Men's Semen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Men's Semen

Why do men like it when their partner swallows their semen during oral sex? Is it harmful to swallow? Why do I gag at the taste and smell of it? How can I prevent from gagging?
well your profile says your male.

but i dont think it is harmful.
if you dont like the taste of it then try not to breath thru your mouth.
as for the taste i heard that what a male eats will change the taste of semen, so have him eat like veggies and fruits or something.
Thanks Kim. Sorry about the confusion. I am definitely female and will fix that right away!  I'll have to give your suggestions a try. Why do men like it for us to swallow?
i have no idea. wondernig that myself. the things they enjoy that many women find weird
It feels different when a women is giving oral and swallows in the process then if she just gives oral and pulls away to let the man finish out side the mouth. To avoid the taste what my women does is when i'm about to *** take my penis all the way and sucks and swallow at the same time like if you were drinking from a straw. She says she never tastes it. And swallowing semen will not hurt you .  
" Why do I gag at the taste and smell of it? How can I prevent from gagging? " IM the exact same way, even when i look at it, i gag enough to through up... the smell and taste, i've thrown up from it befor, i guess everyone is different but dont take it the wrong way!! and i have no clue why men think its sexy my boyfriend says because it just is. i guess they have their reasons * rolls eyss* ahaha

Men like their women to swallow for a variety of reasons. First of all, when a woman pulls back before a man orgasms, it would be very similar to a woman being close to orgasm and the man just stopping. There's no continued sensation. Also, it's sexy for a man to watch an individual enjoy it. Well, I guess he's hoping they're enjoying it . It's just so abrupt if the man pulls out. ((I personally enjoy oral sex and swallowing, but I'm finding that I'm more of a rarity)).

Swallowing semen is not at all harmful. I used to gag at first with my boyfriend too. If your boyfriend eats junk food or drinks, maybe convince him to lay off the **** and eat healthier stuff. It can make it taste much sweeter. Kiwis and melons are very good for that, and you'd be amazed at the difference in a drinker's semen vs. a non-drinker's semen. Other than that, it's something you have to get used to if you wish to keep doing it. I've heard (and experienced) that semen can be somewhat of a learned taste. You just have to get used to it.

I do want to add that you don't have to give your boyfriend a ******* (or swallow) to keep him happy, especially if you can't find a way to keep yourself from getting sick. Hope it works out for ya!

Alex
spitting after giving oral insinuates you are grossed out which ruins the effect of oral. men like the way it feels when you can swallow along with the muscle spasms that happen while they orgasm. have your man eat pineapple it causes *** to taste sweet and have him avoid celery because it increases the amount he produces. try to focus more on his enjoyment rather than what you are doing. Try to enjoy that you have control for the moment and fallow his reactions. you will find yourself enjoying it yourself if you change mind set about it.  
I think it is so sexy to swallow, saying "swallow" turns me on!  The way a man reacts to you doing it seems to suggest you're fully accepting  them. One boyfriend cried when I did it, said it felt so good and not even his ex-wife would do it.  Love it when they love it so much they kiss me right after like they want to taste it too.
Thanks to all of you because I'm 37 and it's new to me.When me and my 43yr old bf was had sex for the 3rd time he all of a sudden pull it out when and shot it on my stomach then he lick it then kiss me with it on his tongue we have now been together for now 7mo and he has done that about four time.I was wonding why are he doing that is he trying to get in my mind by feeding me his ***. But by me reading your comments gives me a better undetstanding. Thanks y'all.