Lump on back of head near base of neck
I have noticed a lump on the back of my head about an inch or two from my neck.  Sore to touch.  I live in a world of paranoia.  But have a doctors appt. on Mon.  But was wondering if anyone has similar symptoms.  It is solid, does not move.
I think my mom gets these all the time - I think it is just a lymphnode.   Best to have it looked at but sounds just like what my mom gets and it is supposedly nothing.  GOOD LUCK
tmv
Have you been sick or fighting a cold or anything? Could be a lymph node.
could be a cyst, i have a number of them all over my head. Doctor said there is nothing I can do to prevent them. I have had some removed but it is quite painful.
I have the same thing a small lump that is cylindrical in shape and in between my ear and the middle of the back of my neck. I first noticed this the end of july and it is still here today. the urgent care doc said it was a swollen lymph node and apparently medicine would not treat it. My pcp wasn't so sure it was a lymph node so he recommended me to an ent and the ent thought it was a sebaceous cyst. He said it could be a node but more likely a sebaceous cyst. Hopefully this will help.
I had the same thing.  It would only hurt when I touched it.  The dr. checked it out, and said it was an infected hair follicle, and it would dissapear in a few weeks.  He was right.
i had one removed on top of my head its just a ingrown hair follicle they are normal and no it do'nt hurt to get removed just a little ***** with numbing stuff then a little pressure.about two stitches. sometimes it hurts a lot worse if you don't do it. mine got real sore
I have had the same thing for 10 yrs it is a non cancerous tumor in my case with nothing to worry about. Have you had any other problems like frequent headaches or neck aches? I would be more concerned if it comes with other symptoms. talking to your doctor is the best option.