Mild cramps after period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Mild cramps after period

Hi All -

I am 41 and in good health overall.  I was taking prometrium  
to regulate my cycle and ease mood swings.  I went off that in about October because my Mom was diagnosed with Breast cancer.  My cycles were pretty much right at 28 days.  Now they vary a little between 24 and 29 days.  A couple of cycles I have had light spotting 4 or 5 days before my period and start mild cramping up to a week before.  A week before my last period (march 4th) I got a discharge that was a little more than usual. It was white and had no odor or anything.  My period ended on about the 11th, but I continued to feel a little crampy and slightly bloated.  The best way to describe it is I am "aware" of my uterus.  I wouldn't describe it as pain, but like a mild feeling like still having my period.  I was at the gyn about a year ago and was told I have fibroids, could this be the cause of this?  Since it was a year since my last trip to the gyno, I am going next week for my normal exam. I just wanted to throw out this to the forum before I went.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all?  Has anyone ever had a similar experience?
I think fibroids will cause the discomfort and spotting.  I'm not sure though.  I get premenstrual spotting, but I have never had menstrual cramps.
Hello,  I am 41 also and have been experiencing the same thing.  I have been getting my period 1 week early every month so about 23 days apart.  i started on the 6th of march and ended on the 11th then started having cramps and spotting on the 15th and woke up the next morning with cramps but stopped bleeding or spotting.  all my thyroid tests and sugar tests came back normal.  i am goin in on monday for a plevic ultra sound to see if i have fibroids.  my mom had them also.  they said if i do then i will need to get a dnc and that should help.
the fibroids confuse our uterus into thinking its going to start our period.  any way i hope this helped you should talk to your dr.  good luck. oh and yes fibroids can cause cramping and spotting or bleeding.
i have the same thing cramps after period.  never had that before.

http://theinternetbiz.com
jacob watches
I am experiencing the same thing.  Last day of my period was July 6th 2009. I have been tired and cramping for three days after it stopped.  I have an OB appointment this next Tuesday I will let you know what she says.

Jamie
i need help... I had  sex intercourse during my third day of  my period and my period stop the next day..so 10 days later on i started to have cramps as if i were in my period...i don't think that i may be pregnant because i took the EPT test the other day and it turn out to be negative... So please give me an answer please i dont know what am i gonna do..i dont want to take any medication to harm the baby if i am pregnant...Please give me an answer asap.