Mid-cycle or implant bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Mid-cycle or implant bleeding

I had my normal cycle (March 19th - 22nd)  then about a week later I think (March 29th- April 2nd) I started bleeding again and felt like a normal period but was slightly heavier than normal for 2 days.  Then 2 weeks later (16 April - 20th April) I had my period again (again it was normal).

I am pregnant now after missing my last period which was due May 15th.

I had the slightest bit if spotting a week after my missed period (21st May) which I thought was implantation bleeding.

I never used to keep track of when I ovulated, but since finding out I was pregnant I have obviously looked at the approx dates of when I do, which is usually the end of the month does any one know why I may have had a period in-between cycles or if it may have been implantation bleeding?

I have looked everywhere for answers and I think it may be breakthrough bleeding as it was too heavy to be implantation bleeding I think, and I was ovulating when the mid-cycle began.

The reason I am confused is because I am obviously pregnant (11 week due Jan 21st) and the conception date is around the 30th April which was when I was ovulating again and I know I had unprotected sex during that time also.

I do have my scan next week so I will get a clearer idea but would like to know if any one has any ideas in regards to the mid-cycle bleeding, so then I am not panicking that I may be further along than I am.
I did have unprotected sex before my period in march as well, 4 days before it was due to be precise, but wasn't ovulating at that time if the ovulating calculator I have used is accurate
The intermenstrual bleeding can be due to hormonal imbalance. Other causes can be hormonal imbalance(can be due to PCOS),hypothyroidism,cigarette smoking or underlying Chlamydia infection while on birth control, ectopic pregnancy.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.