Mirena vaginal itching
I had the Mirena inserted 2 months ago since then I have had major vaginal itching, constant bleeding, and menstruation that lasted 10 days with severe cramping.  THe doctor keeps telling me it is not from the Mirena but I have lost countless hours of sleep since it was inserted and I am sure it is that.  My doctor says I do not have any infection and there is no discharge when I am not bleeding.  SHould I have it removed?
Maybe your having an allergic reaction to it? If the probelm started when you got it, I would have it removed, but that's just my opinion. I am allergic to everything, and my body doesn't like foreign objects, that's why I never got an IUD.
I have the itching too.  Its so annoying. I noticed you posted this about a year ago. Did you get the mirena taken out? Or did the itching subside?
I also have vaginal itching/burning that seems to occur on a regular basis.  I don't have a period anymore, since having the Mirena inserted, but I still have cramps that are hard enough to make me catch my breath for about 3-4 days a month.  During those 3-4 days I also have muscle spasms in my lower back and EXTREME vaginal itching/burning.  I don't, however, have any bleeding anymore except some light spotting from time to time.  My doctor has said it can't possibly be the Mirena, but I didn't have this problem before having it put in.  Now I just have to decide if I want to put up with very heavy menstrual cycles or put up with the severe cramping and itching every month.
I had mine put in a week ago and it started the day after the insertion.  I've been treated for a yeast infection and herpes (which I am positive for but have never had an outbreak) but apparently it is neither of those things because I am still living in my own little personal he ll.  I have a brown discharge which burns my vulva but the whole exterior of my vagina burns and itches, sometimes so badly that I take leftover narcotic pain pills I have in my medicine cabinet. Tomorrow is Saturday. I am going to see if my doc has hours and if he does I am going to ask him to remove it.