Lump on Vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Lump on Vagina

6923164?1305929995
Hi I'm 17 and I noticed I have a lump on my vagina. I never had sex before. What happened is, 4 days ago, I thought I was going to have my period so I wore a pad. But I didn't get it. I wore the pad overnight and removed it when I felt like my vagina was hurting. Yesterday I had my period and when I took a bath and washed my vagina I felt this bump so I looked at it. There was 2 lumps on it. 1 was kinda soft and the other 1 is hard. I didn't hurt at my first day of menstruation. Today is my 2nd day and you know in 2nd day there's more blood right? This morning when I woke up and went to pee it hurt so bad! I don't know whether it was because there's more blood or whatever but all I know is that it hurt so bad. Before I went to school I drank 3 250mg pain reliever. I didn't mention that when I walk or sit it hurts right? I asked my mom and she told me she had it before and it's just a pimple and it'll be gone soon. But IDK what to do it really hurt so bad so she told me to take a pain reliever so I did. Then this morning I took a bath and looked at it and noticed that i actually have 3. The third one is really small and doesn't hurt at all. In the picture, those black points are where my lumps are. Please help me! I don't know what to do and I want it to go away ASAP :( Thank you very much. Ohh, also I don't know if it's really a pimple because it's too big to be a pimple =/ please help me :(
We cannot diagnose anything on this forum, and I, for one, have no idea what those bumps/lumps could be. I suppose they could be pimples, but you need to be seen by a doctor who can diagnose them correctly and start any treatment that might be necessary. Talk with your mother again and let her know just how much they hurt, how big they are and that you're a bit frightened and would like to see a doctor.
I would definitely have them checked out before you went away.
Let me know what you find out, OK?
Peace
Greenlydia
u need to go to the doctor to get loked at.
I'm by no means a health professional, but I can tell you that I get them especially around my period.  I've had the "it hurts to sit down" ones, and I sympathize.  I am also a popper.  If I have anything that I think might be a pimple anywhere on my body, I try to pop it.  The last ones that I had (2 last week and 1 just this morning), have all popped.  sometimes it hurt like hell to try to pop them, but as soon as it burst, there was SO much relief.  I have talked to my dr about them and even showed her the ones last week, one of which was actually about the size of a big purple grape it felt like, and she said it's more than likely a bacterial infection of some kind (as all pimples are) and more than likely occured because of my shaving or from a tampon string rubbing on the sensitive skin.  

So, yes, talk to your dr, or even call planned parenthood depending on where you are, and explain your situation.  But what I do is try to pop it.  If puss comes out, it's basically a pimple.  sometimes it'll even fill back up for the next day or two until i can get everything out, and then, they just go away....
I find it quite odd that your doctor would blow off a "grape sized" growth as  "more than likely a bacterial infection, " and then just leave it at that. She did not aspirate it and have the substance cultured? Did she not talk to you about popping "things" and what a really bad, and somewhat dangerous practice that is?
Shaving may cause you to develope an ingrown hair, which can get infected, but you become aware of that long before it reaches the "large purple grape" stage. And a tampon string rubbing on sensitive skin is a pretty thin idea. If you are changing your tampons as often as you should, the string would not always be in the exact same place long enough to cause an infection such as what you're describing.
I'm sorry but I think your treatment plan of popping these growths is a VERY unwise decision. And I still find it unacceptable that your doctor seems to feel this is OK. If you have a growth in your vaginal area that is filled with pus, it's essential to see a doctor.
I think you've been very lucky so far that you haven't developed what could be a very serious infection by your practice of popping.............and I'd most certainly be disturbed that my doctor didn't seem to care enough to find out what was CAUSING these infections.

To dibidibidis....................we all have opinions and we all have the right to express those opinions. cpr is welcome to hers, but I totally disagree with it. I hope you will do what I believe, in my opinion, is the ONLY thing you should do............see your doctor as soon as possible.
Peace
Greenlydia