Women's Health Community
MRI results
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MRI results

What does this mean & what kind of treatment is used.

Mild cervical degenerative disc diseasenoted above with more significant stenosis at left neural exit foramen of C-C6, but neural impingement is difficult to confirm as a result of thes changes.

Mild cervical degenerated disc disease is seen with posterior disc bulging most noticalbe from C4-C7.

At C4-C5, mild diffuse posterior disc bulging narrows the anterior thecal sac, but no significant neural impringement is suspected as a result.

At C5-C6, posterior disc bulging is again noted with more focal left post posterior disc bulging narrowing the left neural exit foramen more so than the right.  Crowding of the existing nerve on the left may be considered although neural impingement is difficult to confirm.

At C6-C7, diffuse disc bulging slightly more pronounced to the left of the midline is again noted narrowing the anterior thecal sac, but no significant neural impingement is confirmed.  No other significant cervical spinal canal or exit foraminal stenosis is demonstrated.  Signal within spinal cord & surrounding CSF space appears unremarkable.