Lump In Bikini Line Area

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Lump In Bikini Line Area

I shave my pubic area. I did develop a bump on my bikini line a few months ago.  It was not painful and has some flaking skin around it.  I used an ointment for ingrown hair.  It took away the flaky skin.  The bump is still there, about the size of a pencil eraser, but it is hard to feel unless you push in on the skin.
The only thing I can think of is maybe its from shaving. I would suggest getting it checked out by your OB or doctor.I really can't tell you exactly what it is and your doctor will have a more accurate diagnosis. Good luck and hope all is well!!

-Nicole
hi there
i have had the same problem does the lump ever swell and then decrease somedays and if you squueeze is it filled with pus?
it could be a sebaceous cyst if so
let me know
thanks!
Sometimes it does get so small that I can't feel it.  It doesn't really have a color, maybe a very light purple, barely noticeable.  No, I have never noticed any pus, but have never tried to squeeze it.
I have had the exact same thing, its where you are shaving. I have had one under my arm too. So i stopped shaving my bikini line and it went away. It took a while but it did go. I went to the docs as it scared the hell out of me! And that was his conclusion. Its your Lymph Nodes. They are perfectly harmless.
specialmom commented on remar's status
43 mins ago
Shannon79 commented on photo
Shannon79, and specialmom commented on Shannon79's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals