Mirena for non-mothers?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Mirena for non-mothers?

I'm 17 and have the Mirena. I've heard it is the best form of birthcontrol, but after almost a year of having it, I've gained major weight, acne, moodiness, and pretty much all the sideffects that come with the Mirena. I'm wondering if it is because I haven't had a child yet and the Mirena is mainly for mothers, or do I just have really crappy luck.
Please let me know. I'm thinking of getting a different birthcontrol... Any suggestions? The weight gain is what is really killing me.

Thanks.
i was on mirena as well and had the same things happen. i switched to tro-cyclen low and that helped alot better
Did you gain any weight? Because I have a terrible metabolism, but I workout all the time. The weight just doesn't come off with the mirena.
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
AppleBr commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals