Mirena

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Mirena

I' had the mirena coil put in 6 weeks ago and have felt awful since I think I've got every side effect going! I feel tired all time I'm bloated I'm spotty I'm bleeding constantly i get quite painful cramps my hair is falling out like mad my eczema and psoriasis has flaired up terrible which is bad enough on its own as I have guttate psoriasis , it feels a lot like the later stages of pregnancy without the bump , has anyone else got this problem? Or any advice on what to do about it? X
These can be the side effects of Mirena. It should get better in a few weeks. If they persist then you may need to consult a gynecologist and get Mirena coil taken out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I still have it in no change so far I know they say 3 to 6 months but by time that comes round I think ill be bald! Plus I was never told bout any of these side effects I was told it would get rid of my periods n that it was the only contraceptive that wouldn make me put on weight, err......wrong! X