Women's Health Community
Mid back pain with Bowel Movement
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mid back pain with Bowel Movement

Female, 36 years old, no kidney problems in family history.
11/05 had a stabbing pain in my right upper-mid back area for a few hours and it went away. Few days later as I was going to the bathroom I had a sharp pain in my upper-mid LEFT area for just a few seconds. Everyone said I passed a kidney stone. 12/05 sharp stabbing pain came back in the upper mid Right of my back, went to ER, said I traces of blood in my urine but no kidney stones. Went to regular doctor they did ultra sound on kidneys, gall bladder, spline, just about everything and said it was normal. Now once in a while since 3/06 I get a dull pain, same spots in my back, mostly on the left side while having a bowel movement, sometimes when just urinating. I have also been experiencing severe gas pains. I had a pap smear in 12/05 that was normal and a colonoscopy in 10/05 that was normal. I have no idea if this is even kidney pain or if the back and the gas pains are related. The gas pains are more severe right before my period.
Could these be related? Colon Cancer in family and my Mother recently had surgery on her small intestine because of blockage. Doctots say everything is normal, is dull back pain once in a while normal while having a BM???
Thanks