Lump on inner labia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Lump on inner labia

Hi. I have just found a lump on my inner labia near the vaginal opening. I am only 18 and have never had sex and am wondering what it could be. I've never had anything like it before. It's small, slighty raised and painful to touch. It also appears a bit whitish in colour. But there is only the one. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure whether I should be worried or see a doctor.
I would suggest you see a doctor. i have those once in a while,it is painful.I had some blood test done, I was told this is normal and I had to live with it.Try a warm bath.Good luck.
you are desccribing what i get every now and then (esp before my period) is called a bartholins (sp) cyst. its a bump, mine began purplish and HURT! if its white then its (pus) most likely ready to come out. dont squeeze it. just put a warm-hot cloth on it as much as you can to draw it out.
Hi,  I just posted this to someone else on here and then saw your question.  This lump could be a Bartholin Gland Cyst.  If you go to google and click on images and then type in the search box Bartholin Gland Cyst it will show you this cyst.  Also, here are a couple of website that might better answer your question.  

http://familydoctor.org/235.xml?printxml

http://health.Yahoo.com

Type Bartholin Gland Cyst

Good Luck

I got a white lump also on my inner labia, and I freaked out!  Now it just looks like a red cut...I followed the warm bath advice and the white went away  but it is still kindof uncomfortable/itchy?!  I hope that it heals and goes away soon...Is the itching feeling normal???  Is it supposed to look like a red cut after the white drains?  The whole thing makes me nervous....I was very upset before I stumbled across this website so I am very thankful for this website!!! <33 Thank you to any and all for any advice that you can give me
i have a lump on right side of inner labia,it has been there since easter and was much larger at that time,very painful,..since then it has gone down to a smaller lump ,which does have some pus like discharge,,,itchy as well
i'm 37 years old
I've had these most of my life- small white bumps. I know it sounds gross but I sterilize a needle and ***** the top of each bumb. Then I simply apply pressure to both side and----it comes out. Some of them wind around as they come out- it's obvious they have been there for a long time. Only once did I have one get infected. I put a warm washcloth on it and eventually it came to a head and literally exploded. Put on some antibiotic cream and it healed up fines
I am 38 yrs od. Last sexual act was in may 2008. Between my clit and L inner labia , I have a small flesh colored itchy bump. I thought it would go away, but not yet. What is this bump?
I have this also, its been worrying me all day.. so im glad i found this.... going to try the warm cloth idea....

one question though, as im worried...

I only get to see my boyfriend once a month, and we have only just got toggether, and so this is kind of embaressing for me.. ive been told that you can still have sex with this cyst unless it hurts to much which it doesnt unless pressed on... but i dont know wether i should tell him or not.. he might be put off me???  but ive been waiting a whole month to see him and i know he will be expecting me to be wanting sex with him...

i dont know what to do....

What would you do?
I am having the same thing... itchy, irritated small bump on/in the skin between my 2 labia, kinda next to the clitoris. I just noticed it about 4 or 5 days ago. I've had bumps on my outer labia before that eventually come to a head  but never on the side...it's much more itchy and irritating than when it's on the outside. I really don't want to waste my time (have to take off work, lose overtime pay) and money on going to the dr if it's not a big deal.