WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
Lump near my vagina
by Josie_B, May 29, 2005
Four days ago I found a small lump (half the size of a pea) growing near my vagina, where my public hair is. It feels hard to touch, and there's no pain when I press on it. I'm not in a sexual relationship, and haven't been for a few months. I have no other symptoms, but am terrified this could be a sign of cancer. I realize I'm probably over reacting, but after spending ages browsing the web, this seems to be the only place that I could get an answer. I hope someone can offer me some advice as to what this could be.
Member Comments (15)
by dawniedoodle1, May 29, 2005
May this is an ingrown hair follicle.  If it is sore at all to the touch, it may be inflammed?  
Dawn
by sweetgirl, Jun 07, 2005
I just discovered a small lump right near my vagina by my pubic bone as well.  Mine is actually a little bigger...the size of a small lima bean.  Did you find out what your's may be?  Mine doesn't hurt either and kind of rolls around under my skin.  I just had a baby 6 weeks ago, so I was thinking that it was related to that.
by leojenn, Jun 08, 2005
I found one of those also.  I am terrified of the doctor and if it is not serious, I really don't want to go.  I am not pregnant and don't have any children.  My only guess is that it is some sort of cyst.
by flame_girl160, Nov 16, 2007
I have the same thing too jodie! But the only thing is that i feel pain when i press on it , i'm only 14 so i'm not in a relationship or had sex i'm really worried that i might be cancer this may be wrong but please help
by flame_girl160, Nov 16, 2007
by MilkThistleGenus, Feb 09, 2008
Have you considered it to be a Bartholin gland or abscess?  That's the area they would be found.
by unsure10, Mar 05, 2008
i have that as well and like the other girl, I am 15 years old, never had sex of any sort and I just visited the gyno for the first time yesterday.  I didn't mention it to her becuase I didn't realize it until I got home.  I am getting blood work done next week but for a different reason.  I am kind of scared and I as well have been searching the internet, but found nothing.  If you find anything else, please let me know.
by a_loves_elvis, May 11, 2009
I am 16 years old. I have discoved one of these pea size lumps also. when i grab it between 2 fingers it feels like a small ball. It also has a little irration pain, but nothing drastic. I am scared and embarassed to tell my mom or doctor, but if it serious enough and health damaging i would get over that. Can someone plz tell me what it is.
by lilmizzsami, Jan 23, 2010
ive jst found a lump also and im relli scared im 18 years old and 2 embassed 2 go 2 the docz its pea sized and hard when i grab it this is soo scary i dont no what 2 do