Minor Labial Injury

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Minor Labial Injury

I have had a little bit of an accident in the bedroom, long story short, I have ended up with a graze to the inside of my left labia majora.  I did not notice any pain at the time and neither of us noticed the minor bloodshed.  As I showered I did notice considerable swelling and discomfort in applying water.  I woke up the next day (today) to find that the swelling had gone down a little and there was no more blood and instead an off-coloured fluid in my pantyliner.  What is bothering me the most is that I am in a great deal of discomfort in sitting down in certain (most) positions and also in urinating, and removing my underwear to do so.  I am confident that it is just a graze and that the area is just raw, however it is uncomfortable none the less.  I am wondering as to whether anyone would know of any at home treatments that I could do to ease the discomfort.  I so far, I have considered having a warm bath and then apply aloe vera to the area.  Is this general practice in treating such a thing?  Or does anyone have any other advice.
Try rubbing some antibiotic cream on the area. For any physical injury it kills bacteria and stops the pain/rash they cause, and speeds healing.
Ouch! : ) Im not sure about what you can put on it as the genital area is very sensitive and you might cause more irritation. But I suggest keeping the area clean and dry and to wear loose cotten undies and avoid tight jeans or anything that is restricting to your groin. If it doesnt heal up soon I would advise to see your doctor as it could be/get infected.