Lump in mons pubis/labia majora

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Lump in mons pubis/labia majora

I'm 32 and I found a relatively large (2.5 in X 1.5 in or so) lump at the base of my mons pubis/top of left labia majora. It's not overly painful but does cause some discomfort at times when I am moving around (ie, walking). Any idea what this is and should I be concerned about it being cancerous?
I am going through the exact same thing now (and my lump is in the same place).  My gyn didn't know what to make of it and said it was probably a subaceous cyst.  But that's not very reassuring.  He said if it is a cyst it will eventually rise the surface in a head and burst.  Let me know how yours goes and I'll do the same.
I started getting them as well. i  to just pop them. it hurts but it was gone after the puss n the bleeding. (i know it sounds gross lol)
I have the same thing. I have severaly lumps/bumps on my mons pubis and they hurt and are very tender i have no idea what to do?!
There is a rather serious autoimmune disease called Behcet's Syndrome. This disease's initial symptoms closely resemble the herpes virus, causing inflammaion, vaginal sores, fissures, cuts, boils, or folliculitis (ingrown hairs). Other symptoms develop years later, so it is very important that you find out just what it is that is causing your symptoms. Don't be too quick to brush it off as nothing, Behcet's disease affects people of every age and every race. Also, be careful choosing a doctor, you want to see someone who know's enough to tell you what Behcet's Syndrome is all about, if they don't know that, they don't know enough to help you. It is not contagious, it just happens to people. Visit the American Behcet's Disease Association website message board for more information.
My 7 year old little girl has had 2 of these cysts(the doctor called it a boil) and said that it is a staph infection???  she also has several  little black head looking bumbs on her mons pubis area all the time.  I have been putting antibiotic oinment on them to see if it will prevent them from turning into a bigger bump???  I hate that she has these issues already
Hi I'm 15 years old and i recently got a lump on my mons pubis and it was more like a white head.The way I made it go away was by busting the white head.It did not hurt but I was very scared.I never had this before and I pray I don't have it again.I used cotton balls,q-tips,and latex gloves to be safe.It seem pretty well afterwards.It was not that big to start of with.I noticed it a day after a had a period and I did'nt know what it was until i looked it up.Well i just wanted to help and share this with anyone i can..Thank you because this site helped me.
I have one right now and it hurts like hell. Ive popped it several times and it doesnt want to go away., there is a slight hole where it popped and bled and a clearish goo also emerged. But anyway it feels very hard under the tender top layer. UGH am i gonna die?? lol.
It's like I always have something on my bottom area and though I'm a 22 year old virgin, sometimes I get scared because I almost had sex before. It never bothered me in the past but every since two in a half months ago when me and my boyfriend came close, he placed his penis on my vagina for no more than 15 seconds, I be afraid when I get these li'l rashes and bumps now, though I never was scared in the past because I knew I never came into sexual contact...UGH....thats the reason I stay far away from sex because I dont want any STDs or viruses...

I be freaking out and went to the doctor for times in two weeks...
im experiencing that now and i used to drink antibiotic for having a cyst also on my mons pubis. can someone tell me what is the cause of having cyst or boil on mons pubis? and how to cure it