Women's Health Community
Mirena Crash
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mirena Crash

Has anyone heard of/experienced the Mirena crash? I had my IUD taken out on 8-15-11 and as on today 9-16-11 I have not had a cycle at all. I had one day of very light spotting.Since the Mirena has been taken out, I have gained almost 15 pounds and have horrible acne and mood swings. I have never had acne at all, I will turn  28 in October. I have not changed my diet at all, I still go to the gym 5 times a week and I have tried every face wash and over the counter cream on the market. I called my OB and the nurse said its the hormones going nuts. I have seen on forums most women experience these symptoms when the IUD is inserted not upon removal. I have had it for 2 and a half years without a singe symptom.Can someone please tell me what is happening and why. I have an appointment with my doctor next week.Also I did take a home pregnancy test, just in case something crazy happened, and the results were negative. Please help!!!