MTHFR C677T and A1298C
I have recently been diagnosed as having the MTHFR C677T heterozygous and A1298C heterozygous mutations.  What does this mean for future pregnancies and what other health risks are there for me?  What treatment is there during pregnancy and in everyday life?
was it hard for you to get the doctors to test you for this? i have have had 3 losses, 2 preterm deliveries, 1 led to my son dying shortly after birth and with the other my daughter was still born, i also had one miscarriage. i have been having loads of tests done and my rheumatologist mentioned this test to me and thought i should have it done. i called my maternal fetal specialist and they were no help. i have an appointment with my pcm this week and was planning on asking her if she could do it. is it just one blood test, how long do the results take to come back??
Please see the MTHFR group for answers to your questions... I hope that I can help with anything that you aren't able to find in the reference post...

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/MTHFR-Methylenetetrahydrofolate-reductase/show/961

After having gone through this myself, and having done quite an abundant amount of research, I hope that I am able to provide you with the answers you are looking for!

There are a few of us who live with this and also the treatments to continue our pregnancies!

In addition to anything I have mentioned, please keep in mind, that while I or others may have extensive knowledge in many areas, you should always seek professional medical advice from your own physician, as it pertains to medical conditions or concerns.

Good luck, and if you have any other questions that I can help you with, please feel free to message me directly.

Sincerely,
Sandi (Dragon1973)
MedHelp Genetics Community Leader;
Children - Special Needs Community Leader;
Down syndrome Community Leader & Ds Group Forum Founder/Moderator;
MTHFR Group Forum Founder/Moderator