Lump in inner virginal lip

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Lump in inner virginal lip

I noticed a lump in my inner virginal lip.  It is located in the crease in between the lip and virginia.  Can anyone tell me what it can possibly be?  

I have a GYN appt for later in the month but I am very nervious of what this can possibly be.

Thank you in advance for your emails.
Sue G
go to doctor asap and relax it may be a rash from friction or shaving think did u do anything differently lately in that particular area of your body
"Vaginal".

"Vaginal lips".

Could be a lot of things. Does it hurt? How long has it been there?  

They could be virginal vaginal lips.
Like mine?

*flaps lips at JJety*

Whoa, I almost took off there!
hahahahahahaha!!!!!  I think I just peed my pants a little.
Do you need advice on urinary incontinence?  It's a common problem.
:) i love you guys!
It really depends on what you mean when you say lump?
I mean is it big or small, sore, abscess?

(As mentioned in a previous post)
In the past I would get like a cyst or something, usually the following morning after BDing, which prevented any more BDing until it cleared up.

My GP said not to worry that they were inflammed pores possibly from being infected, inturned hairs or too much friction on the skin from BDing.

My ones oozed puss/blood (sorry tmi), but once popped they would be gone.
You know since I have been taking meds for Hypothyroidism since August 2006 Iv'e not had any, weird eh?

Well that's my story.

Uncomfortable, I know
Original poster, it might be a clogged pore.  Your doc will help you a lot, don't worry.
We heart you, too!  

Original poster, how long have these lumps been there, and do they hurt?  Sorry to get sidetracked.
Avatar n tn
it could be a cyst. I have one that generally stays gone, but popps up from time to time. The drs monitor it to make sure it doesnt get big enough to remove. Its a bartholin gland cyst (my one)

what did your GYN think it was?
Avatar n tn
how about a bartholins cyst? look that up and see if it describes what you have.

Avatar n tn
it could be a boil, does it hurt?
Avatar n tn
Thank you ladies for all the responses.  

The lump is really hard and it does not hurt.  It showed up 2 days ago and it is firmer then when I first noticed it.  It is not turning white at all.  I do not think it is an ingrown hair b/c it is to deep in.

Thank you
Sugey
Avatar n tn
I have one, too! I discovered a few days ago that I had this lump under the skin between my vag lip and thigh. Hoping it was an ingrown I've been squeezing it and sometimes I can get a little puss and blood out but it's minor. The thing is deep. I can almost feel its roots--who knows how far it goes. Anway, could this be a cyst? I'm freaked out. STD?!
Avatar n tn
be careful of wrong diagnose, wait 2hear 4rm yr Doc. i noticed a little lump on my vigina (vagina) 2 few days ago but i tink it might be boil.
i use to treat a lup on my vigina (vagina) myself, until i went 2my Doc nd he sed it was only a virginal lip..i never knew virginal lip was normal. have been hurtin mysely using ointment..i hope it doesn't have a side effect later on..
i have a lump next to my vjj, it is round like a ball and has like some kind or cord attached to it,there is no odd colors,it doesnt hurt it gets bigger then small its been there for 3weeks now does any one know what it is or what?
hi i have a lump on my vagina lip and i think i got it from fingering and im guessing i hit inside the vagina wrong that after that night everytime my boyfriend would try to finger me i would get a ball and it feels like its hanging and i cant sit and it hurt like ALOT ! i never had sex but im really freaked out i cant even stick a tampon in cause im scared of the lump to come out again  !!! -___-  please help asap i need to know if i have something extremely serious ! p.s. i went to the doctors and they checked me said everything was fine but thats a lie , i know im not ok.. im 17 and ive been dating my b.f. for 4yrs.
I noticed a small lump on left side of clit about a week ago, then another appeared on top of clit and started to get bigger and now very sore, i took some anti biotics but still very painfull was waiting till monday to get app with gp but wondering if this is the same as others are describing? i have had like boils and sweat spots on inside of leg before but never inside the lip this is just big and inflammed like a 'skittle' but not puss or bloody. any ideas?
i have a lump. iv had one before , n i gave it a week or so to go away or i would go to the doctor, and it did, but now, 2 or so maybe more months, on the other side i have another one pop up. its not on the outside, its under the skin, its really big, and has that whole side of my virgina swollen, it hurts when has pressure, or if touched. im hoping this one will go away to, but idk what it is, and if its something to worry about, i need to know if i need it checked out, idk whats wrong, and jus need someone to help ! lol.
hi .
i have a lump on my vagina lip i just noticed it about 10 mins ago its under the skin  im scared to go to the doctors its fairly big but no sore it does not have a white head or thing just really red around it is very  irrating  can some please give me advise what to do xxx
I have the same problem every once and a while and I put tea tree oil on it and they go away within a couple days. You can get it at health food stores.

Good luck
please help im a teen never been sexually active and i have a small bump on my vaginal area. but i dont want to tell my mom.what can i do to help make it go away ...will a hot bath help? please helpbim scared as hell!!
its soar when touchd feels brused around it.
I am dealing with the samething,I had one in my stomache and had to get it cut out,after haven sergry they told me I had indometeous,I also get a lot of boil all the time,but I rather have the boils than this thng its long and hard in my private lip,it be build up blood,I pray that u feel better baby.
I will be praying for u baby
Baby please tell ur mom,these thing turn into cancer,I'm sure u rather let go of pride,and live rather than die,pray and ask God to help u then go talk to ur mom,I love u stay encorage
hi sweety u should tell ur mommy asp .....u can only trust ur mom ....she is the only one can u trust and help u.... :)
I have a lump jjust at the top of myy fanny!, at the side at the skin I have sex wii myy bf and it cam a cupple of days ago!, it really sor and it itchy plz can some one tell me what it is
I have a question my friend is 22 she jus founding out about this bump underneath the lip of her vagina everytime she go to the bathroom it burn and hurt when she weapons it what can cost it
MH Community Mgr commented on photo
9 mins ago
pb95 commented on mhv's status
54 mins ago
pb95 excited for Belle313 and th... Comment
1 hr ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals