Mirena coming out, painful

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Mirena coming out, painful

I've had the mirena coil fr a few months uv been bleeding bad last two weeks or more and just literally half hour ago I noticed the strings are hanging right out n it's actually hanging out but I couldn't pull it out, in afraid of leaving it as it is but I can't pull it out what do I do?
You need to get a pelvic examination done from your gynecologist and get the Mirena taken out or inserted again. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

The mirena is actually coming out  all the string is right out I felt for them before and couldn't feel anything , it's only past few weeks my bleeding has been like normal but then a few times a day very painful and heavy and in gushes like when ur waters break , the actual thing is comin out I can feel the bottom of the t hanging out actually touch it x
You seem to be having the symptoms of metrorrhagia(heavy periods). Various factors causing it are endometriosis,ectopic pregnancy,hormone imbalance,endometrial hyperplasia,polyps,use of IUD’s and depo shots, sexually transmitted diseases,PCOS and benign and malignant pathologies of the uterus. It may be due to the IUD in your case.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

krichar commented on photo
1 hr ago
KTowne Little man is getting stron... Comment
Day 113
8 hrs ago by sicraw
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals