Luteal Phase Spotting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Luteal Phase Spotting

I'm 31 years old.  I have thyroid disease and take .75mg of levothyroxine.  I am of normal weight and do not have any children.

Every month for the last four year I have some brown spotting ten days before my period is due, it usually lasts about 1-3 days and then stops.  My doctor told me he was sure it was ovulation because it came at the exact same time every month and my cycles are regular.  He also put me on bc because he said if it was not hormonal than bc wouldn't stop the spotting.  The pill did stop the spotting but I did not continue on BC because it made me emotional.

I have since moved and when I saw my new gynocologist for my yearly appointment she recommended a saline infused ultrasound and biopsy.  I am now waiting for the biopsy results and feeling quite scared.  The ultrasound showed a normal and healthy lining.  

The only variance in this spotting came after I had half of my thyroid removed because of a large goiter caused by my thyroid disease.  This was in July and since that month my spotting is now only every other month but still comes ten days before my period is due.

I guess the reason for my post is because I'm quite scared about the fact that my new doctor did a biopsy.  I've read a few things online and it seems to me that uterine cancer would cause spotting at random times and that BC wouldn't have stopped the spotting if it was something.  My other question is I didn't have any growths or thickness to biopsy.  Does anyone have any idea of what this may be?

I hv no idea what the problem cld be. Hope u get gud results and everything will b fine. Do post back what happened all the best.