Lump by vaginal area

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Lump by vaginal area

I discovered a lump about 2 weeks ago the size of a marble by my vaginal (between my backend and my vaginal entrance closer to vaginal entrance)area well I noticed it alot more everytime I felt like I had to have a bowel movement. Well as of today I am in so much pain that my clothes are rubbing and I have a had time sitting down or even walking normally.  It doesnt look like a pimple or anything like that but it is very very sore and hard.  It seems to be getting worse and this point I dont even feel like using the restroom for anything anymore as that is how uncomfortable I am. I do have an appt with my OB/GYN on Friday but I was wondering if anyone could give me some light on this I am not wanting to be diagnosed as I know that my OB/GYN will do that just wanting somthing kind of response. Or if anyone has any familiarity of this.
i wonder if it could be some sort of cyst or abcess (abscess)?
maybe your dr can give you some antibiotics or see if it can be drained at all.
i hope all is ok with you :)
hugs eve
Is this bump located right on the inside of the vagina? I had this about 5 years ago.....its called a Bartholin's Cyst. Sometimes they can become infected and very sore! The Dr. gave me some antibiotics and it cleared up within a week. Hope this helps:)
it may have been caused by having sex from ure anus, or natually jst normal sex and you didnt clean it right after you were finished which sometimes irritates that area once the sperm has dried on the skin which proberbly made you start itching Or you couldve got it from wearing a pair of damp knickers or wet clothing, You may have piles????? See your doctor if pain persists.
for some odd reason my "area" has been very irrated its been very warm nd very itiching and theres a bump near the entering part of the "area" and when i first found out the problem i scratched it and it became kinda swollen i put some cream on it that u use for open cuts and burns e.t.c i slept in it and when i woke up everything was gone no redness no irration no nothing but hours later .. it was bothering me and i scared and yes i have had sex but with only one person and i know hes clean but i dunno i never had something like this before please help me!
The thread you are posting on is a little old, but I'll help you if I can.  It could be a bacterial infection of a hair follicle, or could be an s.t.d., or could be something entirely different.  I think your best bet is to go see your gyno right away and get checked.  If you don't have a regular doc, you could even go to Planned Parenthood.  Better to get at it early and know what it is than to be scared.  Good luck!  Annie
I had a similar situation, but it was more than one hard lump, and they occurred all over my vaginal area. I was so upset because I had and still have 1 and only 1 partner. Anyways, luckily I was scheduled for a pap. My doctor examined them, but said it was nothing to worry about. Of course I was still worried.
Then I started to think that perhaps something was irritating me. I had recently switched to Dove exfoliating body wash. It was irritating the skin down there! No other area of my body was irritated, but the lumps cleared up within a week from not using it. Hopefully your problem is as simple as that.
Mine is that last i found a little lump in my vaginal area by the hair line on the left side. When I touch it hurts and a little when I walk. But I was sexually active with someone twice in one day could that be it.
I had a similar occurance about three weeks and itg was very scary but I went to the doctor and they precribed an antibiotic and within eight days the swelling had gone down signicantly and now there is absolutely no sign, no scar, no lump. So keep the faith and go to your doctor or gyno.
Des_a_rae commented on Des_a_rae's status
LandM2009 commented on LandM2009's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals