Women's Health Community
Menstral cramps
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Menstral cramps

I'm having a real problem with menstral cramps lately.  I'm taking tylenol, but it doesn't seem to be helping much.  Does anyone have any other ideas??

PS - Yes, sdp......I've been keeping up!  ;-)  I read some at work today, but can't post at all there.  Hi back at'cha!
Related Discussions
34 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Can you take Ibuprophen?  I used to take 600 mg of Motrin/Advil and it worked wonders for over the counter.  It's the same dosage they gave me in a prescription 20 years ago when my periods were so bad.  I am inclined to think Aleve would work too.

Glad to see you, sorry your cramping!  I don't miss those days!
Blank
Glad to see you too!  Thanks for the suggestions. ;-)  Where's our own PB & J tonight?  Sleeping, perhaps?  Poor thing!
Blank
You've got mail
Blank
150483_tn?1212172156
I think midol.I suffer big time with cramps.Also heating pads & warm teas..nanis
Blank
Oooohhhh, good idea!!  Warm tea sounds goooood.  Thanks, nanis!
I think now is a great time for an open forum??  Where IS everybody?
Blank
Warm tea does sound good or mabye even hot chocolate with marshmellows?  I find that chocolate is a panacea for every ailment, especially menstrual cramps.
Blank
Hi!  I noticed you mentioned LBJ and I live in the Houston area and we have an LBJ.  By any chance are you in Texas as well?
Blank
Probaly next door to you. How neat
Blank
Well then get ready for our "cold" front.  Maybe we can finally retire the flip-flops.
Blank
Hey.  I'm here.  Just not quite up to snuff.  Sorry about the cramps, I usually do Advil or Midol whichever I have on hand & the heating pad really helps a lot.
Blank
You guys are lucky.  We're looking at a possible snowstorm here in Michigan!!!
Blank
I know, Do you really think it will get into the 40's? Is there more than one LBJ in houston? The only one i know of is on Kelly st? they have a good endo clinic.
Blank
{{{{{{{{{{{ PB & J }}}}}}}}}}}}  I thought for sure you'd be sleeping!!  How are you holding up?
Blank
Chocolate helps me.
Blank
That is the one and only.  I've never been there, but my friend worked there while she was in nursing school.  She says they have a fine ob/gyn dept.
Blank
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........chocolate!!  Hey!  Do you have any more of those M&M's, sdp?
Blank
Hot green tea and a heating pad work wonders for me, try and keep your feet up too.  I hope you feel better, at least you know in a week it will be over with.
-Kaitlin
Blank
There are still some left, believe it or not.
Blank
I've been a few times, but the wait is awful. It is always so full, but I guess that's from the gold card.
Blank
I'd really like some advice from you too!!!
Blank
I hear this is a clinic in the suburbs, on Strawberry Road in Pasadena
Blank
Not good, thanks for asking.

My sister swears by asprin for her cramps.  But, beware, this thins the blood, therefore makes bleeding heavier.  She says that's why it helps her, that it makes the flow easier.  Who knows?  I mean, she's not a doctor or anything. And she tends to be sorta on the goofy side sometimes.
Blank
I like goofy!!  I'm liking all this advice.  Hot tea (with or without whiskey), heating pad, CHOCOLATE!!
Blank
What? What clinic? Pasadena is to far for me. I've never even been there.
Blank
Heating pad and chocolate for me. I resorted to Tylenol PM to sleep with the heating pad under my lower back :)
Blank
It is far if you don't leave on the East side, but I hear they have a decent clinic.  I am sure they big waits as well.
Blank
I also use this herbal bean bag thing that I throw in the microwave to heat up.  That works pretty well, until the heat is gone - but it holds it for a good long time.  Those things are wonderful!!  I see now that they have them shaped to wrap around your neck too.  They set up little shops in the mall at Christmas time.  I go to them and pretend I've never seen them before, just so they'll heat one up and throw it on my shoulders!  It's heavenly!!
Blank
I mean fowler...oops  Yea, you're here!

pricej: I meant they probably have huge waits as well...oops
Blank
Yup! I survived PMS this cycle! Yippeee! Started the 100mg of Clomid yesterday, so far.. I am not such a 'pia' as I was while PMS'ing. Now I just cry, lol. Darn horomones.
Blank
Aww...I hate to hear about the crying.
Blank
I'm feelin' better already, now that I got all my buddies here!  :-)
Blank
Vicodin works well.
Blank
Lower back pain on 13th day from period ending..is this normal?
The pain is very bad and lasts a day or two and is only on
13th or 14th day from the day my period ending.
Is this normal? Please advise..I:m very worried.
Do others also have this pain on 13th, day (ovuation period).
Blank
cramps : ( i v tried everything that has been listed hear, iv been having them realy bad especially with  time, it just gets worse with time, any suggestions????
:(
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank