Mid-Cycle bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Mid-Cycle bleeding

Hi I am 30 years old and we have been trying to get pregnant since the last one year. My cycles are very regular (28 days). Recently, I started bleeding on the 15th day after the start of my previous cycle. Today is day 18 and I am still bleeding. Its not heavy bleeding like my periods, neither is it brown or light pink. Its bright red. I do go through one pad a day. We had intercourse on day 14. I am really worried. I have never had this happen before. What could this be? Please help. Thanks
I had a similar situation when we were TTC.  From what I know this is normal for some women when they are ovulating to spot.  However you can have spotting with ovarian cysts as well.  If you don't get pregnant this month I would go see the Dr. and see if he would do an U/S to rule out ovarian cysts.  Again, it is very normal to spot during ovulation.
mid-cycle bleeding probably should be checked out by your doctor.  probably nothing, but why take a chance?
Thanks for you comments. I had an HSG in feb but at that time there were no cysts on my ovary. What are the chances that I have developed the cyst now?
If it's just a few drops here and there, I don't think it is necessary to go to the emergency room unless you are in pain. I would trust your gyno--they deal with all sorts of issues and probably have a better handle on something you should take immediate action on versus something that can wait a few days when they can see you.
I was really scared with my spotting, especially with all the information on the web about cervical cancer and my gyno said those kinds of things have to be taken into context.
You'll be fine, especially if you have an appointment very soon.
Hi its day 4 and I am still bleeding...a few drops in the morning and a few in the afternoon. Then I dont bleed the entire rest of the evening and all night...and then the cycle starts again..I called my Gyne twice but she does not want to do anything untill a couple more days and then wants me to go draw a progesterone level. I am really worried and dont know what to do. Should I go to the ER?
I just went to the gyno about this yesterday. I have mid cycle spotting every few months during ovulation and sometimes a few days after. She said it was normal. Also, I have a smaller frame and sometimes people who are lighter or heavier are more suceptible to spotting in between periods.
Thanks itsok. I really appriciate your help. I am getting my progesteron level checked on Monday per my Gyne. Lets see what happens.