Menopause at 27???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Menopause at 27???

Can you go threw menopause at 27?  For the past year and a half I have had my period constantly.  I've been to my Dr. and he will put me on different hormone pills or hormonal birth control and everytime I start takeing something about the 2nd week I start bleeding so bad I can't even leave the house, so I quit taking it and it takes a couple weeks to go back to light flow.  I get so frustrated. I'm a stay at home mom with 4 kids.  I don't know from day to day what I can do or if I can leave my house or even get off the couch.  In the past 6 months I've gained alot of weight and no matterwhat I do I can't seem to lose any. (pills, Eating healthy, exercising)  Lately though I've been feeling very low I don't want to cook, clean, I don't want to do anything. But sit on the couch all day.  I have no energy what so ever.  At night I can't sleep.  I will lay there till 4 in the morning till I go to sleep and get up at 7 and go sit on the couch.  I used to be very good at memory and now I can't remember anything.  I just cry everytime I look at myself because everything about me has chang so fast.  Alot of times when I start off talking its all mumbles you can't understand and I have to try again. I just don't know what to do anymore.  If anyone has any suggestion please tell me. I'm up for nything at this point.  Thank you.
I'm not a doctor or anything, so I'm not claiming any expertise about this, but I took a psychology of family relations class and in our book, it did say that women can experience early menopause as early as 19 years old. So it is possible, but I don't know if that's what's going on in your case. Maybe you're just in a down kind of mindset. That can affect a lot of your life. Try being more active, even if you don't want to be, and no matter how hard it is. I've done that before and it can make you feel a lot better mentally, which can make everything else in your life feel a lot more normal and happy.
My grandmother went through menopause @ the age of 23 and had grey hair long before that so to your question it is possible @ your age.When you have a partial hysterectomy {which I have had} or a full hysterecomy the hormonal balance in the body changes to try and accomidate this change leaving you with night sweats, hot flashes the whole nine yards, but these you're not having problems w/, but you might want to have your Dr check out your thyroid. Your thyroid controls many things and without it funtioning properly it can cause: hypothyroidism-is where the funtion of the thyroid has slowed and can cause weight gain, consentration problems, fatigue, low libido and many others.  This is something worth checking into. Hope this helps!!
checked your thyroid
have tubal ligation done and imediately went into peri menopause?