Menstruation after surgery for ectopic pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I was wondering if anyone has experience in this:  I had surgery three weeks ago today for an ectopic.  I ovulated around the 7th (based on an OPK, BBT and CM).  My progesterone on Mon. was 1.5.  I know low prog. can mean you will start to menstruate...but here is my question:  I think I am just starting to get the first period after the surgery but am not sure.  Yesterday I had a spot of bright red blood and then a little brown mucus.  This morning I had more brownish mucus and brown blood, and I am starting to see pink (not mucus, just like a stain on the toilet paper).  I also saw some bright red mucus.

I called the RN to see if that was the start of the 1st AF after surg. and she said to treat it as if it is, but since it is "old blood" because it is brown, and there is only a little pink, she can't be sure.  I know it's supposed to be much heavier than normal and more painful (I do have a sharp pain not like the post-surgery pain today in my lower abdomen.)  If this spotting/staining stops should I assume it isn't my period? I have had periods where I got brown staining, then nothing for 2 days, then my period.

I am wondering mostly because I need to go through two cycles (in other words 3 periods) before I am allowed to try again (plus have a hysterosalpingogram).

I know the RN told me to assume it was, but I was wondering if anyone had this spotting and if it stopped and you actually got your period.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and sorry so long.
I also had surgery for an ectopic last September and had my right tube removed.  I also had some spotting after surgery, but not much.  I did not actually get my first period for about 7 weeks after the surgery.  My body just needed time to heal and get regulated again.  I wouldn't worry too much unless you keep spotting for long periods of time.  Good luck!  Everything will work out for you.  My husband and I are now expecting again and I am 13 weeks along and this baby is in my uterus!
Thanks for the information and I am very glad for you that your pregnancy is where it should be.  Congratuations!
I had my right tube removed due to an ectopic pregnancy back in March. I got my first period a few weeks after my surgery. Except, it doesn't feel right, my periods are now different. I tend to start with some spotting that last for about 2 days, which is only when I wipe, then my period will normally start. The blood is now a little orange-ish and not like a deep red color like it used to be. Is this normal?
when do I expect to menstrate after the surgery for ectopic pregnancy?
My right tube was removed because of an ectopic pregnancy one week ago.  This ectopic pregnancy was from IVF.  It's a rare case that IVF pregnancy result in an ectopic pregnancy.  I am still spotting with small tissues expelled.  Does anyone know if it's normal ?  Is the bleeding from menstruation after the surgery or the bleeding from the ectopic pregnancy ?  I had the bleeding before the ectopic pregnancy was diagnosised ?
I just got my first period after having my right tube removed due to an ectopic. This is like no other period I have ever had.  I have sharp pain where my surgery was and am going through at least a pad an hour.  I am also passing alot of clots. My periods have always been very light so maybe I'm just not used to this.  Does anyone know if this is normal for having surgery last month? I am exactly 28 days from my surgery.
i had an ectopic prgnancy just over three weeks ago and had my right tube removed, i started spotting today, very bright red and i have been very worried, i have spoke to my gp and she says that it is normal to pass blood not long after sugery, to give it time although if it gets to painful or lasts alot longer than your normal period then to give her a call back. also....has anyone been feeling really down since the op? im 20 and me and my partner had been trying for a year...we are both still very upset....
I had an ectopic pregnancy one week ago. My left tube was removed and I was told that massive scarring was removed and my right tube is scarred shut on both ends. How devastating. I'm only 27. I've been bleeding bright red blood since the surgery, but my doctor is regularly inaccessible and his staff are not the nicest people in the world. When should I expect the bleeding to stop and what's it like to have a period with no working tubes?
Tiff
hi
I have just had an ectopic pregnacy in which my left tube has been removed, via laproscopy.   I ovulated 10 days after surgery and I think I am having my period today (28 days exactly after the surgery)
It is hurting more than usual though.
Im not sure what my point is - only that it is really reassuring to have a site like this and to know that you are not the only one to go through this
awful situation.  
I had a ectopic pregnancy as well and had a peace of my right tube removed.  The bleeding ended three days after surgery. and I am now just waiting for my first period to come.  I hope I do not feel the strong pain.  I used to get strong period cramps before and I hope they dont get worse than they use to be. I am soo scared cause I do not know what to expect and when to expect this period. I actually want it to come soon. so i will know that life is getting back to normal.  What a nightmare I tell you..

I found I had a ectopic pregnancy on Apr 9 when I went for my ck up.  I was in shock because I was showing no symptoms until the sonagram.  So I had emergency Laproscopy and closed both of my tubes.  I go pregnant by ivf because of my endo.  It took a long time to get pregnant then to get it taken away was devatasting.  I am dealing and hoping b/c my doc said have good eggs.  I guess I needed a place to go where other women are feeling the same lost.  I am concerned about my bleeding. I thought I finished fri nite but then on sat it started heavy again. I am just wondering if that is normal after surgery.  Now i am just waiting for my period to begin so i can do the transfer.  
I had my left tube removed by laperotomy 3 weeks ago. I can report that 3 weeks down the line things are getting much better although first thing in the morning, when everything has gone stiff, is excruciating. I too have just begun to get a strange period (old brown blood) but I am assuming this is normal, I understand the first period can be different. I wanted to point anyone who reads this site to a charity website that has been extremely helpful to me. There is also a helpline that you can ring to talk to a very informative and reassuring nurse, she was brilliant, as I'd been told very little about post-operative care by the hospital (e.g. walk about a bit, don't bathe with bath products because post-operative skin is sensitive, that sort of thing). It is www.ectopic.org.uk . I was recommended to this website by the hospital before I left, read the FAQs, they answered most questions that I had. Wishing you all a speedy recovery and good luck in the future.
I had an ectopic surgery in July of this year, my DH and I were TTC for about a year. I was rushed into the ER for emergency surgery to have my left tube removed, and was told only IVF would get me preg because my right tube is to damaged. To be honest my periods have never been the same. they are not so much as painfull as they were but heavier than ever. I recieved my first AF after surgery almost a week later than i was expecting it, and boy was it heavy, and my hormones felt off the charts. seems like every AF since then has been very very heavy last month lasted 6days. i was really worried because when i first went home post op i was passing several tissue clots... that i wasnt told i was going to pass, and every AF since I have passed at least one large blood clot. please let me know if anyone else is experiencing these issues, an it is verynice to see other people dealing with the same pain. for some reason when something tragic like this happens, its like your the only one in the world an no on could ever know your pain.
so i had an ectopic preg in july they removed my right tube.im 23 years old and wanted to have a baby for awhile.I was about 3 months preg when they finally found out it was ectopic.i almost died..since then ive had a kidney inf and kidney stones.i always seem to still be tired all the time and my boobs are sore alot..i still dont feel back to the way i felt before..was just wondering if anyone else has  had problems so long after the surgery?
I had my left tube removed after a ectopic pregancy and every since my cycles have been messed up. One time there will be about 25 days to my cycle, then the next month there will be about 40 days to the cycle, and back and forth. Any one else notice this?
I too had an ectopic pregnancy (right side) through IVF (I'm a surrogate) back in May and my periods have not been normal.  Earliest start would be 18 days to a normal start for me of 28 days.  Including having 5 days of spotting before I actually start.  This is very different for me as my cycles were very regular.  I'm going to guess this is normal.  Something new has started for me.  I'm having discomfort on that side for the last couple of months and just went in to see the doctor to confirm nothing is wrong.  At that check-up my exam was normal, but will be going in for ultrasound to make sure everything else is okay.  Wish me luck!!  I've already started injections for the next IVF transfer.  Nervous as heck and really want this for my couple, but can’t stop thinking about the discomfort on my right side.  Argh!!
I didn't have an etopic pregnancy, but I did have a laparoscopy, D&C, and hysteroscopy and something called chromotubation.  They found that I had endo and my left tube was blocked so they opened it. They also had to remove 2 large orange sized cysts. I had post surgery spotting and passing of tissue, now two weeks past surgery i have a light period, but the blood is black and dark brown. I assume it is old blood from other posts I have read, but I am not sure. It's sorta freaking me out, but I see the doc. on Monday so will ask then.
hi.
im 24 i had an ectopic 5 days ago.
i didnt know i had a baby cos i had my period, tests were negative, everything seemed to be normal but i had very short breath, i thought it was because im not exercising...very suddenly i had this undecribable pain..the ambulance rushed me to the hosp, 2 hrs later i was in the OR.
now im home still have kinda bearable pain. i have lil spottings (pink) but when i wipe i have cloth and pink blood that can fill a pad, everytime i go to washroom. im very worried, my doctor is like an allien (u can never see him or find him or even talk to him) i dunno what to do. and i dont want to wait in the emergency for hours cos its still uncomfortable for me(im still recovering). is the bleeding normal or should i rush to emergency? plz HELP
I JUST HAD AN EPTOPIC PREGNANCY SURGERY THIS PAST FRIDAY.HOW LONG BEFORE I CAN HAVE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE?
You should wait as long as your doctor told you to wait.  Usually a couple of weeks, but it can vary.

If he/she did not specify, call and ask.  At least wait until your follow up appt from the surgery.  Then, you can ask at that time.

If you don't, you could get an infection.  Wait until the doctor gives you the green light.
Hey all...I was so releived to find this page.  On July 28th I had to have emergency surgury to remove an ectopic pregnancy...only mine implanted itself into my ovary and it ruptured and turned into a huge blood clot that contained my ovary and my tube.  I had no bleeding with this at all.  The first doctor told me I was pregnant and it was just pains from that.  We have been trying for 4 years but I knew this wasn't right as I have two healthy kids at home.  They found it 5 days later on a sonogram done by a different doctor and with in an hour had me in OR.  So they had to remove the tube and ovary obviously.  I am now wondering when I will get my period...I have no clue.  My doctor hasn't been the best so I have decided to switch to the one that did my surgery as she was awesome.  Anyone have any hints?
I just had surgery about 5 weeks ago. It was very unexpected. I had just missed my period (which I lightly bled for) 2 weeks before and had been bleeding for about 4 days. I thought it was a miscarrage (miscarriage) since I had one in the past with the same bleeding. After my surgery, there was no bleeding until I stood up and walked around for the whole day (2 days after surgery). I started to bleed brownish with clots. This was perfectly normal since my body was now acting as though I had had a baby and was cleaning itself out. This was all the old blood and the uteris lining. This lasted a week. A week later I began bleeding agian. I called my doctor on this and she told me it was just my normal period. The cramps were intense. Pain meds really didnt help. My incissions really hurt, which was odd because after my surgery I took no pain meds and my cuts just felt tight. That period ended a week ago and now I am on another period. This is when my clock-work like period would always be.

My best advice to anyone who is worring is to look at it as your body was pregnant. It retained fluids. Now the baby isn't there and your body is cleaning itself out and trying to regulate your period. Search on google for menstruation after pregnancy.
I had ectopic pregnancy and also lost my left tube .Didnot remove the ovary.My AFcame after 35 days of surgery.Next month my AF didnot come till now even its more than one month.before surgery my AF was regular 28 days.can any help me is this normal or something else.
i had surgery for an ectopic pregnacy and had my lefttube removed, 5 days later i started to bleed which lasted 6 days is this blood from the surgery or the lining of my womb shedding because i'm no longer pregnant?
This is soooo true that is reassuring not to have to go through this alone! This was horrible my right tube was removed too.  I still haven't gotten a period yet and actually feel pregnant again. Could I be or is it jus my body readjusting. I had surgery September 10th. Ovulated on the 14th of October. And was sexually active that day
I had the metho shot Sept. 10.  I ended up in emergency surgery on Sept. 11.  I had some bleeding after the surgery.  My doctor said I could bleed/spot for up to 6 weeks as my body adjusted.  My levels got back down to 0 on Oct. 8.  EXACTLY two weeks after my levels going down to zero, my period started.  It started about 6 weeks after my surgery.  It is a little more painful/crampy than normal, but I've always been blessed with easy, regular periods.  I would assume what you had three weeks after the surgery may have just been your body getting rid of everything and not a regular period.  If you got the metho shot, I do know that can mess with your cycle a bit afterwards.  Good luck with everything.      
I am SO glad to have found this site as well. I had an unexpected ectopic on the 17th of Oct. I was bleeding for 5 days for what I thought was my normal period (which I actually had 2 weeks earlier), but it was my first after having my daughter in April '09. I had my right tube removed as it was ruptured and there was a lot of blood and fluid in there aleady. Dr. said I was extremely lucky. Anyways, that was exactly 2 weeks ago today and I've noticed some new bruises and some light brownish mucus (from which I am assuming is old blood from the ectopic). Anyways, I took a test two week prior to my ordeal and it was negative, but then I ended up with this. I was just wondering how this could be since extopics don't usually rupture until 5+ weeks. I also was wondering if some swelling was normal about 2 weeks after surgery still. I do have three young kids (3, 2, and 7 months) so I am assuming that I just need to take it easy a little more than I have been. Thank you so much for your input!

Jaime
i also had an ectopic 3 weeks ago, and i'm thinking about ivf, but how is it possible to have an ectopic if you have ivf?? i thought that was the whole reason to bypass the tubes...some of the posts say they got pregnanty by ivf and turned into an ectopic...i'm just trying to make sure that i'm doing the right thing by having ivf as i don't have my tubes anymore.
Hei! I had a ectopic pregnancy in oct. It was treat as expectant? I do not remeber det name, anyway(without surgery or medisin). I was bleeding until 25th oct. I wonder ...when I suppose to get my period back.
Anyone has gone thru the same??
it has been 48 days since my surgury for an ectopic pregnancy where I had my left tube removed .. and 3 days ago I got what I think is my period and it is a vey heavy flow. I'm having pains here and there, soar breasts and back pain, is this my period? remind you I am only 17
had ectopic 3 monthes ago and have since been getting cramping pains and bloating has anyone else had that as worried!
i had an EP in the beginning of March. I had severe pain with cramping and light spotting. I was switching birth controls and wasn't sure if the irregular symptoms were contributed to that. I did go to my OB who suggested an ultrasound and blood work. The pain was severe and they said they believed I had a hemorrhagic cyst... however i believe this was my EP the whole time. I went to the ER that night b/c my doc wanted to rule out appendicitis and she said they could get my blood work back sooner. So I found out I was a week pregnant and they wanted to keep me over night. Stayed overnight and my levels dropped. They monitored me for a week and then the pain came back. They said I definitely had an ectopic and I was supposed to get the MTX shot the next day. Well that night I had crazy pain and went back to the ER. They determined I had a 5cm mass in my right tube. I was taken into surgery and they were able to save my tube. My only problem is I am getting my period for the first time after the surgery almost a month later and I have an achy abdomen. Is this normal? Before the EP I would just have slight cramping at the beginning and then be ok...  Do peoples cycles change completely due to the EP, or will it go back to normal eventually?
i am 21 and had an ectopic in feb. i was lucky that i am having both my tubes and my periods since then are absolutely normal but now i want to get pregnant. some of my friends advised me to have some kind of tubal ultrasound. i dont knw wht it is bt they say after that u wil com 2 knw if your tubes are open. i am scared of having another ectopic. please guide me. thanx alot
Hi, i had my right tube removed last wednesday. it was my second ectopic pregnancy, first i had metho. shot and it helped, unfortunatly, second time it didnt work out and i had to rush to ER AGAIN!!!! it was a nightmare, i am scared to have sex and get pregnant again, i am bleeding right now, and i feel very tired and my back hurts. And i am so depressed. i really feel for everybody who had the same problem, feel better everybody, lets hope it wont happen to us any more.
HI, i had an ectopic and had laparoscopy to remove my left tube. I started bleeding as soon as i started walking around, it was like old brown blood with a strong iron smell and i passed a few clots, and i had weird very painful cramps.It wasn't until i passed a huge blood clot that the pain went away.
One of the incicions from the surgery hurt a lot and felt really weird, but one week later i was fine, no more pain.
Then i forgot when i was supossed to have sex again, so one week later, me and my husband did, with condom of curse! I hope i dont get an infection? i feel so worried now i wish i waited longer. : (
Hello friends
I had an ectopic pregnancy operation on June 26th in which they removed my Left fallopian tube.. After 3 days of surgery bleeding started and it was there for 3 days.. I had call doctor to ask about this. She said its normal. I had an appointment with doctor a week later to c the stitches they had put during operation. It was fine and she informed that we can do sex a week later. Even though Doctor said im scared of doing sex and getting pregnant again. After one month of surgery my periods started . It was normal as before. Planning to do sex after couple of days..
All the best gals.. Please post the success stories which will boost our hopes.. :) Thank u.. :)
I just had surgery and I was wondering how long. After ur surgery do u stop bleeding? ??
Wow. I never knew so many woman that went through the same thing I did. I had a miscarriage and got pregnant again. Going to my 11 weeks I saw some blood and was concerned well after having a Ob and some exams found out I had a tubal pregnancy that was the size of a orange. My doctor called to the hospital and got me in surgery right away. I was bleeding internally and fast.
Well I was told it may be a small procedure but to expect them to take the whole right side out. I was so scared and when I finally woke up and came to after surgery I found out they had no choice. The doctor had to take my whole right side. I was devastated and sad they did it. I held on to God never blamed him for everything happens for a reason. The doctor told me I was a high case for it to happen again but if caught early it wouldn't go far as to surgery. I pray and hope I don't have to go through it again.  I know sometimes things may happen that are not fare or it seems all is slipping away. Stay close to God and if you don't now him grab a bible.

God Bless:)  I'm 3 weeks 4 days since my surgery its September 3, 2010. I have not yet started my period, but it should start after my body is done healing. Your body is more focused on healing and getting better since you went through so much pain physically, mentally and even with your hormonal changes from your pregnancy and even the loss of the baby. Don't gt me wrong it was so hard for me to go through. Since I do have a strong God, Boyfriend and Family I made it through.  
I had surgery on June 29 to remove my right tube due to an ectopic pregnancy. Until I had mine, I never realized how many other women out there were experiencing or had experienced the same thing i had. It was awful and sadly, should have been avoided. I had light spotting and brownish discharge about 6 weeks after my surgery. Today I started a much more normal period. I was told to wait 2 full cycles before TTC again. Any ideas on whether or not I should try this month or wait another month?
I appreciate you all sharing your stories and I wish nothing but the best for you all.
I had surgery for an ectopic pregnancy on sept 8. I had found out about it on aug. 27, and had the methotrexate shot. obviously it didn't work, and i had my right tube removed. I had my first normal period sept 24, but have not had one since. i dont feel like im pregnant again, but concerned i have not gotten it...
I too had an ectopic pregnancy on Dec.18.2010. I was told at 8 weeks that my baby was in my right tube. It was so devastating. I am 26 and this would have been my first child. I had heavy  bleeding for the first couple of days that lasted for maybe three days and light bleeding for about 2 days. I had no bleeding for the next week. Now it is the third week and I am noticing some spottinf. Is this normal. When should I expect my first cycle. I understand that everybody body is different.
Hello, ladies.  I had an EP last Friday.  The baby was 8wks along.  It ruptured my left tube, which had to be removed.  I began my cycle (spotting bright, normal red) the next day while still in the hospital.  By Monday, I was bleeding normally.  Today (Friday), I passed 3 huge blood clots that looked sea creatures.  The first was dark red.  The other two were bright red.  I haven't had any pain, although I am on some pretty heavy pain meds.

I believe that I am healing normally, as this would've have been the time for my normal cycle to occur. May prayers and positive energy surround us all.
Hi i just had an ectopic pregnancy surgery. thank God i found out on time and nothing was remove i was on birth control & i dint know till my doctor had to make a pregnancy test before prescribing some pills. Long story short. I do not wish to become pregnant any time soon. So does anyone know when i start on birth control?
I had an ectopic pregnancy in Sept. 2010 and had to have surgery to remove it and the right fallopian tube.  Before my EP, I had very normal periods coming every 29-32 days and lasting about 4-5 days in length.  After, I have had much heavier periods that last 5-7 days, but come every 28-29 days.  The consistancy of my period is different as well as the types of cramps.  I also never spotted before my period prior to the EP, but now spot every month about 2 days prior to the start of my period.  It is VERY light spotting and is usually just there when I wipe.  This cycle, which started with my period on Jan. 18th, has been different as well.  I have been spotting, just noticeable when I wipe, about 5-6 times since my period ended.  I just find this all a little weird because I have never experienced this in the past.  

I was hoping that since some of you have gone through some similar things in the past that you might be able to provide some insight into what to expect.  My husband and I started trying to conceive again in early December and we are very anxious to get pregnant again.  I appreciate any help you can give.  Thank you!!
hello all, im 27 years old, my husband and i had been trying for 5 years and finally it happened! then sadly on feb i was told it was eptopic. so i went for emergency surgery. i want to try again but im scared i will wait another 5 years and have the same heart break all over. i have been bleeding since my surgery...
I had an ruptured EP on 9th feb i was 11wks pregnant i was also unfortunate to have a miscarraige (miscarriage) 4 days earlier i was carrying 2 babies one had settled in the womb the other in my right tube which was removed.  Losing one was bad enough but then finding out i'd lost two i feel absolutely devasted. Its been five weeks and i still haven't had a period is this normal??
I had a live cornual EP (5.5 wks) removed, along with my right fallopian tube laparascopically on Feb 21.  I passed several very large blood (golf ball size) clots within the first 3 days, and bled for almost a week.  The first day, the blood was brown and had a strong smell, then bright red for the next 5-6 days.  I was off of work for 2 weeks due to discomfort and swelling.  The 2 small insertion points healed right away, but insertion below belly button is still sore and a little achy.  I have not had my period yet.  Glad I found this site - this was my first surgery (I'm 36), happy to know I am not alone.
I had ectopic pregnancy on March 21,2011, my right tube was removed. After that my period started on April 19th,  and today is May 18th but my period didn't start yet, and it's usually 26-28 days! could someone tell me why?
Hi I am 19yrs old.. Last Monday I found that I had an ectopic pregnancy.. So, I had to go in for surgery that same day.. 2 days ago(Friday May 19th) I started to bleed very slightly. Now, being 2 days later; I have heavier bleeding then I did on Friday. I called one of RN's at the hospital I had the surgery done at and she said that the bleeding is normal.. but, I am not sure if it is or not.. Does the bleeding sound like a normal period or does it sound like the uterus is just shedding?
I Recently found out I got pregnant naturally (I was waiting to start IVF). I was shocked and excited. My HCg and progesterone was perfect, becuase of previous loss I began to get caught up in the worry of losing my baby and stressing over the what if's. My pregnacy symptoms kept me in a comfort zone. I went to the ER (at 5 weeks) because of lower back discomfort (UTI). The ER dr. done an ultrasound and could not locate the baby, he said I may just be too early but I was hoping they could have atleast seen the sac in my uterus. I was told to follow up with my ob so I went the next day, they done another US and again said they can't locate the baby in my uterus. She then said we need to give a Methotrexsate shot because I could be in trouble soon. I refused because first of all my numbers were good and I had no pain. I waited a few days and then proceeded to get a second opinion, about 3 days later again not able to locate the baby I was sent to the ER to make provisions to remove the tube and baby. I requested the tube be removed because I did not want to ever have to re-visit having a perfectly normal viable baby that was just in the wrong spot.  During surgery the dr check my left tube which was very normal and patent. I said that is my chance so I was ok with having the right tube out. I am older 42 so my time is ticking. After surgery about 3 days later I starte cramping and heavy bleeding, very tender on the right side. I still have some pregnancy symptoms.
I am now almost three weeks post op and look forward to my next pregnancy journey real soon.  The hardest part was knowing my baby was alive when he had to go, I struggle with that daily (very tearful). Dr. said I can try again as soon as possible.
everyone goes through it different give yourself time to heal emotionally and physically. I am just ready to have my baby with my husband and I know in my heart it will soon come to be so.
hi! i'm 25 and i had ectopic pregnancy last mar17.. I didn't know that I was pregnant at 2months when i felt pain in my lower part. I was bleeding almost a month that time and spotting as well. I had check up, and doctor said I had infection, so I did ultrasound. Result showed it was ectopic and it was already ruptured. Operation followed immediately. They removed my right tube. I was so devastated because I really want to have a baby.. when I found out that I was pregnant at 2months and it had to be removed, it was really painful both physically and emotionally. After operation, my first period showed after 1 and a half month, and it lasted 1week! at first it was brownish, spotting. Then all of a sudden it was so heavy, so much blood and clots, i was afraid that all blood came out of me. I had to go to the washroom and change pad every hour or two. It stopped and after two weeks, I had my period again. Help! Does anyone have the same situation? I'm in my 3rd day of period now. I want to know if anyone has the same scenario as mine, and i would like to know as well if this is normal. I was not able to get my doctor because I'm now back to work and she was doing operation in other places and hospital.
Hi, im 24 I too had an ectopic pregnancy in my left tube, october 31st 2010. I was 9 weeks along. At first i bleed for a couple days after the surgery. I only recently had a proper period last month. It was the normal reddish color but lasted only for 4 days. Any time between the operation and now, i would spot or when wiping have a little bit of blood. I am wondering now how often i will get my period with having only one ovary and tube?? I would have been due now had things been different. But my partner and i are not giving up on trying again.
Thank God, i'm not the only one going through this, I'm 27 years old, and was on Mirena when this happened to me, It is sooo RARE to get pregnant while using mirena let alone an ectopic pregnancy.  I read 12 out of 10,000 people have an ectopic pregnancy while using mirena.  I as well had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy four weeks in and they had to do emergency surgery to remove my left tube, 3 weeks after surgery, and i'm having the heaviest period of my life, its running down my legs nonstop!  I really hope its not going to last for a long time.  
I had a etopic preg removed in april this year, i have had normal periods for three months since however i have noticed that my period is lighter one month and heavier the next i suspect its brcause of not bein able to ovulate one month! I will say this that this has been the hardest ghing iv ever had to go through i cant get over it and i hope that all of you facing this sentence can find happiness again and im so sorry for your loss
hi im 23 and on the 15th of november had surgery to remove my right tube im currently waiting for a period  and would really like one now so i can feel normal how long does it take or is it just a waiting game im very sorry for any one that has had to go through this! im still in shock from it all as it has all been a bit serial?
I too suffered an ectopic pregnancy : (  when my doc couldnt find the pregnancy in my uterus, ovaries and tubes he was so quick to offer the metho. shot,but i chose to wati a few days and get a 2nd opinion. On 11/30/11 i just wanst feeling good so i went to the ER, and sure enough thru a vag ultrasound we heard the little heart beat and i knew then that i was over. Got the metho. shot with no surgery. After getting the metho. shot i was concerned about what would happen to me next (meaning bleeding, cramps, or whatever) and my OB said i would see mild signs of a period because the lining in my uterus had to shed. so for the 1st 2 weeks i didnt have anyting going on, then i started spotting which turned into heavy bleeding within that 1st week. So im laying in bed and my stomach is HURTINGGG and i tried passing gas and that didnt work and i figured i had to make a bowl movement, so i tried and that helped a little. So im still in the bathroom and felt the need to push and not sure what it was, but i passed sumthin from my vagina. TWICE!!! i had an appt with my OB the next day anyway and he said it was prob my placenta (although the look on his face was in total shockkk since he said i wouldnt pass anytihng). I bled for about another week and 2 days then it stopped. So im still waiting for my regular cycle to start, but im not in a rush to try again!! too disappoiting!! Does anyone know when it should start? Jus wanna get back to normal!
I had my left tube removed Jan. 13 and I bled a few days after. I've read that doesn't count as a period, so I still have yet to have one. I have been searching online for something to tell me whether or not that was normal
i had already gone with operation of having ectopic pregnancy last feb 27, 2012....after 3 days with my operation i had spotting with brown color...and after 5 days i suffered abdominal pain.i cannot moved my legs and my doctor give me a pain reliever and it relieves the pain after 2 hours when i am urinating there is 2x3 size of blood just like a whole blood.the doctor said maybe its my day of menstrual period and after that the  spotting  is there but after 7 days no more spotting..im now on healing period with the bruise...hope no more abnormalities occur...tnx
Does anyone know how long the hgc hormone stays in your body? I had a ectopic pregnancy , and had to have my right tube removed exactly 3 weeks ago! My hgc and protestorne levels were really low, and I was wondering if it is possible that I could have had a period even when I was pregnant because of low levels , or how long the hgc shows up in your body because I'm having pregnancy symptoms and have had sex 5 times in the last 4 weeks and just tested positive for a home pg test! Could it just be left from ectopic preg even though it has been 3 weeks and the levels were already really low then?
Justwanted to congradulate you on your baby thats great news :) So im going through what you went through, i just had an ectopic pregnancy & had surgery & als lost my right tube. I wanted that baby more thananythingbutnow that i read your story i have hope i will be able to have a baby. I was wondering how long was your recovery & how long did you wait to get pregnant again, did you take any meds, have treatment??? Sorry for all my questions im just in need for some relief i guess :/
My story sounds like all of yours. my right tube was removed n now im on my second period since surgery and im havin extreme sharp pain on my right lower abdomen. my question is does this get better? ive always had terriable periods now its way worse! Also what will i feel like if i get pregos again? any help would be amazing thanks!
I have had an ectopic back in March 21st 2012 had my left tube removed....In April i received a period which was my first, since then my cycle has been very unpredictable. I have had another on June 30th which lasted for 5 days bringing the period into the month of July. It is now August and nothing....Am wondering is this normal?
I just had lapararoscopy done on Sunday due to ectopic pregnancy.. It's been 4 days since and now I'm feeling crampy and have slight bleeding when I pee. I was just wondering is it normal or posible to get your period just days later after laparoscopy?
I had to have my right tube removed as well back in July the 27th to be exact here it is October and I have seen a period yet can someone explain to me why is that?
Hi all- I am 30 and my husband & i just married in March & had just decided to try to concieve (conceive).  I had an ruptured ectopic pregnancy on sept. 15th, 2012 and had to have my left tube removed.  Last period cycle was end of July...I had to be about 6-7weeks preg and I had been cramping for days and thought i was going to get my period but found out I was pregnant due to cramping in my stomach and decided to get a home preg test done since my aunt flow hadnt came.  The cramping continued as i happilu announced i was pregnant to all.  I asked around if cramping was normal and my sisnlaw said everyone is different.  Unfortunately a week and a half of good news became bad...that Saturday Sept. 15th from 2-6 I began having sharp uncomfortable pain from my stomach to my rear end and was in & out of consciencenous...ambulance was called & i was rushed to ER.  They did a quick ultrasound and told me my liver was swimming in blood & neede emergency surgery to remove the blood and my left tube.  I had loss alot of blood and needed about 4units before surgery.  They knocked me out for an hour of surgery... I came to and tthey told me  I was going to be just fine. Spent 2 days in the hospital til discharged and was on pain meds.  Bled for a few days but it wasnt like a regular period- was told it was normal.   Finally 44days after surgery I got my period and the cycle has just ended today.  I am glad to be almost back to normal and will try to concieve (conceive) again in the next few weeks with hopes that everything will go well axcording Gods' will for us.  Greatful to be alive. -Jamie
I just recently went through a ectopic pregnancy in my right tube and was removed via laproscopy (spelling?) Three days ago. They removed my right tube and a cyst the size of a golf ball off of my overy... the question I'm asking is when should I expect my next period? Will it be normal? When does the pain stop?... my ob/gyn said I can have another child since my left side was in perfect condition... I already have one child but me and myhusband want another... where do I begin knowing I ovulated?
Hi, I m 27yrs and had no idea I was pregnant,  but got used to the idea of being 6weks pragnent. When I went for an ultrasound,  I found out I had an ectopic pregnancy and had to go for surgery immediately. Along with my laparotomymy of ectopic pregnancy, I had my right tube removed?  

It's been 3weeks since my surgery and I want to know when will I get my periods and how iften will I het them cause my rt tube has been removed and is the pain as severe as the pain I used to feel during the pregnancy? Finally,  Does it get easier with time?
My partner doesn't understand why at times I cry for no apparent reason, and I sometimes cry when he isn't around. I don't have anyone who understands what I m going through and it kills me.

No women deserves to go through such pain and suffering
hi.. i undergone ectopic pregnancy operation on april 11, it was ruptured and blood clots. i didnt experience bleeding but my tummy slightly pain when i touch it. is it normal? it feels like contusions at outer skin..
I hope you are feeling better now, but thought I'd reply in case anyone else looked for answers.  I had that too following my surgery and when I saw the surgeon about it and the fact that I was still so sore and swollen there, he said it was because there is still blood in the abdominal cavity.  When they operated on me they basically tipped me up so all the blood that was in there from the rupture went toward the top of the ribcage.  Then when they close you up, although they try and suck up all the blood, they miss some, so it gradually comes back down again which doesn't help with the tenderness and swollenness. Sorry for the lovely image I've created there!
hi I'm new tu this n I had surgery this month on the second I had a lap also n got my tubes blown out tu help us conceive he also found adhension (scar tissu) I didn't bleed fa long just the day of my surgery on tha fouth of July I decided tu start having intercourse, I started tu bleed heavy I bleed for five or six days, July 19th I had sexual intercourse n I began to bleed again n have lower back pain, I just left the ER they diagnosed me with viginal bleeding, n to see a doctor ASAP did I do something wrong, did I mess my chance up for getting pregnant???