Lump near vagina?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Lump near vagina?

I have this lump on the lip of my vagina that looks like a bug bite, and the same size as the tip of my pinky finger. It only itches every now and then. I do shave my pubic hair and my mother thinks it could be a cyst when I talked to her about it. I have had sex with my current fiance, and as far as I know he has not had sex before me. Also I just moved to an old house, and we have a problem with mosquitoes and ants coming in, and I sleep in loose clothing. Could it be a bug bite? I have huge concerns that I have a disease. It doesn't hurt at all when I move around or urinate. It is just a smooth lump. Is this something I should be concerned about?
It can be a boil or a cyst. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. Hair follicles that are blocked by greasy creams, petroleum jelly, or similar products are more vulnerable to infection.
Keep the area clean and apply warm compresses and some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Des_a_rae, Belle313, and KTowne commented on KTowne's status
1 hr ago
Belle313, gloryrose, and Shannon79 commented on Belle313's status
KTowne My sister miscarried, she's... Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals