Mirena and weight gain?
Hi I got my mirena anout 6 weeks ago. I choose this because I gain so much weight on pills and I got preg because I would stop the pills to try to lose weight. I always gain 5 or so # with my period and drop it the day I start to bleed, but I havn't dropped the weight and its been two weeks. Plus I'm still working on the 80 # I gained being preg. HELP, I rock climb and do triathalons and extra weight really affects me (mentally and physically).
guess I need a question for everyone to respond to? anyone else have weight gain with mirena and if so did it go away? Thanks
I did not have any weight gain with the mirena. I have two friends who also did not gain weight with the mirena and one friend who said she had weight gain from mirena, but I don't know if it was that or that her lifestyle changed.
I had Mirena implanted in April, and have since gained 5 pounds as of now. I exercise 3-4 times a week and try to eat healthy, but the weight loss that I was doing so well with before has come to a halt. Although I have fallen off of my diet a bit, it should not have resulted in this gain as I have kept of the exercise and even notched it up here lately. Seems like weight piles on more easily. Also, I think costant water retention plays a large part in the gain. I feel so bloated! I'm still on the fence as to whether or not this thing is going to have to come out!

I'VE HAD THE MIRENA IN 3 YEARS I JUST GOT IT REMOVED OCT 7TH..... AND I LOVED THE MIRENA IT'S JUST THAT I HAVE GAINED SO MUCH WEIGHT IT'S NOT CUTE..TOO ME AT ALL AND I KNOW FOR A FACT IT'S THE MIRENA BECAUSE THE MIRENA IS JUST LIKE DEPO..THEY MAKE UR BODY THINK IT'S PREGNANT THAT'S WHY WE HAVE NO CYCLES AND U TEND TO START EATING FOR 2 AND UR NOT PREGNANT...SOOO I'M WAITING TO SEE A CHANGE IN MY BODY AND ALSO I'M TRYING FOR MY 2ND CHILD....SO I'P;; KEEP U ALL POSTED..