Lump on Labia Majora

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Lump on Labia Majora

I recently found a small, pea-sized, painless, hard lump on my right labia majora. It's internal-under the skin, not on top like a wart. I know it must have developed sometime in the last 7 days. I have practiced safe sex all my life and have only had one partner for the last 2 years. I had my regular PAP exam last May. Any ideas?
sometimes this is common...this may just a regular pimple..since pimple is very common in the genital and groin area...i Have them often and get them checked by my OB and she said that it is very normal..how does this lump look like? like a red pimple? or more like blister..Also, this can be a lump due to shaving..do you shave?
Someone posted about something similar further down and I replied saying that it could be what they call a 'bartholin's cyst'. It is a gland inside the labia which can sometimes become swollen or infected. If it increases in size or you notice you start having a fever or flu-like symptoms get to a doctor. I had this about 10 years ago and had to have day surgery to have it lanced. It might be this - or it could be nothing, but keep an eye on it (so to speak!).
I actually had one of these when I was in my teens (and a virgin). It was like a pea under my skin. It wasn't bartholin's.. it was just a cyst. My doctor said it was "nothing" and that just sometimes these things happen and they go away. If it stays for more than a couple of weeks, you might want to get it checked out but it's likely nothing..
I've had a grape sized cyst on my right labia majora for over a year now. I thought It would just go away, but it hasn't. I am really worried about what it is although it is painless and doesn't seem to be growing. I am scared to ask a GP because I am afraid that the outcome will be bad. Help?
I have one and it hurts like crazy! I've had one of these before and after bout a week it popped and drained but it hurt so bad I could barely lie down or even sleep at nite. I really don't want to go thru this again so if anybody has any remedies?
I also have the same problem at the moment. I am only 15 years old and no longer a virgin. There is only one person I've had sex with but he's had sex with many other girls. Should I be worried?
I've had a lump in the left Labia Majora for at lest five years.  It had slowly grown in size over the years and I finally had it checked out.  I will be having the lump surgicaly removed in August of 2011.  It hasn't been painfull except when I ride my bicycle for long periods of time, that is the main reason I'm having it removed.
I found a lump under the skin in the crease to the left of my vaginal lip. Not in the crease of my leg. In the crease of my vagina. It feels like what i would imagine a breast lump would feel like. What is this?