Lump near clitoris

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Lump near clitoris

I have a small pea sized or smaller, lump right to the top right of my clitoris, I had another one to the top left a month or two back but it went away when my period ended. It is not painful, and has no strange color, there is no discharge and it does not get larger. It feels solid. Ever heard of this? Should I be frightened?
sounds like a cyst, they can form before your period (like the ones on your face).
I have had something maybe like what you have a couple of times in the past.  Mine was like a hard knot right to the right or left of my clitoris and over a couple of days got sore.  The first time I ever had it, it freaked me out.  I got a mirror and was trying to figure out what it was and even had my husband to see if he could tell anything about it.  After a couple of days I noticed it had gotten a bit bigger and sorer when I would wipe.  I decided to squeeze it, even though it was sore and guess what, it was like a pimple popping, white stuff came out and then a bit of blood, just like a pimple would be. (sorry, gross, I know).  Afterwards it was a little sore like the squeezing had maybe bruised it a bit, but then went away.  Ever so often over the past couple of years I will get one and after a couple of days it will be where I can pop it and it will go away.  I don't know what it could be from because I am a VERY clean person who loves baths sometimes twice a day, I don't have pimples elsewhere on my body (I'm 34) and I'm not overweight to think maybe the heat or rubbing might cause it, so......I don't know. Anyway, if this is anything like you have, maybe this will help.....if not, Sorry.  I wish you the best!
I was reading your post and I have a question for you. I have the same thing as you did/do. Did you ever go to the doctor for it?
I get these too sometimes.  Most likely it's a sebaceous cyst, and despite being somewhat painful, they aren't really a big deal.  Lancing them can be disgusting, though it's my preferred method of dealing with them as well - just make sure to keep it clean.

Another method that was suggested to me by my Gyn was to apply something warm to the spot for fifteen minutes a day, as this encourages your body to re-absorb the cyst without needing to tamper with it.
I have a bump on clit, painful.
Hurts when wipe.
Been there for 3 days.
What could it be.  Should I try and bust it.
It is right on the clitoris.
I just got one of these and i am freaking out. I hope it goes away soon. I have never had sex.
i have a bump right next to my clit as well. However mines white and doesn't hurt at all. I had one before and i picked at it and i ripped it off and it was gone for almost two months and just came back. I'm not sure what it is though.
I have a white spot on my clitoris.  It hurts when I do anything.  I dont know what it could be...it looks like a pimple!!  I am so worried.  I think I am going to just do the warm water thing and let it go away by itself.
Get that checked out, especially if it came back again.
i have just discoverd the same thing to what you had just i think mine feels soft and does feel sore also my lips fell itchy aswell but i am going to my doctor to get it checked it does not have a head on it like a spot and when i told my mum about it she said it may be a boil but im still going to my doctor any way i am 16 and this did scare me wen i discoverd it at 2 o clock this morning.  i hope things go well for you if they haven't already
This could be a cyst but it could also be an inflammed gland. I would suggest seeing your doctor. Eitherway it should subside on its own. But just to make sure it nothing more serious you should make an appointment.
I also have a pea sized spot near my clit. Went to the docs. She said to have lots of very hot baths. Tried this for a week along with the cream she gave me but it didn't go away. Went back and she gave me oral antibiotics but it still hasn't gone! Realy worried it might be cancer but doc didn't suggest this. She did say it might need lancing. OHHH! don't fancy that! Has anyone had this done? Will have to go back to doc soon.
Help.
i have it 2 and it hurts my boyfriend and i want 2 hav sex but im scared that it wil hurt 2 bad..has any1 found out wat it is? im kinda worried i tried 2 squeeze it like DarlinDarla said but it hurt more..
any adice would be lovely please
x
Aloe Vera plant, its natural and u can break it apart and rub the fluid from the plant on any part of your body and it will help..such as i had a lump on my right labia....bout the size of a quarter ....used aloe for a week and it has shrunk signifigantly. It also helps with rashes, pimples and sunburn!! Hope it helps a bit...otherwise i suggest goin to a doctor!
well im really scared my vagina is very sensitive and i get alot of hair bumps if i dont shave but i have never had a bump like this b4 the bumb is like in my clit to the right of it it doesnt have a head but it itches and its tende im scared because im young and it hasnt gone away for like 5 days but the doctor doesnt have an oppointment for 3 weeks and the emergency room said if it doesnt burn or discharge its not an emergency what should i do im really scared
hi ive been experiencing the same thing.its been there for 3 days,hurts like hell..tried warm compress yesterday but it hurts a lot more...pls reply
I have a white spot on the right side of my clitoris and I thought maybe it could be from masturbating at a certain angle and has formed a callous not quite sure, doesn't hurt and isn't the size of a pea more like a sesame seed. Yep, anyone consider that? or just me?
I noticed a pea sized itchy sore lump just to the upper right of my clitoris last night so went straight to the GU clinic today. The first Dr wasn't too sure so called in the consultant who said it he was pretty sure it was an infected gland. I've been so worried about it, and even after two GU Drs looked at it am still a little worried. Been prescribed anti-biotics so fingers crossed it clears soon.
I also have just found a lump under the skin on the left flap of my clitoris, it does not hurt and is not itchy, it is a about pea sized and mobile. I was wondering if anyoine had some suggestions.
The same with me i had mine for a week, and i noticed today its got bigger. Im really really worried, but my doctors is booked up and to scared totell mum, idont no if we have a gum clinic near me. I havent had sex, but had foreplay, i'm panicking that it could be something to to with this, i am only young (17) and paranoid as i have had family members with cancer, etc. PLease help, what u think i should do?
from the website below
info on bartholins cyst

Most women don't even know they have a bartholin's gland. It is a tiny gland inside each of the labia near the opening of the vagina, one gland on each side. They produce fluid that lubricates the vagina. There are tiny ducts in the gland and if those get 'clogged' up by skin cells or secretions, it can form a cyst - (a fluid filled sac). The cyst can grow from the size of a dime to larger than a golf ball. They can be tender and very painful when they are infected. Sometimes they aren’t painful at all and you just wake up one morning with a swelling on one side of your vagina, don't panic, there is help.

What caused this annonying cyst? Sometimes they are caused by an infection in the Bartholin’s gland, but not always. The painful ones tend to be infected. Usually the infection is from the normal bacteria that are found on your skin and in your vagina. Virgins get these annoying cysts too, it doesn't only happen to females that are sexually active, so don't be afraid to tell your parent that you need to see a gynecologist.

How do I know if I have one?

You'll know if you have one. It isn’t very subtle. There will be a round tender 'lump' in one of the vaginal lips, near the opening of the vagina, use a mirror and you will see it. Cysts that get infected can become very painful. Go to a gynecologist or your health care provider and let that person determine if it is infected.

Treatment:

The treatment really depends on several things; the size of the cyst, how painful it is, if it is infected and how your health care provider chooses to treat them. A culture of the fluid in the cyst is usually taken to determine what organism is causing the infection, if indeed it is infected. Some cysts are just treated with oral antibiotics.

Your gynecologist might decide to put a 'drain' into the cyst, The drain (like a thick string) stays in place for about 2 to 4 weeks. This allows the fluid to drain and causes a small opening to form inside the lip of your vagina. The drain is removed after that 2 - 4 week period. (Not a painful removal at all, not for me anyway). The opening will heal by itself, it will not be a noticeable opening.

If you have had a cyst that keeps coming back or if it is very large, usually larger than a grape, your gynecologist may decide to do a different procedure, especially if you have had it drained already. An incision is made in the cyst to drain the fluid that has built up inside. (I have had it done, it is fairly painful, but Tylenol helps and it is worth getting rid of the darn thing)! This, however, is no guarantee that it will never come back OR you can get another one. If it does come back It can be treated again. (The procedure is called marsupialization, from the word that means to make a pouch). Antibiotics may be given to you at this time also.

Sometimes an oral antibiotics is all that is needed to treat a cyst, especially if you catch it early. Remember, it is not necessarily caused from an STD, not most of the time. Let your health care provider know if it does reoccur, don't wait for it to become too large again.

Prevention

You really can't actively prevent them, if you know of a way, let me know. I found that the pressure on that area of my body from riding my bicycle caused my cyst to flare-up. It seems to be more of a case of bad luck than anything else, ask your GYN, that is probably what they will say also. Many women never get one at all. If you do get one (or one on each side), it does tend to come out when you are stressed or 'run down'. If you think you have a Bartholin's gland cyst, call your health care provider right away so you can get early and effective treatment.

http://www.essortment.com/articles/bartholins_cyst_100019.htm

ps. I myself have the gland infected pretty regularly, every few months. since it appeared and got worse after moving from italy to england and moving around the world where you do not have bidet (those weird little sinks made for intimate hygiene]) i have guessed it is a matter of hygiene. people say, oh but i bath regularly and am clean, and i don't have much sex. While i do agree it is probably a ,atter of bad luck, i knwo from my experience that hygiene influences it enormously, since i went from a normal italian regime of using bidets to a sloppy "gonna shower everyday" one. and i think it is misinformation on what hygiene really consists of. bathing in your own water is not it. nor is it showering once a day, that while excessive and damaging for the rest of the body and skin, is inadequate for the intimate parts. also try to use a different pH soap for the genitals.
this kinda works for me, just giving my 2 cents. hurray to diversity.
love
I'm 16 and i've had two sexual partners,i've been in a relationship with the same person for the last year 1/2... i recently saw a white "bump" in my clitoris..its been there for a couple of weeks, it hurt only when i touched it, there was no redness or itchiness, just a white pimple like "bump" ...i took a shower, then after i wet a cloth with hot water and placed it on the "bump" ... it fell right off. TRY THIS, hopefully it will work for you guys too! Although the bump wasn't very big like some of these other stories.. maybe it will work anywayy
I have had this hard lump on the right vagina lip. It is reddish, does not move, does not hurt unless I apply pressure. I have had this lump for like three months. Should I be alarmed. How do I get rid of it.
I have it too! I had sex with my boyfriend last night and this morning felt a little sore down there... normal right?... then later today i went pee &i notice the "BUMP" near the left side of my clitoris and its about pea sized.. and kinda hard like somethins in there! Its sensitive but doesnt hurt too bad.. im not sure what to do! I dont want to squeeze it because it doesnt look like theres a head, unlinke a pimple. I should be starting my period in a few days so im hoping that has something to do with it??? Hopefully it goes away im gunna try the warm water thing. I;m nervous! ive never had an std or anything like this "bump" before :/ !
I had a similar issue. It did not look like a pimple but just a swollen pea-sized knot near the clitoris. It appeared suddenly and was pretty inflamed and sore. I went to my gyno and she explained that there is a gland there that it easily infected by bacteria which clogs the glad, thus the knot. It is important that you go see a doctor and get on a bacteria antibiotic (ie: cephalexin) because it can worsen. Also, take 5-10 minute sitz baths (warm baths with epsom salt) or use a hot compression to ease discomfort. Hope this helps!
can anyone help me out by calming my stress levels.
I have found what i think to be a lump or bump on the right side near my clitorus. It hurts and seems to be bout 1cm in lenght and this i think has grown in a day or 2. It doesnt seem to be spot like, as there doesnt seem to be a head to it. Its not round like a spot, it seems more tube like in shape. It hurts when touched or when i wipe. Im hoping its down to that i havent seen a period for nearly 2 months. I know that im not pregnant as i have taken 3 tests over the 2 month period.
Im 26 and have been with the same partner for 9 years.

please help if u can
thanks.x
I have a lump to the left of my clitoris, but it's not itchy and doesn't and it's not a different colour. I have had it for over 6months and I went to the gyn and he said it could either be a skin tag or 'just part of me'. He said not to worry and keep an eye on it.
It hasn't got any bigger but I have noticed a small lump on the other side now, so now I'm not so sure...
I discovered one a few day ago, at first it was just sore and itchy and then I found a lip on the labia, on the left side just below my clitoris, at first it didn't hurt but now it does when I tough it, it's probably just smaller than a pea, and my boyfriend says it's not a different colour. I am worried a bit about it, he thinks it's just a spot, but I don't know what to do, should I go to the clinic or doctor to have it checked.
I have the same white bump on the right side of my clitoris that some of you guys have mentioned.  Im really scared that it can be an STD and i even blammed someone for infecting me!  that was wrong but i just freaked out.  But its white and a little bigger than the head of a pin and it doesnt hurt at all unless you try to pop it.  I have tried popping it but it just hurts and it wont pop.  Is this an STD or just something small?  Im only 17 so im trying to avoid the doctor and my parents if i can.
every now and then I get these little pinsized white bumps on my labia. I asked my doctor and she called them keratinic(spell?) cysts. They are painless unless you try to pop them then they hurt. They can become infected and pop and a curdlike white stuff sweezes out. It is NOT an STD...don't worry.... whenever I get them..this is bad...but I purposely irriate them so I can pop them. They always come back thought eventually. This is very common.
i'm 15, never had sexBuccal smear
Causes of sexual dysfunction
Child abuse - sexual
Delayed ejaculation
Erection problems
Female sexual dysfunction
Inhibited sexual desire
Orgasmic dysfunction
Puberty and adolescence
Rape
Safe sex , ever. and i found a lumpLumps in the breasts at my clitoris when taking a bath. i didnt know wht it was and i was freaked out. it was slightly tender (hurt abit when touched) and was incredibly easy to come out. i only gave it a little squeeze. it was reddish brown in colour, kinda like a kidney bean but about 0.6cm in size. it was hard but could be squashed easily. my menstrual cycle is very irregular, and somtimes abit of blood comes out at wierd timings. also, the extra bits of skin at my vagina are a darker colour and seems abit inflamed! i dont know what to do! please help! D:
i am 17 never had sex or anything,
have had small painful bump once before in my vagina area on once on my clitoris (owww), i am very clean and healthy- My doctor said that it is a small cyst and like a pimple, not to worry- a bit painful but nothing super bad! I was afraid to tell my mom, too. DON'T WORRY, though it hurts you can probably (eventually) squeeze it (ouch) or try a hot/warm wet towel or washcloth for like, half an hour once a day to try and get it to go away (this works sometimes and is less painful).

I hope this helps you.
ok i have something really similar. i'm 16 and i've never had sex. EVER. so im in the bathroom right and i found this bump a bit bigger than a pea (probably the size of a tylenol capsule) on the right side of my clitoris. it has no weird color, it doesnt hurt that much just kinda and it feels solid. the weird thing is that it wasnt their earlier. im a bit freaked out... im not sure what it is. i looked up the symptoms for a cyst and thats DEFINITELY not it. my mom thinks its a swollen/infected gland. anyone have any other ideas on what i should do for it?
I have like a few in the same area. They start out white and I will pop them and then they just turn red. They never hurt, they never bother me, but I hate that they're there because they make me feel nasty. I haven't gone to see a doctor yet either. I have had them for months now too. It's like they're apart of my skin, like, its extra skin ? I guess we both have some type of weird cyst..
i have a small little ball thing too... its very small but it is totally freaking me out!!! it feels like it is almost inside  the skin... i have no idea how long i have had it because it doesnt hurt. it feels like a really small beebee...
i have the same thing. little tiny white bump about the size of a sesame seed to the right of my clitoris...it's been there for awhile....i noticed it in november but it could have been there before...doesn't hurt or anything unless i try to pop it. i want it gone!
i have one to the left of my clitoris ; it's small in size and painful when bumped. i'm not sure what it is and i've had one or two in the past. usually the go away but those were before i started having my period. now because of the latest bump, i believe it's caused me to miss two periods in a row. any suggestions??
I have the exact same problem. It's not cool at all. I've had it for a long time and tried to just forget about it until my boyfriend pointed it out bugging because he thought I had an STD. I have not gone to the doctor, i guess I'll try to soon.. if you find anything out though let me know. Please
I'm 14 and I have something familiar.... I haven't told my mom yet bc if its nothing then I don't wanna tell her... the difference is that mine hurts... a lot!! But only when I touch it..... and I'm again only 14 so I kinda don't want ne one else down there.... wat should I do????? I'm scared
Nvm tlked to my mom finally and goin to the doc......... freakiest thing I could have ent thought of doing:.........!!!!!!!
I have read every post here with great interest; I have been searching the web about this for awhile now, with no luck, so I'm glad that I found it.  I'm 37, and I have in the past had the reddish pea size lumps that when squeezed, will pop and ooze puss.  However, what I have now is a little different than what I've read here.  Now I have a lump, maybe half a pea size to the left of my clitoris.  The lump isn't actually bulging from the skin, but under it..I can roll it around between my fingers.  I don't do this though, because it hurts dreadfully.  This one feels like it has a splinter in it, and is painful to touch and to pressure or friction.  Has been here about 3 weeks now.  Had a complete hysterectomy 9 years ago, married faithfully a lot longer, and no STD's.  Any advice, or familiar to anyone?
Forgot to mention another issue (related?) I have experienced menstrual like bleeding lately after masturbation, and sex, and have no idea why.  As I mentioned in post above, I have had a complete hysterectomy.  Thanks for any help!
Bartholin cysts....check it out ,i believe i have had 2 this week! with the onset of my period..never had this b4 im 34..
I get this nickel-sized solid lump on the side of my clitoris every now and then. It's never been painful until recently. I want to pop it so bad to see if it will drain and subside. My ob/gyn advised me not to pop it because this could increase infection. She did put me on antibiotics but it keeps coming back from time to time. I'm going to get to a specialist and have it checked further. Maybe some pure tea tree oil mixed with olive oil equal parts, will provide some relief. I will try this along with warm compress on the area until I can get to a specialist.  
Just want to leave a quick comment that we are discussing two very different things here. Some people are suggesting something called 'Bartholin's Cysts,' but those types of cysts only form nearer to the vaginal opening.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the people commenting here are talking about something that's showing up near their clitoris. Pretty sure it's a gland or lymph node issue.

two day"s ago in the afternoon, i found a hard bump right above my clitoris. It freaked me out. I have no clue why i would get suck a thing. I'm also having problems with my belly buttom ring. It's has been irritating me, and it know has bus coming out. The hard bump is swollen and red and hurts when i bump it or touch it. I maid an appoinment and i hope i could get in sooner. I hope everyone takes care of there's and it goes away forever. I'm also going to try the hot rag thing. Thanks
i have exactly the same 2 problems that you've mentioned. i really don't know what to do, about a month ago i had some itching down threre, and kind of a cottage like discharge, i searched on the interent and they were symptoms of  yeast infection. But in  a week or so, without any kind of treatment it cleaned up. (thank god) I think it's because i got my period and maybe that helped? But after that I have some bleeding (very small amount) after sexual intercourse/masturbation. And now today I found this little white lump, which looks like a pimple but doesn't hurt or pop. I'm completely freaking out, what's going on with me? In this month I'm having some major ''down-there'' issues. Can anyone help?
I am sexualy active & 18. I don't always use protection. Coul this be a problem?
Thank you so much this is the answer Ive been searching the web for and exactly what I had and what I (so gross too) did. I really appreciate. I feel much more relaxed now :]
three days ago I noticed I had a bump next to my clitoris, I freaked out because I had no idea what it could be so. I left it alone then I noticed it started to get bigger so today I applied a warm cloth to it then checked it out in the mirror and noticed I had popped and I squeezed out this thick white stuff and a little blood came out (yes I know very gross) now I feel better that it has gone done I just hope I don't ever get it again
Hello, I am 17 and not sexually active, and a virgin. I have a lump that feels like it's under the skin near my clitoris. It is not painful though it smarted a little when I tried to pop it. It is slightly swollen and a little red and the size of a pea. I notice some people here have similar 'down there' problems a while back, looking at the dates of the comments, and I was wondering whether it went away or...? Also, I don't particularly want to go to the doctors or tell my parents just yet so wondering if this one definitely pops by natural causes?

I know it's not an STD and is probably an inflamed gland or something but it is a little frightening and embarassing. Please comment, I'll check this site!! :)
I had the same thing its a lump right on top of my clot and it was a little sore when I first felt it. It got larger by the day I went to the ER n they said it was a cyst.  They just told me to put warm cloths on it. So I did and with in a couple of days it popped on its own didn't hurt at all. After a couple of days it went away. I just recently got it again its so painful I'm just waiting for it to pop so I could actually wipe with it not hurting does anybody know why these things happen?????
I have the something went to the restroom... it was sore.... noticed two different ones on the lips... went to sleep now today seems like its swollen ..(ateast thats what my partner says).. took two hot baths today .. I have about 5 of them on the lips and one right to the right of my clit out no where...no black head nothing just lil balls under the skin...Wats happening???
I have the same thing, a bump underneath the folds of skin to the left of my clitoris, annoying  to the touch and not inclined to burst tho I could probably get it with a sterilized needle. (OW!)  I found this below from a doctor responding to a woman who said she had one of these that got worse with clitoral stimulation - I don't think clitoral stimulation has anything to do with getting one, but it could irritate it or make you notice it.  It's basically all about glands near the clit.

"It is really hard to identify a problem of the genitalia without inspection of the external genitals (vulva). Rubbing the clitoris area stimulates the surrounding glands (major vestibular glands, minor vestibular glands and paraurethral glands). The paraurethral glands (there are 2 of them) are located near the clitoris. If the excretory duct of one of the paraurethral glands is obstructed, the secretion can't be released during stimulation and painful swelling on one side of the vulva can occur. It doesn’t seem to be infection but it can get infected in time. You can visit your gynecologist for an examination."
I found this small like pimple to the left of  my clit and I'm kinda scared that its an std. is pea shaped, it doesn't hurt and it doesn't itch, it's just there. I'm 16 and I've only had one partner who's clean. Can anyone help me please?
I have 3 right now they are swollen not white and very itchy idk wat to do:(
I have the same problem. I have a huge lump on my right labia and it is VERY painful. I am not sure what to do at this point. I've had one years ago in the same spot and under my right armpit. I went to the emergency room and they called the one under my arm hair folliculitis.

Now, I am headed back to the emergency room tonight to find out what this is and see if they can put me under local anesthesia to get rid of it. I can not go to school like this. I will keep you ladies posted on what they say about it.

i have a simliar thing bt my bump is closer to my peehole and clit it poped kinda on its own and bleed i cleaned it bt its still there i havent been sexualy active in a couple years bt i want to have sex this week bt im scared of this bump do you guys think its okay to have sex?? i know it cant be an std of anysort
I’m have been Married for 6 year and mother of 2...  I never had sex until i meet my husband. About 4 years ago after i had my daughter i started to get a bump or to on above or on My Clitoris and at the crease or my thighs and Vagina wall... I went to they cause irritation and little pain when touch. My gynecologist said it was just Boils from head not having proper AIR circulation... Doc told me to wash it daily use, triple antibiotic ointment and Wear 100% cotton under for a while they eventually disappear within days...  i get them every so often even though I  know what they  are and i still freak out. I start thinking what the hell how did this happen and start looking Worst-case scenario up … thus why i found this page.. But then I remember what they are and what to do.. .  but I would recommend you get it check out if none of these ideas help... Virgin or not you can still get some of that Worst-case scenario ...  Good luck to youall..
i keep getting these bumps on my vigina (vagina) during summers and after few weeks itdissapears.its very painfull. but yesterday while havin sex with my Bf i felt a pain near my clit and in few minuts i found a big bump type just next to my clict which was very painfull.next day morning i saw it in the mirror the bump is gone but there is a dark line formed next to my clit which is paining when touched.it lools more of a blood cloctt or a nerve crammp.i am confused can anyone help me telling what it is???i am scared to visit a doctor.
I have a marble or pea sized lump next to the right side of my clit its like a bubble .I can move it around a little bit I have had it for three days now I did used a hot towel for 15 min on it last night it didn't seem to do anything its a little sore like a bruise when I wipe or my pants rub on it I'm not sure what it is ....I haven't had sex in about a month it just showed up over night about a day or so after my period
So,clearly, most in this thread are talking about TWO DIFFERENT things. Some are experiencing what seems to be explained by issues of swelling at the Bartholin glands that are nearer the vaginal opening than the clitoris.

Others (like me) are tryng to find information about small, mobile, lumps, under the skin in very close proximity to the clitoris or clitoral hood. I'm reading a lot of questions about this concern, but nothing that seems to be any sort of answer. Mine isn't really painful, but it does concern me, as does the fact that so many women seem to be experiencing this and none of us have an explanation (!?)
on the left lip near the back there is just a bump and it's under the skin, it hurts to walk and to sit and I am only 13, I have never had sexual contact and it's freaking me out... anybody have the same?
I have a pea sized sortof thing under the skin on the inner left of the lip. a couple cm away there is a hole that looks like it was torn, it's no regular hole trust me, and it stings so much after i pee that I can't walk or sit. it has gotten much worse over the days and I am not sure if it will just go away or something I really need to be concerned about.... however it is freaking me out, any similar situations? and if so how did u get rid of it?
ok I have not touched the cyst for a few days... and now it doesn't hurt as much... will this just go away if I leave it alone or do I need to like have baths and make it burst? yuck
I am 44 and i have had a few of those in my life. You can get them anywhere down there. Our privates dont get alot of air. Even if you are clean. Ouf V produces a natural  white oil like supstance.  We also have small pores that get clogged with soap and tissue. Like a pimple. Not picking it can make it infected an unsanitary. Hot water after usage always keep it clean. It will go away an not scar or get infected.
I am 44 and i have had a few of those in my life. You can get them anywhere down there. Our privates dont get alot of air. Even if you are clean. Ouf V produces a natural  white oil like supstance.  We also have small pores that get clogged with soap and tissue. Like a pimple. Not picking it can make it infected an unsanitary. Hot water after usage always keep it clean. It will go away an not scar or get infected. Also vaginal cream or monistat even witch hazel are helpful. And keeping under the hood of clitorous with a qtip helps keep things clean
I jst got one n I'm freekin out..I dk wat is it..it looks like a little ball n I actually took a pix of it to c it clearly n its a bump in the left side of my clit...I dk I'm freekin out..is this normal?? Has someone bein to the doctor yet bcuz of this??
I had a small bump appear in the same spot as the original poster.  The bump started out the same size (about the size of a pea) but became inflamed over the next couple days.  
I believe there were a few factors in play.  The day it first appeared I was wearing tight underwear and tight pants and I had shaved my entire... downstairs... as usual.  I also took a three hour road trip in a car with very bad shocks.  I think this is why the bump first showed up.  It did not help that I drank a 375mL bottle of Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey that night.
As with anything lumpy or bumpy in that general vicinity, one tends to get a trifle uncomfortable both physically and psychologically.  However, I'm not one to run for the doctor's office without some figuring and curing of my own (unless it's an emergency or the amount of pain is an indicator of a serious issue).  I read many of the responses here, I also researched alternative medicine websites.
Here's what I'm doing to shrink my bump (with great success, I might add).  First, drink plenty of water.  Second, avoid alcohol and cigarettes.   Third, avoid sugar and caffeine if at all possible.  Fourth, get LOTS of rest and/or sleep.  Fifth, go to your local coop or health food store and buy a bottle of apple cider vinegar (unfiltered, unpasteurized.  That clear **** has been processed to the point it has no nutritional or healing benefits whatsoever.) a box of organic chamomile tea bags, zinc pills and a jar of organic REAL honey.  (Again, most honey on the shelf doesn't even contain pollen and will not do you any good.)
Take the zinc as directed on the bottle.
For four days in a row I moistened a chamomile tea bag with warm water and applied it directly to the bump.  I put a paper towel on the other side so I wouldn't get a glaring wet spot on the front of my britches and I used a tight pair of underwear and pantyliner to keep the tea bag in place.  I wore it all day, occasionally moistening it and flipping it over.  (Make sure you remove the string and tag and also be sure the small staple at the top is not in contact with your skin.)
I also drank a full shot of apple cider vinegar every morning (AFTER breakfast.  The first day I took a shot without eating breakfast and I hurled an hour later.) and every night.  Some people don't like the taste of ACV but I don't mind it a bit.  If it's too much for you, dilute it with water, add honey and heat it up.
I'm not claiming this will cure everyone's bumps (as I'm sure they're not all caused by the same thing) but I am saying it might worth a try.  It has worked for me and the bump is almost completely gone.  
Good luck to everyone.  
hey there, i just noticed that i have a pea size bump on the right side inside my lip. it doesn't hurt, and i could never feel it before, but now that i know it is there i can feel it like when i sit. but it is very hard and doesnt hurt and does not move. have never been to a gyno either. and i am 22
I've had a very small white spot right on my clitoris too for about 2 or 3 weeks. It doesn't hurt at all. It's just there and I want to know why. I tried to see if I could pop it but I stopped because that part of the body is already senitive enough as it is. I'm still a virgin so I know I didn't get anything from someone else. But I am 18 and I don't want this white spot to bother me or however I get with when the time comes!

Any thoughts?
Hello People! PLEASE HELP ME!!

I'm 14 and i have this lump on the right side of my vagina.. its not on the inside but JUST on the outside.. it didn't hurt when i first found it.. but now when i touch it it kinda hurts... it ask started off skin colour.. then pink.. and now a very light brown colour.. please help me I'm too scared to go to the Dr... and no I've never had sexual intercorse!!! and I've never shaved... PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!  its my birthday on the 15th.. i don't want to be worried on my birthday....... D"""": PLEASE HELP.......

PLEASE!! THANK YOU!!
I have a bump next to my clit. it really doesn't  look like a bump at all you can't really notice it till you actually touch it. It's very sensitive and hurts even when my pants rub the wrong way I have had it for a week. My boyfriend likes to watch me masterbate and when I rubbed at my clit and every thing when I was done there was blood all over my fingers. I freaked out running to the bathroom and and wiped I am not bleeding from vagina what so ever an my fingers didn't even go near it that much. Now the bump is more red and when I wiped most of the blood was up there. What can the problem be???
one of my friends had the same problem and when she went to the doctors they tested her and said it was herpes. She never even has had sex but the doctor told her she could get it from a toilet seat at a public place.

But I wouldn't worry because it might just be something else. If I was you I would go to the doctors and get it checked out just in case something is wrong.
Tell your mother you need to go to the Gynocoligist. I finally went about mine (2 years later) and the Dr said he is going to do a surgury and remove them when they are larger (usually during my monthly) but it was a HUGE RELIEFE to know it was not cancerous. Wish I would have gone sooner!
Should I visit a dr if I have a cyst over the clitoris, or should I just let it go away by itself?
*help! Freaking out
Couple days ago, i woke up one morning with a little lump/bump on the right side of my clitoris ( on the clitoris). I was terrified because i had no idea what it was and why it was so painful when i touch it. Immediately i began to pour warm water on it while rubbing it but it seem to aggravate it more that it only got bigger. I googled for answers and i came upon this site. A big sigh of relieve! I've read almost all the posts and i've gotten pretty good pointers as well. I prefer holistic treatments when it comes to ailments. I took a leaf of aloe, cut it in half and allowed to soak in water the refrigerator. Twice a day i'd drink a cup of aloe water (mornings and at bedtime) the refill the container containing the water back with water. At bedtime cut pieces of aloe leaf, exact gel and place on the area. Praise be to God because as soon as i started treating myself with aloe the lump started to shrink significantly and would irritate me less in just two day of treatment. Also, i took a warm bath once a day. God-Willing Hopefully this  helps....
I have one right now, it's on the shaft, right under my gland, my doctors don't thinkbits a pimple andbi was just tested for herpes and that was negative. What do I do? Wet warm washcloth 15 minutes a day? How long do they stay? It doesn't hurt at all, I'm just a bit freaked out . Mines 1/4 the size of a pea, and white. What do I do?
What did you personally do about yours? Mine sounds the same as yours. Please, I'm scared.
I developed one two days ago & it was extremely painful. It was a hard little knot right beside my clitoris. I tried the warm cloth & it didn't work for me. I was so uncomfortable! I couldn't even sleep normally. I read the posts on here & kept coming across the advice of aloe. I don't personally own a plant, so I made a trip to walmart & purchased their brand of aloe vera for sunburns (it also has lidocane in it). Put a dab on & felt IMMEDIATE relief (assuming due to the lidocane. About 2 hours later, I went to pee & glanced down to check. It had popped a little & some discharge was around my vaginal lips. I immediately cleaned up w/ gentle soap & water & put a little more aloe vera on the area. It's not as large or hard anymore & no pain. Hopefully it is all gone. I have never had one of these before. I only have 1 sex partner & we've been together for 6 years. I did get a terrible bout of food poisoning 2 days ago & I'm wondering if maybe that's what made my glands react it this way. All I know is the Aloe Vera w/ lidocane worked amazingly & I feel 10x better. Just thought I'd pass along to everyone experiencing this painful bump!
I just had a baby and when my swelling went down I notice a bump inside my clit. It doesn't leak anything or get bigger it's the same color as my skin down there. It doesn't hurt when you touch it. Any ideas what it could be?
hi! i went to the doctor and she said it IS my clit. that if it's under your clit hood as many of you have described and connects to one or both of your beginning of your lips, it's an irritated clit. it can happen during your period, during or before a yeast infection, or just from wearing tight jeans/having a lot of attention to the area. it is very frustrating for me as it is happening now almost every single time i get my period. things that have worked for me - hot cloth on the area, sometimes cold ice on the area too. i've heard salt baths work well so i am about to go out and buy some epson salts and soak for 15 mins. apparently drinking lots of water and eating yogurt regularly can help, as per my doctor. i was on here a few months ago worried sick so i wanted to return and let you guys know that it may be nothing! keep i mind mine does not have a white head at all, just a red bump that hurts to touch and sometimes sends shooting pains. it is your actual clit, just irritated. i hope this eases some people! :)
I just felt mine today and in scared as can be, reading everyone else's posts kind of soothed me out but I don't know if I should go to the doc.

It's on the left small lip near my clitoris, and it's pretty small, kind of like the size of a bb bullet, for the bb gun, but I'm still scared.

Should I buy vagisil or should I just put a hot cloth on it?
Any help I can get I'll be glad to hear.
Thanks!

Thanks!
i got one 3 days ago, barely today I looked it up and I calmed down a little, but still I am freaking out! 3 days ago it was about the size of a bb pellet and today it got bigger! It looks swollen and I'm really scared. I just want it to go away and fast. What helps? If it doesn't go away by friday I will go to the doctors but if there is something I can do at home first I will try that. Why did mine get so big though, I was messing with it 2 days ago and I have a feeling that's what made it swell up. It's on my left side labia next to my clit....??
How did you handle the pain of popping it?? I have a large swollen and hard lump to the right of my clitoris and my fiancee said that it was either a pimple or ingrown hair and that I should pop it, so I tried to tonight and it was soo hard and it hurt so much to try that I gave up. I am considering using a small needle to try to break the skin but I dont know if that is the best idea, but I cannot get it to pop because it is so hard and hurts so much.
I have one too on the top right side of my clit I noticed it because it was itching its painless and the same as the rest of yall I decided to squeezing it and it had a lil bit of white discharge and a little bit of blood sorry for TMI but I really wanna know what it is ...do any of yall know what it could be ?
I have a small size pea near the left side of my clitoris, its not painful , it is hard and it can be irritating when wearing tight clothes as i feels uncomftable, ive had it for few years, ! not sure what it is at this stage, but reading the comments on here seems a tiny bit relieving. Has anyone been and checked and got any results from it, i would love to hear from anyone :)
I have a similar issue. Mine's white, to the right of my clitoris, and is very painful. I'm 14 and a virgin, so it's definitely not an STD or anything. I've read that others have had something like this and they pop it, but it really hurts to even touch. I'm a VERY paranoid person and I worried it might be cancer.. Help? :/
I just experienced the worst pain ever from something I cannot explain. From what I can gather, I developed an abscess under/inside my clitoral hood - it looked like a round red growth/pimple of sorts but without a head. Pulling back my clitoral hood you could see the red bump and it hurt SO BAD. I could feel it getting bigger just by touching the outside of my vagina. I could not sleep on my side. I felt like my clitoris was so swollen I could barely walk. I was sobbing it hurt so bad. I finally went to the ER. Even the ER people were somewhat unsure - they did not want to drain it and so they swabbed me for every STD even though I am in a monogamous relationship and we use protection. They gave me a shot of antibiotic and put me on two weeks of more antibiotic with diflucan and clotriminazole for yeast infection and anti-inflammatories. Later on after my ER visit I felt my underwear get really wet and I immediately felt relief and the swelling go down. Must be the antibiotic shot weakened the abscess membrane and it drained. I have no idea what I did to have this abscess happen. So, right now I am almost half way through my antibiotics and trying to keep from having a yeast infection. It's still red in my clitoris area and I can't do much except rest and take it easy. I have a doctor's appt. next week but I am just so upset about this. I NEVER want to experience something like this again. I'm afraid it will come back. I hope this helps and I'm glad I have found others who have experienced something like this. If anyone else has experienced one INSIDE of their clitoris can you please respond?
I have my 2nd little bump near my clitoris and the first one didn't pop or respond to ANY pressure. When the first one seamed ultra painful and swelled to almost the size of an acorn, I used petrolium jelly and some mellaluca triple antibacterial ointment. the swelling decreased until it went away.
Now, this one is much closer to my spot and I've been able to enjoy all the pleasures of the area, as long as I clean well and again, place some antibacterial ointment on the bump.

For those of you worried - just talk to a sister, mother, school nurse, or your doctor.
I'm dirt poor right now. However, even if I had the means to go see a doctor, I'm not going to until I feel that it threatens more than my clit. If it becomes uncomfortable to walk, exersize, or do normal house chores, I will infact find the means to have a professional look at it.
I already called  my sister - she has had smaller ones. So she was able to relate to me.
My bump feels like the tissue under the skin are irritated and swollen. The tip closest to my clitoris is more sensitive. This may confirm that it is a cyst on a gland. The mirror thing was weird for me, but I was able to catch a glimps. It isn't too red.
these are all important things to note.
PS... If you are worried - talk to someone.
I hate to tell you but you may have been exposed to HPV. It may have been a wart. Get checked out.
this sounds like me! I had sex with my husband and not to get too gruesome it was a lot of friction on the clitoris.  The next day I had a bump right on top of maybe to the right side of my clitoris.  It doesn't help that I'm a right-y and so when I wipe it just bothers me even more.  I didn't have health insurance at the time so I put some warm compress on it and after a while it got bruised and then went down a bit but stayed there for a few months until I finally got health insurance from my company.  

I went to the Gyno and she squeezed it lightly to see what it was and it surprisingly did not hurt!  She asked if it hurt, I said when I first got it a few months ago yes but now I barely notice it there.  She said it was nothing to worry about.  I think I was in such shock that it didn't hurt when she touched it and more scared of her doing some kind of incision to drain it that I didn't pry some more.  

Come time to yesterday when it became bigger and painful!  I pot a HOT compress on it all night and today I see that it seemed to have drained and went back down as it was before.  I'm still in the dark about what it is but if my doc says it's nothing then it's nothing to be scared about! I hope this helps alleviate some of the worry!
Have you found anything out? I believe I may have exactly what you have described.. please any information would be more than appreciated!
This same tube like lump has hardened a bit. and is terribly uncomfortable.
Hello 2 days ago i woke up and my clit was slightly sore i looked at it in the mirror and there was a pie size red lump there its slightly sore not really but i do feel it. Please hell. I thought it was a pimple...lol... But there is no head on it
I got the samething. It hurt a little bit til I picked at and now it hurts more. Should I not pick at it and wait til it goes away? But should I be worried about it or not?
I have the same thing but mine is underneath the skin and it's like a lump and a knot and I'm only 15 and it hurts I noticed it yesterday I don't know how long it has been there but when I feel on it or push on it it's really painful I don't know you can't pop it I tried but it just made it more painful and worse its very swollen than the other side of my vagina but I'm going to the doctor here soon and I'm scared to knowing what it is:(
fordyce spots- Fordyce spots are tiny raised, pale, red, white or skin colored spots or bumps located on the lips of the face and genitalia of males and females.

These bumps people normally freak out about ( I know I did when I first got em') and mistakenly mistake these for herpes or some type of STD.

They are not really painful but if you try to pop them there most likely will be some pain or irritation like would a pimple.  

Now... I have a red bump on the outside of my vagina it hasn't gotten any bigger as of yet but it's painful and red the size of a pea. The location is on the lower outside of my labia minora  right before or on the taint or runway as my boyfriend like to call it.... It is painful and I am scared!

Has anyone had this problem? IF so please reply.
I have also tried ointments. But doesn't seem to do anything. I have had bumps before but the doctors have always told me it was razor burn, Fordyce bumps, ingrown but this one is different. I don't know if it's because it's in a much more sensitive area or what?!?!
Okay. I'm 20 and not sexually active. I found this site a bit ago looking for helping on this exact same issue. I had a small lump to the left of my clitoris, it was near the hair line so I figured it was a ingrown hair. Over time it got bigger and became white like there was puss in it or something and I knew it wasn't a pimple. It started to become concerning and very discomforting so I brought it up to my mom, it had grown exponentially going beyond the size of a peanut and with it pressing against my clit it was discomforting. Found this site and decided to soak myself in hot water and epsom salt until I went to see the female doctor for my first time. I'm not sexually active and it wasn't an STD. My doctor was impressed that I was using hot water and epsom salt. For those who have this issue, it's almost like a pimple, the pore becomes clogged and fills with air and/or puss. Soaking it in hot water can help as well as pressing a wash cloth that's been doused in hot water onto the lump. If you feel comfortable enough, it's best to pop it, and make sure you have something to clean the puss off. Maybe bust it against toilet paper or something. Sterilize it so it won't get affected (witch hazel, neosporin, hydrogen peroxide). If the puss gets out everywhere it may clog up another pore and you'll run into the same issue. There's nothing wrong with you, it happens, and there's probably a chance it'll come back. I was able to pop mine today but it took a bit of pressure but eventually I heard a small pop and it felt more like air was coming out (sorry for the icky details) but this is what you should do. I got tested for gonnareha as a procedure because of it but it was just a cyst filled with puss and air. Wanted to find this site one more time to inform everyone, if you have this, this is what you should do and this is what it is.
Hey guys,

I had a small white lump, about half the size of a pea, on the right side of my clitoris. I was of course worried - it seemed to join my clitoris and the hood together. It was white, painless, and I only noticed it by chance. Went to see the doc about it, and she said it looked like a cyst/ polyp, but she didn't know and told me just to leave it and come back in a month.

I went back, by which time it had decreased in size to the size of about a sesame seed - still no pain/ discomfort though. The doc again had no idea, and said maybe a wart. I was pretty unsure of that, as I had shrunk rather than grown and didn't look like a wart, so I went to m local GUM Clinic and saw a consultant.

They gave me a full sexual health screen (standard - all fine) and the consultant took one look at it and said that's a swollen gland. She was annoyed at my GP for having suggested wart when the symptoms didn't match, and also I think for not recognising a swollen gland in the first place. She said to go back to the GP and ask for antibiotics if it hasn't gone down in a month. My personal theory is t resulted from vibrator use with my partner, but I'm not a doctor- that's purely my gut feeling because of where it is and when it appeared.

I as worried as hell, like a lot of you, and spent ages searching the net for an answer, but I just kept getting more and more panicked, and didn't find the rig answer. The best thing to do, whatever your age, is to go to our GP if you're worried. Better yet, your local GUM clinic, who can see you anonymously. Don't be nervous or embarrassed - they have seen it all before and are no phased by the sight of a vagina!

Good luck all - even if you're young, just get your *** to the doctor. They care much more about you being healthy than about embarassing body bits or telling your parents!
i have the exact same thing as you had, how did you get rid of it??
or does it just go away because i've had it for a few months now :/ i need some help!!!!
i have the same lump on my right side of my clit and the doctor keeps giving my antibiotics and they are not working, at the moment mine is the size of a bottle lid and i am really scared. ive not been able to sleep properly and everytime i wipe and walk and move it hurts like crazy
i have a very painful lump right near the clitoris, i have a bladder leak problem and wear pads all the time, i think the pads at time due to my sitting or whatever get kinda jammed up in there . this hurts like hell any suggestions
You were very informative and knowledgeable, I am sure that your post helped a lot of people including me. Just wanted to thank you for your time and your post.
Pease and love to you
I had sex about 10 days ago.

A few days later I was masterbating (masturbating). I have semi long nails which I thought had been the cause of the sore left at the top of my clitoral hood. Soon after I felt a small bead at the top left side of my clitoris. It was pretty itchy so I kept scratching (thinking that as I seldom wear underwear I had just caught some bacteria down there leading to the itchiness) I scratched but it became more and more itchy and sores began forming all around my labia minora. Both sides of my groin started to be sore as well as the inside of my vagina. I dont know what is going on but I am scared that it is genital herpes.

There are so many factors that it could be. I was just in Haiti (water could be the cause) I use my hands to wipe my pee (hardly ever use toilet paper), and I masturbate a lot.

Please help me understand what this could be.
Did you go to your doctor or find out what this was? Any time any little thing comes up (like soreness/itchiness etc) I always jump to the worst conclusion like herpes, but usually it's a pretty minor thing. If you used a condom you should be ok.
I have a small lump just above my clitoris, it's not sore (thank god) but going to my GP in a couple days to find out. Anyone else have a lump that's not sore?
not yet
***@****
Hello, What I seem to think all the bumps are is due to the clitoris not being circumcised like how a male is cut of the foreskin. Women have prepuce which is the skin covering the clitoris and if this skin was removed none of us would have a problem with keeping ourselves clean which none of us would have a build-up of white cream under the clitoris or on the side of our clitoris. I have had a problem with my clitoris being inflamed,  hurting to try to pull  back the skin to clean what is called smegma which is dead skin cells, sweat, and the smegma builds up to where adhesions form then the clitoris hood will not move back & forth to clean the area. Hurts really bad.
Thank you for your comment. You have put myself and I am sure numerous other patients minds at rest ( until that all important doctors appointment) I have my gynae appointment tomorrow and I have been worrying out of my mind as I have had high grade pre cancerous cells in the past. However my symptoms are exactly the same as yours so I'll keep everything crossed it will be nothing more.

Thanks again for your detailed comment xxx