dull first thing in the morning because my body has been at rest for 8 or so hours. I can feel that it's there but as the day goes on, the pain gets more intense depending on what I do that day. I have learned to control it by laying down with a heating pad and pain medicine. However, things seem to be changing. I don't know how to deal with it. What used to be day to day has become hour to hour, sometimes even minute to minute. Frightening!!! This morning the pain was from below my ribs to my groin, front and back. Right side only. My right side felt REALLY hard to the touch. Normally, the pain seems to be  located near my right hip except after my period this month, I also had cramping for a few days much like how I did in August of 2011, which really freaked me out.

Does anyone know how long it takes for Provera to leave your system? I am a small girl, 113 lbs last time I was weighed, small frame.

Could this be the onset of menopause? Is this what perimenopause feels like? Is it possible that it causes this much pain???

What the hell can be causing this??? Am I not explaining something correctly to these doctors to help them understand this pain???

Again, I can only hope and pray that this GYN doc on Nov 6th can figure it out. Apparently, this doc is an assistant professor.

Any who, thanks for reading. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Hope you all are doing as well as you can.
Thought I read some where that Buspirone contains caffeine .....

Can anyone verify this?

I ask because I have been taking it for about a week or 2 and noticed that my palpitations have increased.

I will be addressing this when I see my primary doc on Wednesday October 31st.

Thought maybe asking for Xanax might be better since it would be something I could take as needed instead of every day.

Also, I believe my pain medicine contains caffeine, as well.

What is someone to do for pain, anxiety and depression when they are not supposed to be consuming any form of caffeine because it seems to aggravate arrhythmia.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks so much.
I have your almost exact same symptoms! I have been in pain for 4 yrs now, last March my pain became unbearable. i woke up 03/31 vommitting, dizzy and in severe pain. After 2 ct scan the dr found a 3 cm cyst on vaginal cuff, from hysterectomy 11 years ago. They did not think this was causing my pain..After 2 yrs of all imaginable test they sent me to a Pain doctor who wants to freeze the plexus nerve that signals pain from the abdomen. Meanwhile a Cancer Gyno was treating me for the 3 cm cyst, he thought I had melonoma of the vagina. My pain starts at the pubic line and radiates to right hip to the top of my rib cage, skin is very sensitive and sitting down is very painful. On 03/31 I could no longer lay down I could only stand to reduce the pain..The pain came in intense waves and radiated day and night. I had sweats then chills for nearly 4 weeks.My stomach was all messed up as well I lost 13lbs in 3 weeks...I thought I was dying..Or wanted to anyways..... Then slowly over a several month time lapse I have gone back  to the original pain.... Heres the IMPORTANT PART at week 4 of the severe pain the cancer gyno decided to take a biopsy of my top vaginal wall. WHEN HE DID HE GOT A BIG SUPRISE. He hit an endomeitriosis chocolate cyst.. About 200 ccs of old blood and fluid poured out of me...Keep in mind I had had 2 CT scans neither of them showed the large pocket of fluid. I was finally diagnosed after 2 plus yrs of test and dr visits and 3 trips to ER from pain..The ENDO is on my abdominal wall not in the vagina, this is very hard to diagnose and treat... NOV 13 I travel 3 hrs for surgery the cancer gyn is going to remove the endo cyst and look for any other abnoemalities.. this reguires removal of the top of the vagina and a bladder lift...I only hope and pray this takes care of pain...The dr is not sure if it is what is hurting me, but since he drained the endo it has cut my pain in half...I feel like someone is cutting me in half when I sit down, so I spen 80percent of my time standing..I quit my job 18 months ago to try and get fixed my pain levels were soooo high I could not work any longer..I left a 100k a year job...I spend any sitting time with a heating pad until I hurt so bad I have to stand and walk, but that starts hurting after a while...NOTE I am still seeing my PAIN doctor in case ths does not fix me to go foeward with the NERVE freeze..Hope this helps you some good luck and GOD bless you!
Hope your appt goes well today, Please let us know how it goes. I have had my colonoscopy and it was not horrible. She removed a polup and said i have a Terrible Colon. I also had my CT scan done, I apparently have thickening of my colon, does not surprise me, a bit of a fatty liver, a cyst on my right kidney and "fluid in my uterus" so I am unsude what any of this means and I will be going to see my doc on Wednesday (tomorrow) to ask for some explanation on what all this means. My pain is now and has been for the last while basically everywhere from the belly button down. Pain pressure and bloating! Every day all day! OK so the Spastic colon can explain some but It cant only be that..... atleast I would not think so........ Guess I will ask doc tomorrow to see if he wants to do more tests or maybe send me to a Gyno.
Have u had a lower GI done? I have a pain in my lower right side. Thought it was ovary because it was pinpoint with dull aches. Turns out not to be reproductive at all - my illeum in lower right side was ulcerated.  I was diagnosed with crohns disease. It gets worse with stress. Maybe you're looking  in the wrong system. Hope this helps :)  
UPDATE (FINALLY): Well I had my surgery today (this morning) and come to find out my "small" 3cm ovarian cyst was perpetually rubbing on my appendix. Not causing enough inflammation to show up on any CT scan, but enough to probably make me feel pain and sickness. My general surgeon decided to remove my appendix as it's really not a necessary organ anyways. I'm HOPING and PRAYING that this will resolve my pain, nausea & vomiting I've had for the last few months. I will update again as my healing progresses and with hopefully words of encouragement.
SECOND UPDATE: pelvic pain wise I've been managing on Tylenol due to afraid of addiction. But I developed severe nausea & vomiting that last 2-3 weeks until my primary doctor put me on Nexium and strong Q12 hour nausea meds.She also added Ativan to help manage the stress of waiting on this surgery. I've been doing a lot better. The pelvic pain is much more manageable and I'm eating again. The 25 pounds I lost is slowly coming back. After this surgery I am sure I will start feeling normal again. FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goodness, HollyTexas!!! Horrible. My heart goes out to you. I hope and pray that you have some relief coming real soon.
Hello Yody. Thanks for thinking of me. Glad you survived the colonoscopy!! Hope the doctor was able to figure out what all is going on with you. Hopefully, relief is on it's way!! Please keep us posted.
Good point, momofsix6. Just your general Colonoscopy done only. G.I. actually cleared me as this pain not being G.I. related. Found a Polyp in the Transverse Colon and Divertisculosis in the Descending Colon on the left, which they say is not related. Nothing on the right, nothing in the Ascending Colon.

Mind sharing a little about your experience with Crohn's? How long before you were diagnosed?

I don't know what else to do except hope that GYN finds the problem .... We are back to square one in about 15 months time.
This is all great news, raepling!! What kind of surgery did you have? Lappy? I hope this does the trick for you. Please keep us posted. Get Better Soon!!
UPDATE:

So went to GYN on Tuesday November 6th to find out that the doctor was not in, she was teaching a class. This was after being checked in, went through triage and put in a room for an hour. Grant it, they are working on a "new computer system", I'm told but I spent days and hours talking to people in regards to this appointment. Lastly, I confirmed it. I even have a message where someone called and confirmed it again. Can we say Communication break down? .... I'm guessing no-one speaks to one another at this office if they don't even know what doctors are in and when .... Broken System. Rescheduled for the 20th. Confirmed today that this doctor will be in on that Tuesday. So we shall see ....

I addressed the Anxiety Medicine situation with my primary doctor. He denied Buspirone/Busbar as having any caffeine in it. When addressed to the nurse who was doing the EKG, she asked, what did he say? Oh no comment and smiled as if to say, yes it does have caffeine in it. So I am currently waiting for an appointment to get my head straight. Hopefully, this doctor will know what he's/she's prescribing to people.

Because of my mentioning the heart pitter patters, I am going to have to wear a holter monitor for a month. Scheduled for December 3rd, I believe ...I put it off for a bit hoping that GYN will resolve the main issue that has been bothering me for about 15 months and not the one that I've been dealing with since 15 years old, 40 now ....

I feel like I'm becoming a hypochondriac as I type this. Does anyone think I'm heading towards a hysterectomy? Is this just part of getting older? The right side of my body has waged war on the left side of my body. Thought I had a little more time before my body started to fall apart. Little joke there. I knew us women were complicated but sheeeeeessssh!!!
Sorry for the delay in responding.  It was March 2012 of this year that pain began.  My doctor ordered a colonoscopy which was fine.  Followed up with my pcp after and the gi doc wanted to put me on bentyl for cramping.  It didn't feel like cramping.  It felt like constant pressure on my left side near my hip and then bouts of intense pain.  She listened and ordered a ct scan which showed intussusception.  I then went in for surgery for a bowel resection, but the intussusception was no where to be found.  I healed for a week before returning to the surgeon.  In Sept during my follow up to the surgeon diagnosed ingenial hernia.  There was no test used to make the diagnosis.  He hard it off my symptoms.   Apparently he was right because he found it and repaired it.  
Best wishes to you.  I hope you find some answers and some relief from the pain you are experiencing.  
Well I had my surgery on November 7th. My general surgeon ended up taking out my appendix more as a precaution because of the pain I was having in my lower right side. I also had an ovarian cyst removed from my right ovary. Recovery is going very well. I'm not quite at a week yet and I feel pretty great. No side pain, no nausea or vomiting. I'm hoping taking my appendix out "fixed" me.

Best of luck to everyone!
Sounds like you both were able to find some relief. Congratulations!! May you both have a speedy recovery!!

As for me, GYN November 20th and Holtor Monitor on December 3rd for 30 days. Anyone have any experiences with Holter Monitors for 30 days? Once it's on, it's on, right? How about showering?

I wanted to mention, I have been having a heavy, bruised feeling on the inside. My boyfriend's mother seems to feel that I may be on the horizon of a Hysterectomy ..... She said, "It feels like you're caring around a dead baby, doesn't it?". I thought WOW, never thought of the sensations that way but sure is fitting. If this is indeed the case, how does one get the doctor to this point when I have been cleared once before as this not being a GYN issue? .......
UPDATE:

Went to GYN yesterday. She seems to think that it is my right ovary. Looks like another Lappy ....

I say this because when she did the PAP, it felt as though she was touching the spot that hurt. I jokingly asked her if she would take my appendix, as well. She said she would be doing the Lappy to remove the right ovary but she can and will call someone in to take the appendix. After all, we don't need it, right? Perhaps, it's inflamed too? I said this because if you look at good pictures of the female anatomy, it looks as though the appendix kisses right up next to the right ovary.

This all seems logical, not just because of the pain but my emotions. I have been way too emotional which makes me think that my hormones are out of whack because my right ovary is extremely unhappy.

Lately, I've been thinking about how my last ultrasound indicated that there was another cyst on the right ovary. Makes sense that if one was removed and another grew in it's place or near might be enough to irritate it. Seems logical right? I say this because I thought for sure the Lappy last November would have done the trick. Just a thought .....

I hope and pray that we are on the right track, finally.

My boyfriend and I hugged her, I cried. I felt a sense of relief, finally however hopeful, I am not putting everything in to, just yet.

We shall see .....
Forgot to mention..... She did say that my being off of Provera since June, it should VERY well be out of my system by now.

Lastly, I wanted to also mention in regards to the Buspirone .... talked to the psychiatric department. In their own words, "We reviewed your records and do not feel that you need a psychiatric evaluation at this time" ..... Will be talking to my primary doctor about this the next time I see him.

That's about it for now, I think .... Now, I wait because of the Holidays, the Lappy may not be until after the Holidays but we shall see.

I hope you all are doing as well as possible. I hope you all have a VERY Happy Thanksgiving!!! Take good care of yourselves and each other. Most of all, be thankful for what you have, don't dwell on what you don't have. After all, what's most important in life? I say Love, good memories, family and friends NOT material.  
Hi,I just got my priod today.I have really bad cramps on my right said .I never had cramps just one said.I aways have it all over any on nose why this is happening to me some on help me...
It seems like I've been having the same problem for many of years it comes and goes I've had lots of test done no one can seem to find out why the pain so I let it go and have delt with it for several more years well now it's constant right lower abdominal pain, I had a ultrasound done left ovary is fine but cannot find my right one so now I'm going for another ultrasound on sat praying they can find out what's going on, .....
This is a test - I am having trouble posting :(
This thread's topic seems to fit my daughter’s experience.  She is only 15 years old and has been having pain since 9/24/2012. She came home from school and said her stomach hurt. The pain was centered near her belly button and right side and her back.  She also felt nauseas.   She stayed home from school for a few days before I took her to the Dr. who sent her for an ultrasound.  The ultrasound showed a cyst on her right ovary, which was removed on 10/9.  She went back to school on 10/23 even though she still was complaining of pain - I told her she's just still healing.  On 11/5 she was up and getting ready for school and then said she just couldn't go.  I took her back to her primary Dr. thinking this might be something else (she was complaining that her urine smelled really strong) but tests were negative for Urinary Tract Infection. She also has had several blood tests for various things.  Went back to the Gyn. surgeon who - after ruling out another cyst - thought that my girl had ovulated on the side she had surgery and that it irritated the ovary area. After an ER visit later that week due to pain, the Gyn said the pain wasn't from her ovary and cleared her of any gyneological issues and sent us to a GI. The first GI took some blood work but said he was certain it was all anxieity! ???  We ended up in the ER a few days later.  The ER Dr. reviewed all of the previous tests and surgical data.  She came back and asked if anyone had told me after surgery that my girl HAD ADHESIONS!  I told her no. I switched GI Dr.'s and told him about the adhesions - he said they wouldn't cause that much pain. He has sent her for colonoscopy and endoscopy and a HIDA scan for gallbladder.  Everything comes back negative. I will continue this is another post...
We saw him again today and I am happy with the fact that he is working with us. I showed him the surgery data - he even tried to call the surgeon to discuss the adhesions with her. He is scheduling her for another test for Meckle's Diverticulitus for next week. I think he needs to rule everything else out before he will say that the problem is adhesions and I guess that is ok if it doesn't take forever. She is still home from school and still in a lot of pain.  She has a constant pain and then severe attacks. She also has a pain from her lower right abdomen going down into her leg. Tonight she cannot stand upright and her pain is bad. She wants me to take her to the ER again even though the last time we were there  they said they couldn't help her - just say to see her Dr.    To be continued....
I am personally convinced that her problem is adhesions.  Usually adhesions appear after a surgery - but in some small cases they form for no apparent reason.  Possibly hers were from cysts that burst - I think it was only 'luck?' that she had a cyst removed otherwise we would not know she had adhesions. I have done a lot of research on adhesions.  Dr.'s do not like to admit that people have adhesions because they cannot really help them. They can do surgery to remove them but in most cases they just reappear and usually come back worse.  There is a Dr. in Germany who has been doing a procedure for adhesions for many years and with very good success. And no, it is not available in the U.S.  I suggest for you all to do some research - Google Abdominal Adhesions, Dr. Daniel Kruschinski and Sprayshield.  I really am only waiting for a Dr. to confirm that this is her problem and then I will get her to Germany for surgery.  I will have to sell my house to get her there but I will not let her live in chronic pain!  I've read many stories about people (mostly women) who have lived in pain for 7, 10, or 14 years before anyone tells them they have adhesions!  Especially if you have had any surgery in the past - you probably have adhesions!  Talk to your Dr.'s about this and see what they say.   Sorry for 3 posts but it wouldn't let me post - I guess it was too long??
SStacyD and raeapling-- Update please. Raeapling: did the removal of your appendix finally solve your pain problems?
    SStacy D: My fiance's story is scary-close to yours. She (20 years old)was in an auto accident 5 months ago (not at fault, which compunds the sucky-ness of all of it). Shortly after and Ever since, has had lower right abdomen sharp pain (as well as back/neck); recently, that has become lower right AND left pain...very strange. Has had all of the tests and runs to the ER, been doing PT/massages for pain--also had CT,MRI,PAP,internal ultrasound (no cysts), blood work (good), and no-damn-body seems to care that they don't have any answers. I bet money that it is her appendix (although it shows to be "fine"), I had mine taken out 3 years ago with the same pains she has--and NO, jumping up and down did not reveal crap, and neither did directly touching it at times (which made my DR's initially rule out appendix--Good going, there, Doc..almost burst)...
  Interesting post above, regarding the cyst that was aggreviating the appendix; or the inguinal hernia possibility (car crash + whipping motion + petite woman)...
Anybody else out there with a similiar story, that has a positive ending? Please share the answer/remedy, so we can go ahead and skip to it, and all of the BS Doctors/Hospital ER visits.
Any update?
So sorry to hear about your daughter, Mary. Any updates? Thank you for sharing your story with all of us.

Adhesions were mentioned once before in my case but that doctor has since left on some sort of medical leave indefinitely. I've been seeing a new doctor. Nothing like being passed around in a system that is already broken. Pardon my bitterness, been having a REALLY hard time with the medical system lately. Finally, they think it might be my right ovary ....

Hope your daughter finds some relief soon!
So sorry to hear about your fiance, Brian. Any updates? She is way too young to be having all of these problems ..... 20 years old. How bad was this car accident?
I have been having cramping in my lower abdominal area for the last two years dr did a physical and it ended up being my gallbladder who would have thought .. I still have the feeling in the morning going to the doctor Tuesday because I had my gallbladder removed in August so it should not be hurting . I hope it's okay I get so worried I to just want to feel like myself again it really ***** I hope they solve your problem I sure hope to fine out about mine too
Hi Stacy. No, I don't have much of an update. Dr's move much too slowly for me.  The GI Dr. that we have been seeing told us yesterday that there is nothing more he can do for her. We did see a pain mangement Dr. last week who did give us some hope - at least he made us feel like we weren't crazy.  He was the first Dr. to say that "Yes, adhesions can cause a lot of pain."  So now I am waiting for her primary Dr. to call back and give me a referral to a surgeon.  I am done chasing Dr.'s around - they are useless. I will talk with a surgeon and see what he tells me. If I could afford to go to Germany now I would. I may have to settle for having surgery here and hope for the best. If surgery here doesn't help her, I will sell my house and go. Stacy - your Dr.'s will not readily admit that you have adhesions and that they may be causing you pain. Have you researched this online?  What do you think - could it be what is causing your pain? I will let you know what I hear from the surgeon.  Mary
Hi Brian. I'm so sorry for your fiance's accident.  Again, if the Dr's aren't giving you answers, it could be abdominal adhesions. They are usually caused by surgeries, but can also be caused by trauma, such as physical abuse or car accidents.  There is nothing more frustrating than having test after test and seeing Dr. after Dr. and not getting answers. And nobody seems to care that my 15 year old is too sick to go to school! Adhesions cannot be detected by any tests available, only by actually going inside and looking. I too at one time thought my girls trouble may have been appendix or gallbladder, but the tests have ruled them out. Keep us updated!  Mary
So sorry, Mary. Sounds so frustrating. May some answers and relief come very soon for your daughter and family. Please keep us posted.
So sorry. Hope you find some answers and relief soon.

I'm not a doctor but I believe I read some where that you can have your gall bladder removed and maybe have a stone stuck in a duct that they may have missed. I came across this by doing my own homework because I too had stomach problems after having my gall bladder removed. Only it was more or less digestive issues that I thought were "normal". Come to find out, one Colonoscopy later, it was probably Diverticulosis. This pain was on the left for years, since I was 26, I am now 40. Just to give you an idea. For years, I watched what I ate and how much I ate because of this. No greasy, spicy, fatty foods and just excepted that it was "normal". Now, I have adjusted my diet once more. No peanuts and seeds. More fiber, greens, water and Activia.

So if anything, the left side of my tummy and digestion has improved 100% through this past year. Now, if they could just figure out what this constant pain I have been having on my right side for the past year .... Can't wait! I will be a brand new woman!!

Please keep us updated.
Was just reading the posts, from beginning to end and felt the need to THANK all who has responded and/or just took the time to read.

This site has brought support during the darkest of times. I THANK YOU!!!

This site has allowed me to keep some what of a journal and has allowed me to communicate with people much like myself. Someone who is probably feeling lost in the system and some what frustrated. Someone who is intelligent enough to do their homework and reach out to others whether it's lending each other support, bouncing ideas off of one another, or even venting. We all have to do that every now and again. Right? HA!

Any who, THANK YOU. May you all have a VERY Happy and Safe Holiday. Hope it goes as well as possible for each and every one of you. We all have our challenges in life. Take it one day at a time. One situation at a time. It's how we deal with them, learn from them and over come them ..... Right? I'm learning. HA!

Peace and Love to you All.
Happy New Year 2013!!

May this New Year bring you Good Health and Happiness!!

As for me, got the long awaited phone call today from the GYN ....

Apparently, I am now waiting for yet another ultrasound. Will be eagerly waiting by the phone .............................................

She said something about the results of my last ultrasound which have left me a bit confused. She mentioned something about a polyp in my uterus and that the right has resolved, her words ......

So I started doing some reading on uterine polyps and endometreosis. Thought some more about it. Rode the Progesterone train for a bit. Completed that in May, so it's quite certain to be out of my system by now. 113 lbs and holding. No changes in the constant pain, except periods were and are now more painful, heavier and way too emotional for my liking.

I will be pulling my private records and any other records that might be necessary. In the meantime, I'm puzzled and hanging on by a thread. Any thoughts and/or ideas always welcomed. Thanks for reading. Hope you are doing well.
Updates? Anyone?
Sorry I haven't been following the board which is a good thing because I have had complete remedy of my lower abdominal pain. Both doctors agree that my ovarian cyst was rubbing on my appendix causing inflammation and discomfort. And it just so happened that the physical location of my appendix was much lower in my pelvis than most peoples.

I have been doing a lot better in regards to the pain. I have had no need for pain medication though I am still on various medications related to other GI issues that have been discovered (severe gastritis & duodenitis).

Best of luck!
When I had my surgery in November the doctors physically explored my abdominal cavity for any abnormalities from adhesions (post gallbladder removal) to hernia, scar tissue and endometriosis. Luckily, everything came back great....

Just a thought about exploratory surgery..a lot of gyn problems can't been seen by ultrasound or CT scan. Has any doctors suggest going into look around? It wasn't my doctors first suggestion since I had over 12 ultrasounds over the last year and probably 4+ CT scans.

Happy New Year and I hope 2013 brings some good news.
So VERY happy to hear your good news!!! So glad you have finally found some relief. Hope you're still having a speedy recovery!!

Just wanted to add: Just recently realized (by going through my personal medical file) that this GYN doc that I am seeing now performed the Lappy in November of 2011 .....

Still patiently waiting .......

Update: Looks like another Lappy is coming!!!

They have decided to remove my right ovary and anything else necessary.

I was given 3 choices:

1. Be put on hormones with the hopes of shutting everything down and going in to menopause.

2. Have everything removed and go in to menopause.

AND lastly ....

3. Remove right ovary and anything else that might be necessary. This includes calling someone else in to the room to remove say my appendix, if necessary.

What I am wondering is .... this is the same exact doctor who preformed the first Lappy, what are the odds of making my way back around to her again. Good sign or not? ....

She seems pretty confident that this will fix the problem and will do everything in her power to resolve this. Hopefully this does the trick!!

If you have had just one ovary removed, I would like to hear of your experiences. Please share. I do realize everyone is different and everyone reacts differently. I have also done some reading. Just would like to hear your story.

Thanks so much for reading. Thanks to all of you that have been so kind. Please say some prayers.

Take Care of You and Yours!
Update:

Looks like I will be having my right ovary removed and anything else the doctor see's that is necessary. Have to be there at 5:15 am on April 9th.

One can ONLY hope and pray that this does the trick!!

Thanks for reading.
i had my gall bladder out in june 2012 after having 3 months of unbearable pain and supposedly nothing wrong since then and none of the pain or some of my symptoms have left have chronic abdominal pain my stomach looks like im about to give birth and im a lesbian so no chance that being the cause i go to OB go every six months due to unrelated matter she says ovaries and pelvic look good then a couple months ago diagnosed with gout arthritis im 24 haven't ever been this bad still no answer to pain and now it hurts in my back region on top of my abdomen and now im lookin like im goin into a fourth term any ides

and they r missing the fact i have had kidney stones so im starting to lean toward kidney disease since two other people my age in my family were diagnosed with it and doctors r so fustrating sometimes sorry to be rantin wanted to throw the kidney stone part in
Sorry to hear of your issues with your health and Oh yes, the health care system. Hope you find some relief soon.
Update Update Update:

Second Surgery completed.

Enlarged appendix and right ovary removed ....

Still hopeful that this fixed the constant pain that I have been in since August 2011.

I can not stress enough. Please, please, please be your own advocate. Do your homework. Play an active role in your health care. Don't leave a doctor's office until your are satisfied.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Take Care and Thanks for reading.

Happy Spring!!
Sorry for the delay .... Apparently, the end conclusion is that I had a

CHRONIC APPENDICITIS for the last 2 years!!

Yes indeed, it does exist and boy is it a nightmare! I'm living proof.

Now that I am feeling better, I'm looking in to getting some sort of nursing degree. Have over 20 years Non-Medical Home Companion Care and I was working on a B.A. in Sociology when I became ill in August of 2011.

Sadly, I'm afraid that an ovary was sacrificed because of this whole ordeal but I guess I don't need it any ways (except for hormones) since my tubes were tied a long time ago .....

I wish you all the best.
Is anyone still checking this thread?
Yes.
I am now 4 months out since 2nd surgery .... thought I was coming a long Okay until this month.

Ironically, this week marks exactly 2 years since this whole battle began.

I have NOT had my period yet this month!! I have NEVER missed a period EXCEPT for twice with my children!!

Before all of this began, I thought I knew my body pretty well, like clock work.

It's nearing the end of the month, I have been having hot flashes and night sweats. Been WAY too Emotional, as well.

For the last 3 months it seemed as though things were going back to "normal" ....... What happened???!!!!
Since the surgery in April ......

May was "normal", June was "normal", July was "normal" but August is M.I.A. ......I understand that the left ovary will compensate for the missing (right) ovary but ....

I did have some hot flashes and night sweats for a few days one week last month. Don't have much of an appetite and nipples are sore.

Keep in mind, I no longer have a right ovary, tube taken too (from what I was told) no longer have an appendix or gall bladder.

Left tube tied and left ovary in tact.

Should I be worried?
Hey.. I have been following your posts hoping I could find relief from the symptoms and pain I'm going through..
I have been experiencing the EXACT same symptoms in my lower right quadrant(lower right ).. All the way down to the sore nipples!!

I have yet to figure out what is going on with my body because its starting to effect my period cycle and the pain level of my menstral cramps. I have been going thru this for about 4 months.
PLEASE HELP!!
Could your mia  be perimenopause ?

I have had right lower abdomen pain off and on for the last 2 months.  Also the pain is like a pulling pain near the pelvic area.  It gets aggravated when I have to be on my feet for a longish time eg when I go grocery shopping etc. It settles down with complete rest and hot compress.  The Dr checked me for appendix, gave me a USG that had all lower organs clear but said bulky liver. He sent me for a CT that said mildly bulky cervix.  All other tests are normal. He wants me to go for a pap smear. I am terrified as I am a virgin and have never had such invasive tests before.  I argued with the Dr that I dont need a Pap smear but he thinks everyone over 40 should have it virgin or not.  The duration between my periods have reduced from 50 day cycle (which was pronounced normal when I was 18) to around 35 day cycle in the last year and the flow is also much heavier. I have always had very painful periods all my life and needed medication to cope with it.
May I ask your age?
Wondering if there is any update?
Okay so I am at 6 months post surgery.

Status: Body is still trying to find a new "normal" ............

The constant pain that was there on the lower right side is gone. For that I am so thankful!! I am thankful to be alive!!

August - no period.
September - ONLY one week break from period.

October - we shall see .....

The same doctor that did the surgery sent me for a mammogram. Then a second mammogram and sonogram. They want a biopsy .....

Fortunately, I've had the pleasure of meeting a few GREAT ladies this week through the local health department. Currently waiting for a phone call.

I try to tell myself NOT to worry and in a weird way I'm not at-least not yet ....after the last 2 years I will just deal with what ever card I am dealt. Except, my mother was diagnosed with cancer when I was 15 years old, she lived to be 72 years old and I am now 41 years old.
It's been a while since I have visited this site. October 2013.
It is now February 2014.

Body is STILL trying to find a new "normal".

No period yet this month AND experiencing what may VERY well be "hot flashes" and "night sweats" ..................................................

Have a NEW bag of problems maybe now because they removed my right ovary AND then the appendix!!

Beware people!!! "chronic appendicitis" DOES exist or incompetent healthcare ............................................................................

I am TRULY lucky to still be here. Happy to be alive but NOT happy about what this has done to my life!
I have had 3 years of pain on my right side. CT scans, MRI, 6 sonograms, GI series, barium test, chiropractor, back doctor, back injections, and urologist saying all is good, for real. So this year when I woke up with pain beyond being able to get out of bed I decided to have exploratory surgeryby my gyn. Well, I had adhesions on my right ovary and had my ovary removed. Back to the dr feeling a bit better then two days ago the pressure and pain started again in lower right side-pinching, twisting and throbbing. Went back to GI, ultra sound, general dr, more tests and no answers. So sad and expensive. No dr can seem to diagnosis. Not my appendix either. Not sure how not one doctor can help me other than writing a script for pain meds. A nurse said I could lose weight but I weigh 120 lbs at 5'6 really? Pilates might help but any exercise causes pain. Please help me if you have any ideas as I am tired and sick of medicine!!!! Maybe you are in my boat. Going to see about nerve pain from the inguinal ligament? In the groin area. Wish a dr would read this and please help give me guidance.
Hi everyone.  I began following this thread in 11/2012 shortly after my daughter became sick.  We were still in the early stages of our 'journey'.  I posted at the time thinking that her problem was adhesions because that was the only concrete thing any doctor had found. I'm going to make a very long story, very short.  We saw many doctors, had many tests done. Were given many different diagnoses. In May of 2014 a doctor saw what she described as a mass in yet another ultrasound. She asked if we wanted to wait 6 weeks to see if it went away, or schedule surgery.  After 20 months of pain we both wanted surgery NOW.  She also said that they could remove the appendix while they were in there - just because y'know, why not?  It took a month to schedule surgery.  The mass was not there.  They removed the appendix even though it looked fine and also cut down some adhesions.  When they wheeled her back to her room after surgery, she was still very groggy, but when she saw me, she reached out to touch my face and with tears in her eyes, said the pain was gone. We assumed the adhesions were the problem. We were wrong.  Even though the appendix looked fine, the pathology report confirmed that she had APPENDICITIS!  It was internally inflamed and did not show up on any tests.  So yes Stacy is right,  Chronic Appendicitis is real!  And now the doctors smile, and shrug and say at least she is better now.  Yes, I am VERY grateful for that, but as a single mother, fighting our health care system to get answers for my girl has left me in financial ruin, and about to lose our home.  It has also left her over a year behind in school and taking medication for depression.  I will never trust doctors and our health care system again.  Mary