Lower left abdomen pain at night
Over the pass year, I have experienced 4 or 5 bouts of lower left abdomen pain while asleep.  The pain is so intense that it awakens me, and lasts from 30-45 minutes.  I owuld characterize the pain as burning and pain simultaneously, not in the upper stomach, but more towards the middle intestines or mid-left-lower side.  It hurts so bad; I sweat profusely when this occurs. After about 1/2 hours of so, the pain subsides; I feel chills, and then inner warmth.  I have a history of kidney stones, but this pain altogether different.  It always begins on the left lower side, and then moves towards the mid section, below my stomach.  Please advise.
This pain can be due to peptic ulcers or pancreatitis. You need upper GI endoscopy to diagnose it.
Splenic enlargement and ovarian cysts in females can also cause such pain.
It would be better to get CT abdomen done which can clear cut confirm a diagnosis from the above possibilities.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.