Major tampon trouble.
ok. Well, I go to gymnastics 4 days a week, and do some pretty heavy tumbling and work, so of course, i need tampons. But, i haven't gotten any to work, and if i dont, im gonna be in some trouble here. Inserting them is somewhat painful, when their in, its uncomfortable, and taking them out is painful. i know, push it in further, make sure its positioned correctly, but i've tried to fix those things a thousand times!!! and they still wont work. do i need to see a Gyno. about this? so they can help? but if you have any suggestions please, i have gymnastics tonight, i'd be more then willing to listen.
Yes, you definetly need to go to a GYNO!!!!
no, you dont NEED to go to a gynocologist to learn how to insert a tampon, but if you are having sex, need BC, or have a medical issue, then you should see one. if none of the above, they say around 18 yrs you should go and get a check up each year.
okay, about the tampons...
i dont know your age but they have some that have a silky applicator for smooth sailing! they also have teen/junior sizes.
if i were you, i would lay down on your bed and put your legs up. wiggle the tampon in and push the bottom (you know). that way its easier. also in the directions, they say to put one leg up on the toilet. i know sometimes if it is not in far up enough, it is very uncomfortable. in addition, if the flow is dry and you take it out it cant hurt too. sounds like you may need a smaller size tampon? what were you using?
all boxes come with directions. you may want to read them over.
Try Pearl tampons much more comfy to insert and come in 3 sizes.
Ok, well, im 13, and I have read the directions over and over. I was using tampax pearl, ane i've tried tampax juinor lites. even the smaller ones are very uncomfortable. I dont know what im doing wrong. I get it in pretty far, but i can feel it ALL the time. i dunno. but, for gym tonight, i just might have to deal with it because i cant miss practice. i dunno and with my practices being 4 times a week, i gotta get this down fast.
Tampax always felt that way for me. I switched to OB, they aren't as long as tampax so the don't elongate as the absorb.
are u relaxed when ur inserting them? or are u tense??

Try to relax.. take a deep breath.. it took me awhile to get the hang of them.. and now thats all I wear...
try using ky jelly on the tip of the tampon when inserting.  Also,
the OB tampon is smaller and make work better for you since you are so young.
iused to tumbled and so does one of my daughters.  try using pearl tampons and ask your coach if you can wear shorts over your leo.  this way you can also use a panty liner.  you should be able to do fulls and tumble like this.
Oh god - I so remember having that problem when I first started using tampons! I thought I would be the only girl in history to not be able to use them. I used to have my best friend in the toilet cubicle next to mine giving me instructions as I tried to insert the tampon and just when I thought I got it and fix myself up I'd be walking around feeling it lingering right there at the opening and it also hurt to take them out. As it turned out there was nothing wrong with me other than that I needed the practice. Perhaps you could try practising when you are not on your period so it's not as messy and it doesn't start swelling the moment you insert it (that happened to me loads of times also). I found it much easier to use the tampons that came with an applicator. It's so much easier to insert correctly and you don't get 'lost' inside yourself. You'll be fine...just keep practicing!!!!
i got my period at 15 , but i know that for the first few months i just used pads because i hated tampons,

## make sure u r not inserting the tampon when u think u might get ur period, but when u actually have it, i think when u bleed that should give enoughlubrication for the tampon to fit,

I always put one leg up on the bath and insert it standing up, because i can see what im doing, i cant imagine how u do it laing down lol, it must be skill!!!

...
i am not sure the OB's would work better for her since she has difficulty getting it far enough in? i have tried the OB's before and since there is no applicator, you practically have to insert your finger as well and does not seem to "scoot" up there. i agree with her probably being tense about it. if you are tense, your muscles contract making insertion that much harder. also, sometimes if its crooked in there you can feel it too. try again to insert it. not to get too personal but what position are you in when you do it? have you tried laying down w. legs up a bit? if not, try that and then try to not think about it. go about your business. if you are aware of it, you may "feel" it.
gee, i didnt know i was so talented!! LOL! its really very easy.i just reach right over, open up, and push it right in there. its a done deal!
When I was a virgin, I found tampons to be very difficult.  Some hymeneal tissue is tougher than others, and you might be someone who has a tough membrane there; I don't think this is a stupid thing to ask your gynecologist about.  But once you do get it in, it should be something you don't feel.  Try putting the lubricant on the tampon's end, either KY or even Vaseline if you don't have KY.  That is the only thing that did the trick for me, and learning to push it up very high inside.  Good luck, honey!!!!! (((HUGS))) Annie
I do trampolining and i cant get a tampon in. should i try with my leg up on the bath?