Lump near clitoris
I have a small pea sized or smaller, lump right to the top right of my clitoris, I had another one to the top left a month or two back but it went away when my period ended. It is not painful, and has no strange color, there is no discharge and it does not get larger. It feels solid. Ever heard of this? Should I be frightened?
I had a small bump appear in the same spot as the original poster.  The bump started out the same size (about the size of a pea) but became inflamed over the next couple days.  
I believe there were a few factors in play.  The day it first appeared I was wearing tight underwear and tight pants and I had shaved my entire... downstairs... as usual.  I also took a three hour road trip in a car with very bad shocks.  I think this is why the bump first showed up.  It did not help that I drank a 375mL bottle of Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey that night.
As with anything lumpy or bumpy in that general vicinity, one tends to get a trifle uncomfortable both physically and psychologically.  However, I'm not one to run for the doctor's office without some figuring and curing of my own (unless it's an emergency or the amount of pain is an indicator of a serious issue).  I read many of the responses here, I also researched alternative medicine websites.
Here's what I'm doing to shrink my bump (with great success, I might add).  First, drink plenty of water.  Second, avoid alcohol and cigarettes.   Third, avoid sugar and caffeine if at all possible.  Fourth, get LOTS of rest and/or sleep.  Fifth, go to your local coop or health food store and buy a bottle of apple cider vinegar (unfiltered, unpasteurized.  That clear **** has been processed to the point it has no nutritional or healing benefits whatsoever.) a box of organic chamomile tea bags, zinc pills and a jar of organic REAL honey.  (Again, most honey on the shelf doesn't even contain pollen and will not do you any good.)
Take the zinc as directed on the bottle.
For four days in a row I moistened a chamomile tea bag with warm water and applied it directly to the bump.  I put a paper towel on the other side so I wouldn't get a glaring wet spot on the front of my britches and I used a tight pair of underwear and pantyliner to keep the tea bag in place.  I wore it all day, occasionally moistening it and flipping it over.  (Make sure you remove the string and tag and also be sure the small staple at the top is not in contact with your skin.)
I also drank a full shot of apple cider vinegar every morning (AFTER breakfast.  The first day I took a shot without eating breakfast and I hurled an hour later.) and every night.  Some people don't like the taste of ACV but I don't mind it a bit.  If it's too much for you, dilute it with water, add honey and heat it up.
I'm not claiming this will cure everyone's bumps (as I'm sure they're not all caused by the same thing) but I am saying it might worth a try.  It has worked for me and the bump is almost completely gone.  
Good luck to everyone.  
hey there, i just noticed that i have a pea size bump on the right side inside my lip. it doesn't hurt, and i could never feel it before, but now that i know it is there i can feel it like when i sit. but it is very hard and doesnt hurt and does not move. have never been to a gyno either. and i am 22
I've had a very small white spot right on my clitoris too for about 2 or 3 weeks. It doesn't hurt at all. It's just there and I want to know why. I tried to see if I could pop it but I stopped because that part of the body is already senitive enough as it is. I'm still a virgin so I know I didn't get anything from someone else. But I am 18 and I don't want this white spot to bother me or however I get with when the time comes!

Any thoughts?
Hello People! PLEASE HELP ME!!

I'm 14 and i have this lump on the right side of my vagina.. its not on the inside but JUST on the outside.. it didn't hurt when i first found it.. but now when i touch it it kinda hurts... it ask started off skin colour.. then pink.. and now a very light brown colour.. please help me I'm too scared to go to the Dr... and no I've never had sexual intercorse!!! and I've never shaved... PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!  its my birthday on the 15th.. i don't want to be worried on my birthday....... D"""": PLEASE HELP.......

PLEASE!! THANK YOU!!
I have a bump next to my clit. it really doesn't  look like a bump at all you can't really notice it till you actually touch it. It's very sensitive and hurts even when my pants rub the wrong way I have had it for a week. My boyfriend likes to watch me masterbate and when I rubbed at my clit and every thing when I was done there was blood all over my fingers. I freaked out running to the bathroom and and wiped I am not bleeding from vagina what so ever an my fingers didn't even go near it that much. Now the bump is more red and when I wiped most of the blood was up there. What can the problem be???
one of my friends had the same problem and when she went to the doctors they tested her and said it was herpes. She never even has had sex but the doctor told her she could get it from a toilet seat at a public place.

But I wouldn't worry because it might just be something else. If I was you I would go to the doctors and get it checked out just in case something is wrong.
Tell your mother you need to go to the Gynocoligist. I finally went about mine (2 years later) and the Dr said he is going to do a surgury and remove them when they are larger (usually during my monthly) but it was a HUGE RELIEFE to know it was not cancerous. Wish I would have gone sooner!
Should I visit a dr if I have a cyst over the clitoris, or should I just let it go away by itself?
*help! Freaking out
Couple days ago, i woke up one morning with a little lump/bump on the right side of my clitoris ( on the clitoris). I was terrified because i had no idea what it was and why it was so painful when i touch it. Immediately i began to pour warm water on it while rubbing it but it seem to aggravate it more that it only got bigger. I googled for answers and i came upon this site. A big sigh of relieve! I've read almost all the posts and i've gotten pretty good pointers as well. I prefer holistic treatments when it comes to ailments. I took a leaf of aloe, cut it in half and allowed to soak in water the refrigerator. Twice a day i'd drink a cup of aloe water (mornings and at bedtime) the refill the container containing the water back with water. At bedtime cut pieces of aloe leaf, exact gel and place on the area. Praise be to God because as soon as i started treating myself with aloe the lump started to shrink significantly and would irritate me less in just two day of treatment. Also, i took a warm bath once a day. God-Willing Hopefully this  helps....
I have one right now, it's on the shaft, right under my gland, my doctors don't thinkbits a pimple andbi was just tested for herpes and that was negative. What do I do? Wet warm washcloth 15 minutes a day? How long do they stay? It doesn't hurt at all, I'm just a bit freaked out . Mines 1/4 the size of a pea, and white. What do I do?
What did you personally do about yours? Mine sounds the same as yours. Please, I'm scared.
I developed one two days ago & it was extremely painful. It was a hard little knot right beside my clitoris. I tried the warm cloth & it didn't work for me. I was so uncomfortable! I couldn't even sleep normally. I read the posts on here & kept coming across the advice of aloe. I don't personally own a plant, so I made a trip to walmart & purchased their brand of aloe vera for sunburns (it also has lidocane in it). Put a dab on & felt IMMEDIATE relief (assuming due to the lidocane. About 2 hours later, I went to pee & glanced down to check. It had popped a little & some discharge was around my vaginal lips. I immediately cleaned up w/ gentle soap & water & put a little more aloe vera on the area. It's not as large or hard anymore & no pain. Hopefully it is all gone. I have never had one of these before. I only have 1 sex partner & we've been together for 6 years. I did get a terrible bout of food poisoning 2 days ago & I'm wondering if maybe that's what made my glands react it this way. All I know is the Aloe Vera w/ lidocane worked amazingly & I feel 10x better. Just thought I'd pass along to everyone experiencing this painful bump!
I just had a baby and when my swelling went down I notice a bump inside my clit. It doesn't leak anything or get bigger it's the same color as my skin down there. It doesn't hurt when you touch it. Any ideas what it could be?
hi! i went to the doctor and she said it IS my clit. that if it's under your clit hood as many of you have described and connects to one or both of your beginning of your lips, it's an irritated clit. it can happen during your period, during or before a yeast infection, or just from wearing tight jeans/having a lot of attention to the area. it is very frustrating for me as it is happening now almost every single time i get my period. things that have worked for me - hot cloth on the area, sometimes cold ice on the area too. i've heard salt baths work well so i am about to go out and buy some epson salts and soak for 15 mins. apparently drinking lots of water and eating yogurt regularly can help, as per my doctor. i was on here a few months ago worried sick so i wanted to return and let you guys know that it may be nothing! keep i mind mine does not have a white head at all, just a red bump that hurts to touch and sometimes sends shooting pains. it is your actual clit, just irritated. i hope this eases some people! :)
I just felt mine today and in scared as can be, reading everyone else's posts kind of soothed me out but I don't know if I should go to the doc.

It's on the left small lip near my clitoris, and it's pretty small, kind of like the size of a bb bullet, for the bb gun, but I'm still scared.

Should I buy vagisil or should I just put a hot cloth on it?
Any help I can get I'll be glad to hear.
Thanks!

Thanks!
i got one 3 days ago, barely today I looked it up and I calmed down a little, but still I am freaking out! 3 days ago it was about the size of a bb pellet and today it got bigger! It looks swollen and I'm really scared. I just want it to go away and fast. What helps? If it doesn't go away by friday I will go to the doctors but if there is something I can do at home first I will try that. Why did mine get so big though, I was messing with it 2 days ago and I have a feeling that's what made it swell up. It's on my left side labia next to my clit....??
How did you handle the pain of popping it?? I have a large swollen and hard lump to the right of my clitoris and my fiancee said that it was either a pimple or ingrown hair and that I should pop it, so I tried to tonight and it was soo hard and it hurt so much to try that I gave up. I am considering using a small needle to try to break the skin but I dont know if that is the best idea, but I cannot get it to pop because it is so hard and hurts so much.
I have one too on the top right side of my clit I noticed it because it was itching its painless and the same as the rest of yall I decided to squeezing it and it had a lil bit of white discharge and a little bit of blood sorry for TMI but I really wanna know what it is ...do any of yall know what it could be ?
I have a small size pea near the left side of my clitoris, its not painful , it is hard and it can be irritating when wearing tight clothes as i feels uncomftable, ive had it for few years, ! not sure what it is at this stage, but reading the comments on here seems a tiny bit relieving. Has anyone been and checked and got any results from it, i would love to hear from anyone :)
I have a similar issue. Mine's white, to the right of my clitoris, and is very painful. I'm 14 and a virgin, so it's definitely not an STD or anything. I've read that others have had something like this and they pop it, but it really hurts to even touch. I'm a VERY paranoid person and I worried it might be cancer.. Help? :/
I just experienced the worst pain ever from something I cannot explain. From what I can gather, I developed an abscess under/inside my clitoral hood - it looked like a round red growth/pimple of sorts but without a head. Pulling back my clitoral hood you could see the red bump and it hurt SO BAD. I could feel it getting bigger just by touching the outside of my vagina. I could not sleep on my side. I felt like my clitoris was so swollen I could barely walk. I was sobbing it hurt so bad. I finally went to the ER. Even the ER people were somewhat unsure - they did not want to drain it and so they swabbed me for every STD even though I am in a monogamous relationship and we use protection. They gave me a shot of antibiotic and put me on two weeks of more antibiotic with diflucan and clotriminazole for yeast infection and anti-inflammatories. Later on after my ER visit I felt my underwear get really wet and I immediately felt relief and the swelling go down. Must be the antibiotic shot weakened the abscess membrane and it drained. I have no idea what I did to have this abscess happen. So, right now I am almost half way through my antibiotics and trying to keep from having a yeast infection. It's still red in my clitoris area and I can't do much except rest and take it easy. I have a doctor's appt. next week but I am just so upset about this. I NEVER want to experience something like this again. I'm afraid it will come back. I hope this helps and I'm glad I have found others who have experienced something like this. If anyone else has experienced one INSIDE of their clitoris can you please respond?
I have my 2nd little bump near my clitoris and the first one didn't pop or respond to ANY pressure. When the first one seamed ultra painful and swelled to almost the size of an acorn, I used petrolium jelly and some mellaluca triple antibacterial ointment. the swelling decreased until it went away.
Now, this one is much closer to my spot and I've been able to enjoy all the pleasures of the area, as long as I clean well and again, place some antibacterial ointment on the bump.

For those of you worried - just talk to a sister, mother, school nurse, or your doctor.
I'm dirt poor right now. However, even if I had the means to go see a doctor, I'm not going to until I feel that it threatens more than my clit. If it becomes uncomfortable to walk, exersize, or do normal house chores, I will infact find the means to have a professional look at it.
I already called  my sister - she has had smaller ones. So she was able to relate to me.
My bump feels like the tissue under the skin are irritated and swollen. The tip closest to my clitoris is more sensitive. This may confirm that it is a cyst on a gland. The mirror thing was weird for me, but I was able to catch a glimps. It isn't too red.
these are all important things to note.
PS... If you are worried - talk to someone.
I hate to tell you but you may have been exposed to HPV. It may have been a wart. Get checked out.
this sounds like me! I had sex with my husband and not to get too gruesome it was a lot of friction on the clitoris.  The next day I had a bump right on top of maybe to the right side of my clitoris.  It doesn't help that I'm a right-y and so when I wipe it just bothers me even more.  I didn't have health insurance at the time so I put some warm compress on it and after a while it got bruised and then went down a bit but stayed there for a few months until I finally got health insurance from my company.  

I went to the Gyno and she squeezed it lightly to see what it was and it surprisingly did not hurt!  She asked if it hurt, I said when I first got it a few months ago yes but now I barely notice it there.  She said it was nothing to worry about.  I think I was in such shock that it didn't hurt when she touched it and more scared of her doing some kind of incision to drain it that I didn't pry some more.  

Come time to yesterday when it became bigger and painful!  I pot a HOT compress on it all night and today I see that it seemed to have drained and went back down as it was before.  I'm still in the dark about what it is but if my doc says it's nothing then it's nothing to be scared about! I hope this helps alleviate some of the worry!
Have you found anything out? I believe I may have exactly what you have described.. please any information would be more than appreciated!
This same tube like lump has hardened a bit. and is terribly uncomfortable.
Hello 2 days ago i woke up and my clit was slightly sore i looked at it in the mirror and there was a pie size red lump there its slightly sore not really but i do feel it. Please hell. I thought it was a pimple...lol... But there is no head on it
I got the samething. It hurt a little bit til I picked at and now it hurts more. Should I not pick at it and wait til it goes away? But should I be worried about it or not?
I have the same thing but mine is underneath the skin and it's like a lump and a knot and I'm only 15 and it hurts I noticed it yesterday I don't know how long it has been there but when I feel on it or push on it it's really painful I don't know you can't pop it I tried but it just made it more painful and worse its very swollen than the other side of my vagina but I'm going to the doctor here soon and I'm scared to knowing what it is:(
fordyce spots- Fordyce spots are tiny raised, pale, red, white or skin colored spots or bumps located on the lips of the face and genitalia of males and females.

These bumps people normally freak out about ( I know I did when I first got em') and mistakenly mistake these for herpes or some type of STD.

They are not really painful but if you try to pop them there most likely will be some pain or irritation like would a pimple.  

Now... I have a red bump on the outside of my vagina it hasn't gotten any bigger as of yet but it's painful and red the size of a pea. The location is on the lower outside of my labia minora  right before or on the taint or runway as my boyfriend like to call it.... It is painful and I am scared!

Has anyone had this problem? IF so please reply.
I have also tried ointments. But doesn't seem to do anything. I have had bumps before but the doctors have always told me it was razor burn, Fordyce bumps, ingrown but this one is different. I don't know if it's because it's in a much more sensitive area or what?!?!
Okay. I'm 20 and not sexually active. I found this site a bit ago looking for helping on this exact same issue. I had a small lump to the left of my clitoris, it was near the hair line so I figured it was a ingrown hair. Over time it got bigger and became white like there was puss in it or something and I knew it wasn't a pimple. It started to become concerning and very discomforting so I brought it up to my mom, it had grown exponentially going beyond the size of a peanut and with it pressing against my clit it was discomforting. Found this site and decided to soak myself in hot water and epsom salt until I went to see the female doctor for my first time. I'm not sexually active and it wasn't an STD. My doctor was impressed that I was using hot water and epsom salt. For those who have this issue, it's almost like a pimple, the pore becomes clogged and fills with air and/or puss. Soaking it in hot water can help as well as pressing a wash cloth that's been doused in hot water onto the lump. If you feel comfortable enough, it's best to pop it, and make sure you have something to clean the puss off. Maybe bust it against toilet paper or something. Sterilize it so it won't get affected (witch hazel, neosporin, hydrogen peroxide). If the puss gets out everywhere it may clog up another pore and you'll run into the same issue. There's nothing wrong with you, it happens, and there's probably a chance it'll come back. I was able to pop mine today but it took a bit of pressure but eventually I heard a small pop and it felt more like air was coming out (sorry for the icky details) but this is what you should do. I got tested for gonnareha as a procedure because of it but it was just a cyst filled with puss and air. Wanted to find this site one more time to inform everyone, if you have this, this is what you should do and this is what it is.
Hey guys,

I had a small white lump, about half the size of a pea, on the right side of my clitoris. I was of course worried - it seemed to join my clitoris and the hood together. It was white, painless, and I only noticed it by chance. Went to see the doc about it, and she said it looked like a cyst/ polyp, but she didn't know and told me just to leave it and come back in a month.

I went back, by which time it had decreased in size to the size of about a sesame seed - still no pain/ discomfort though. The doc again had no idea, and said maybe a wart. I was pretty unsure of that, as I had shrunk rather than grown and didn't look like a wart, so I went to m local GUM Clinic and saw a consultant.

They gave me a full sexual health screen (standard - all fine) and the consultant took one look at it and said that's a swollen gland. She was annoyed at my GP for having suggested wart when the symptoms didn't match, and also I think for not recognising a swollen gland in the first place. She said to go back to the GP and ask for antibiotics if it hasn't gone down in a month. My personal theory is t resulted from vibrator use with my partner, but I'm not a doctor- that's purely my gut feeling because of where it is and when it appeared.

I as worried as hell, like a lot of you, and spent ages searching the net for an answer, but I just kept getting more and more panicked, and didn't find the rig answer. The best thing to do, whatever your age, is to go to our GP if you're worried. Better yet, your local GUM clinic, who can see you anonymously. Don't be nervous or embarrassed - they have seen it all before and are no phased by the sight of a vagina!

Good luck all - even if you're young, just get your *** to the doctor. They care much more about you being healthy than about embarassing body bits or telling your parents!
i have the exact same thing as you had, how did you get rid of it??
or does it just go away because i've had it for a few months now :/ i need some help!!!!
i have the same lump on my right side of my clit and the doctor keeps giving my antibiotics and they are not working, at the moment mine is the size of a bottle lid and i am really scared. ive not been able to sleep properly and everytime i wipe and walk and move it hurts like crazy
i have a very painful lump right near the clitoris, i have a bladder leak problem and wear pads all the time, i think the pads at time due to my sitting or whatever get kinda jammed up in there . this hurts like hell any suggestions
You were very informative and knowledgeable, I am sure that your post helped a lot of people including me. Just wanted to thank you for your time and your post.
Pease and love to you
I had sex about 10 days ago.

A few days later I was masterbating. I have semi long nails which I thought had been the cause of the sore left at the top of my clitoral hood. Soon after I felt a small bead at the top left side of my clitoris. It was pretty itchy so I kept scratching (thinking that as I seldom wear underwear I had just caught some bacteria down there leading to the itchiness) I scratched but it became more and more itchy and sores began forming all around my labia minora. Both sides of my groin started to be sore as well as the inside of my vagina. I dont know what is going on but I am scared that it is genital herpes.

There are so many factors that it could be. I was just in Haiti (water could be the cause) I use my hands to wipe my pee (hardly ever use toilet paper), and I masturbate a lot.

Please help me understand what this could be.
Did you go to your doctor or find out what this was? Any time any little thing comes up (like soreness/itchiness etc) I always jump to the worst conclusion like herpes, but usually it's a pretty minor thing. If you used a condom you should be ok.
I have a small lump just above my clitoris, it's not sore (thank god) but going to my GP in a couple days to find out. Anyone else have a lump that's not sore?
not yet
***@****
Hello, What I seem to think all the bumps are is due to the clitoris not being circumcised like how a male is cut of the foreskin. Women have prepuce which is the skin covering the clitoris and if this skin was removed none of us would have a problem with keeping ourselves clean which none of us would have a build-up of white cream under the clitoris or on the side of our clitoris. I have had a problem with my clitoris being inflamed,  hurting to try to pull  back the skin to clean what is called smegma which is dead skin cells, sweat, and the smegma builds up to where adhesions form then the clitoris hood will not move back & forth to clean the area. Hurts really bad.
Thank you for your comment. You have put myself and I am sure numerous other patients minds at rest ( until that all important doctors appointment) I have my gynae appointment tomorrow and I have been worrying out of my mind as I have had high grade pre cancerous cells in the past. However my symptoms are exactly the same as yours so I'll keep everything crossed it will be nothing more.

Thanks again for your detailed comment xxx
I have also got this pea sized lump in the same place. I have tried popping it but I have just made it red and sore. The area is a little bit swollen and isn't very nice to touch. I've read somewhere that soaking in a hot bath is good but I don't know. Could anyone help please?
I'm 14 and I have a bump/blister thing near my clit!!  On my left labia. It sorta hurts like a pinching feeling. I've had it for a few weeks now and I don't know if it's getting bigger I think it is. Also it has like A white bump on it I hope it's just an ingrown hair! Please help and give me advice to make it go away . Thx
i have a pea size lump also i am scared cannot be intimate with my partner because its so close to the clitoris it cannot even be touched it wont pop it only swells come and goes but idk its been over 2 weeks now and nothing but i also have 2 bartholyns cysts one on each side and one was drained surgically and te other hasnt really progressed but it has to be drained as well GYNs are very booked and emergency rooms will not perform procedure this is painful and some may experience different symptoms but this is very discomforting for me and idk what to do i ahve tried everything but today i noticed it grew a bit more i did press it messed with it because it literally sticks a bit out its to my upper left hand corner and so hoping to read a helpful answer. thanks again...
Girl you need to mess with it and pop it and put a baby wipe on it, it calms it down
I myself have run into the same situation. There isn't much to worry about to be honest. When I had gotten checked the doctor had said that it was a simple cyst in which the sebaceous gland had become in flamed. She prescribed some antibiotics and put me on them for a few days and said to sit in a luke warm bath and soak then to gently massage it so it could pop on its own. If the antibiotics didn't work or the cyst began to grow more so after the certain amount of days then there would have to be a small surgery to rid of the fluid/puss. Lucky mine did happen to pop on its own after the bath.
I had the same thing I put witch hazel on it everyday for a couple hours and washed with warm water it eventually popped on its own kinda I squeezed it my self it was DISGUSTING ALOT OF BLOOD AND LIKE GREENISH LOOKIN PUS AND SMELLED GROSS I COULDNT BELIEVE IT I was so scared I had a STD I got checked everything negavtive it lasted about two whole weeks
I have like a small pimple looking thing on my clitoris and it doesn't hurt and I also have one smaller one on my labia minora but they don't hurt and it also doesn't itch,it's been there for about 5days now and I am in a new city where I don't have a doctor yet.what can I do
I had the same issue which turned out to be an bartholin gland cyst. They appear when you ducts are clogged. They usually go away on their own. Please do not try to pop it, i made the mistake of bothering it and it turned into an abscess the size of a golf ball and i had to have it cut and drained