Lump near my vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Lump near my vagina

Four days ago I found a small lump (half the size of a pea) growing near my vagina, where my public hair is. It feels hard to touch, and there's no pain when I press on it. I'm not in a sexual relationship, and haven't been for a few months. I have no other symptoms, but am terrified this could be a sign of cancer. I realize I'm probably over reacting, but after spending ages browsing the web, this seems to be the only place that I could get an answer. I hope someone can offer me some advice as to what this could be.
May this is an ingrown hair follicle.  If it is sore at all to the touch, it may be inflammed?  
Dawn
I just discovered a small lump right near my vagina by my pubic bone as well.  Mine is actually a little bigger...the size of a small lima bean.  Did you find out what your's may be?  Mine doesn't hurt either and kind of rolls around under my skin.  I just had a baby 6 weeks ago, so I was thinking that it was related to that.
I found one of those also.  I am terrified of the doctor and if it is not serious, I really don't want to go.  I am not pregnant and don't have any children.  My only guess is that it is some sort of cyst.
I have the same thing too jodie! But the only thing is that i feel pain when i press on it , i'm only 14 so i'm not in a relationship or had sex i'm really worried that i might be cancer this may be wrong but please help
Have you considered it to be a Bartholin gland or abscess?  That's the area they would be found.
i have that as well and like the other girl, I am 15 years old, never had sex of any sort and I just visited the gyno for the first time yesterday.  I didn't mention it to her becuase I didn't realize it until I got home.  I am getting blood work done next week but for a different reason.  I am kind of scared and I as well have been searching the internet, but found nothing.  If you find anything else, please let me know.
I am 16 years old. I have discoved one of these pea size lumps also. when i grab it between 2 fingers it feels like a small ball. It also has a little irration pain, but nothing drastic. I am scared and embarassed to tell my mom or doctor, but if it serious enough and health damaging i would get over that. Can someone plz tell me what it is.
ive jst found a lump also and im relli scared im 18 years old and 2 embassed 2 go 2 the docz its pea sized and hard when i grab it this is soo scary i dont no what 2 do
I have it to. What did it end up being?
I have the same thing as you. I'm 18...in a sexual relationship...but mine is nearer to my urethra. I have no clue what it could be...a cyst im hoping. im worried it is an std of sorts. i dont know if i should tell my partner or if i shouldnt b/c i dont want to worry them. please let me know if you find out what it is.
I have one as well. I just noticed it last night. I'm 16 and I'm in a sexual relationship. But what makes me scared is I got it right after I had sex. I was my boyfriend's first so I'm not all that worried about it being an std. It doesn't hurt when I touch it or anything and it feels like a small ball under my skin and it's red like the skin is irritated. Has anyone seen the doctor about theirs yet?
I know what you mean, i'm 13.
even MORE embarresing.
I've had myne for like 6 months though so i'm even more scared.
i don't want my dad to have a look at it. which is what my mum would want, because dad does first aid for his work. but this is nothing like anything he would know about but i know thats what mum would want.
I had cancer scare earlier this month. But now i found lumps near my vagina. itchy. but the lumps don't hurt. so that's what I think it's Cancer. another is yeast infection. But my periods were on schedule, but at times they were heavy.