Lump in Pelvic Area

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Lump in Pelvic Area

I have had a lump for over a year that is located between the crease where your leg meets your butt, and the perenium.  It's usually flat and somewhat hard, but I can squeeze it into a pea size.  When I try to squeeze it to get anything out of it a small white strand of semi-solid material comes out of another pore that's about 1/3 inch away from the actual lump.

I pointed it out to my gynecologist and she said it was probably an ingrown hair.  (I didn't tell her about squeezing it)  So I assumed it would just go away, but it's been there for over a year now.  Could an ingrown hair last this long?  Could it be a boil?  Why when I squeeze it, does it excrete something 1/3 inch away from the bump?

Any answers, advice, or remedies would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.    
Look up "Bartholin's cyst" on the Web and using Google images. You'll find that you have two Bartholin's glands, one on either side, below your vaginal opening. That's where the gland openings are and you can't really see them.  The glands themselves are inside and about 1/3 inch away! Your gynecologist certainly knows about Bartholin's cysts but apparently never looked at yours.  If you tell her what you told me, I think she'll realize what it is. You also seem to have a bit of an unusual case. Usually the infection clears up or goes so badly out of control that ...well, you can look at the images yourself.  Hope that helps answer your question.
Makes perfect sense to me.  I just wish I had asked about this sooner.  I will look up the info you recommended and make an appt. with my gynecologist.  Thanks so much. ~Michele  
Des_a_rae commented on Des_a_rae's status
1 hr ago
Des_a_rae Ironic? Had a dream last n... Comment
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals