Women's Health Community
Maybe a yeast infection?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Maybe a yeast infection?

I am 20 years old, the first time I had sex was in August. After sex, I really itched down there.. I didn't think to much about it, but Everytime after sex following the first time, it still itched. I thought it might be the condoms.. But then it stopped bothering me. My bf goes down on me a lot too. But now my vaginia doesn't itch as much, but my clitoris does.. I've never been to a gyno, and I'm scared to.. I don't have family support for things like that. Im thinking maybe I have a yeast infection. Is there anything I can take to help it go away without going to a doctor? Also shoul I be worried about my partner? Please help!
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3099880_tn?1346759567
Itchiness suggests that there is a thrush infection.

This is a very common fungal infection that might affect either male or female genitals. It is easily treated with an antifungal cream such as Canesten.

You can either get it on prescription from your GP or you can buy it at the chemists.

Both you and your partner should use the treatment for a week and not have sex without a condom during that period.

If that doesn't work go and see your GP or family planning clinic to be checked that it isn't a different kind of infection.

Yours sincerely
Blank
Thank you! I will check it out. If I get the chance I'm going to go to a gyno. Thank you again!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank