Marina IUD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Marina IUD

I recently got a marina iud and wanted to know if it was immeaditly effictive? and if you accadently pulled the srtings, could you remove it your self?
the string is there so you can check to make sure it doesnt come out but since its flexible yes you can pull it out. also, your body can force it out if it rejects it. there is a higher chance of that if youve never been pregnant. also, yes it is effective immediately as well as it is uneffective immediately after it comes out. your doctor didnt explain any of that to you?
i do have a baby, hes two months old, and no she didn't explain it, they gave me a pamplet, and that was not very informitive. the day that it was incerted i had sex and i was just wondering about that because iv been feeling kinda funny. i pulled the strings by accadent, i put a tampon in, i have not used one in a while, i took it out the night b 4, and didnt remember that i did, i thought the strings that i felt were that of the tampon so i pulled on it, its still in there and thats y i asked that question
thank you for all the information, you were very help full, r you a doctor?
i have the iud and i miss my period last month should i go get a pregancy test.
i have the iud and i missed my period last month should i go get a pregancy test
I have had my Marina IUD in for 12 months now, in that time I have had my period 3 weeks at a time. I keep getting a sore back and i believe it is caused by the IUD. I will pull the ******* out myself if I have too. I would not recomend it at all....