Women's Health Community
Lump on back of head near base of neck
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lump on back of head near base of neck

I have noticed a lump on the back of my head about an inch or two from my neck.  Sore to touch.  I live in a world of paranoia.  But have a doctors appt. on Mon.  But was wondering if anyone has similar symptoms.  It is solid, does not move.
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I think my mom gets these all the time - I think it is just a lymphnode.   Best to have it looked at but sounds just like what my mom gets and it is supposedly nothing.  GOOD LUCK
Blank
Have you been sick or fighting a cold or anything? Could be a lymph node.
Blank
could be a cyst, i have a number of them all over my head. Doctor said there is nothing I can do to prevent them. I have had some removed but it is quite painful.
Blank
I have the same thing a small lump that is cylindrical in shape and in between my ear and the middle of the back of my neck. I first noticed this the end of july and it is still here today. the urgent care doc said it was a swollen lymph node and apparently medicine would not treat it. My pcp wasn't so sure it was a lymph node so he recommended me to an ent and the ent thought it was a sebaceous cyst. He said it could be a node but more likely a sebaceous cyst. Hopefully this will help.
Blank
158812_tn?1189759426
I had the same thing.  It would only hurt when I touched it.  The dr. checked it out, and said it was an infected hair follicle, and it would dissapear in a few weeks.  He was right.
Blank
i had one removed on top of my head its just a ingrown hair follicle they are normal and no it do'nt hurt to get removed just a little ***** with numbing stuff then a little pressure.about two stitches. sometimes it hurts a lot worse if you don't do it. mine got real sore
Blank
I have had the same thing for 10 yrs it is a non cancerous tumor in my case with nothing to worry about. Have you had any other problems like frequent headaches or neck aches? I would be more concerned if it comes with other symptoms. talking to your doctor is the best option.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank