Lump on Labia Majora

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Lump on Labia Majora

I recently found a small, pea-sized, painless, hard lump on my right labia majora. It's internal-under the skin, not on top like a wart. I know it must have developed sometime in the last 7 days. I have practiced safe sex all my life and have only had one partner for the last 2 years. I had my regular PAP exam last May. Any ideas?
Avatar n tn
sometimes this is common...this may just a regular pimple..since pimple is very common in the genital and groin area...i Have them often and get them checked by my OB and she said that it is very normal..how does this lump look like? like a red pimple? or more like blister..Also, this can be a lump due to shaving..do you shave?
Avatar n tn
I actually had one of these when I was in my teens (and a virgin). It was like a pea under my skin. It wasn't bartholin's.. it was just a cyst. My doctor said it was "nothing" and that just sometimes these things happen and they go away. If it stays for more than a couple of weeks, you might want to get it checked out but it's likely nothing..
Avatar n tn
Someone posted about something similar further down and I replied saying that it could be what they call a 'bartholin's cyst'. It is a gland inside the labia which can sometimes become swollen or infected. If it increases in size or you notice you start having a fever or flu-like symptoms get to a doctor. I had this about 10 years ago and had to have day surgery to have it lanced. It might be this - or it could be nothing, but keep an eye on it (so to speak!).
Avatar n tn
I've had a grape sized cyst on my right labia majora for over a year now. I thought It would just go away, but it hasn't. I am really worried about what it is although it is painless and doesn't seem to be growing. I am scared to ask a GP because I am afraid that the outcome will be bad. Help?
I have one and it hurts like crazy! I've had one of these before and after bout a week it popped and drained but it hurt so bad I could barely lie down or even sleep at nite. I really don't want to go thru this again so if anybody has any remedies?
I also have the same problem at the moment. I am only 15 years old and no longer a virgin. There is only one person I've had sex with but he's had sex with many other girls. Should I be worried?
I've had a lump in the left Labia Majora for at lest five years.  It had slowly grown in size over the years and I finally had it checked out.  I will be having the lump surgicaly removed in August of 2011.  It hasn't been painfull except when I ride my bicycle for long periods of time, that is the main reason I'm having it removed.
I found a lump under the skin in the crease to the left of my vaginal lip. Not in the crease of my leg. In the crease of my vagina. It feels like what i would imagine a breast lump would feel like. What is this?
Jenny, fMaybe. But let me tell you that you are deserving of better!  Sex is such a beautiful thing to be shared with husband and wife.

I'm not trying to lecture based on religious belief (although I could), but from experience.  I had one boyfriend all the way through until my senior year.  That year, he went to college and my parents would not let me go to any activities at the college because "I was too young"....but I wasn't too young to do things with him prior to him going to college.  It was crazy!  He was still my age but becau of how birthdays fell, he was a year ahead in school.

My parents accused me of having sex when I was still a virgin because I was three minutes late getting home and didn't stop to call from a phone booth, never considering that I'd of had to backtrack to even to even find one.

That wasn't a typo...I said THREE minutes!!  They called me a **** and a *****.  It crushed me.  After this I had sex with many guys.  I never caught any diseases, always safe sex.  But I did not walk away unchanged either.

I married a man who had saved that gift for ME, his wife.  The guilt I have carried has robbed me of having that "beautiful, wonderful gift" entirely.  We've been married 22 years and there are times that still have flashbacks and it ruins the moment.  We've talked about it and he is sweet about it, but I can't shake the guilt entirely.  

Your self worth is so much greater than anything you can receive at 15, or even older, because you will change so much in the next 4-7 years. You will likely look back and think how much you regret sharing sex with any guy at this time in your life.  You certainly deserve better than other girls rejects!!!  You certainly need to continue safe sex if you choose to continue, but realize it's not 100% safe and you may face disease and/or motherhood.  Either of these would alter your life tremendously!!!  PLEASE give all this another thought.  Also if you notice any changes at all, seek medical attention...start with the school nurse.  

Now for the religious part....I am going to be praying for you daily.  Read Genesis and Psalms and be encouraged that you are more deserving in that sex is a gift from God to couples first and then a gift from you to your husband.  

AnnieBrooke away July 25 afternoon to J... Comment
Des_a_rae commented on Saw the babies again ...
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals