Miscarriage and want to try again

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Miscarriage and want to try again

I had a natural miscarriage in early may, and i had sort of a period staight after, and now i just had finished my proper period and would like to start again, if i started my period on the 3rd when is the best date to have sex? PS: how likely am I to miscarry again?
Usually two weeks after you started your period, if you have a normal 28 day cycle.  I've heard the best way to try is to have sex every other day if you're unsure of when you're ovulating.

I really like www.mymonthlycycles.com  You can track your period on it and it also have ovulation calculators and things like that.  I've also heard fertilityfriend is a good site.

As far as the chances of miscarrying again...it probably depends on the reason for the first miscarriage.  A lot of pregnancies end in very early miscarriages and then couples don't have any trouble after that.
Well, I wish I didn't have to post this story as I was on this forum before siding with not waiting after having had 1 miscarriage. I had an early m/c end of May after getting pregnant mid April, with no need for D & C. I tracked my ovulation and knew dates mid June so went for it again even though people told me to wait. No one had research to back up waiting and b/c I'm 36 years old I was more concerned about risks waiting - like risk of m/c just due to being older, risk of fertility problems, risk of having a baby with Downs etc. So I figured that all outweighed the small risk of having a 2nd miscarriage just b/c I had one. Some books said doctors often say to wait 2 to 3 months but no research to back it up. So, I went ahead. Earlier this week I felt nauseous so took pregnancy test and it was positive, which made me so happy b/c I was sad about first m/c. But then last night bleeding and cramps all over again so I had hcg level checked and sure enough another m/c. My medical provider seemed upset with me today but I don't regret trying, but surely am sad and disappointed it didn't work. Even though I feel the same way about the risks, I guess this time I will try to wait at least 1 to 2 months. So, everyone's story is different but if you can wait until after one normal period, I'd wait. If not, just be prepared if it happens again though maybe you'll be lucky and have a normal pregnancy right away! Good luck!
Thank you ladies for your input, my hormone levels went down to 8 about a few days after my bleeding started, and that was supposed to be like week 5.3 of my pregnancy and my highest hormone level was 200 so i guess maybe it didnt develop from the start, i thing because it took me like 6months to fall pregnant, i will have sex from now on, but i will not be desperate to fall pregnant straight away
I don't know where to start as I just miscarried on Sunday for the 3rd time.  what is really great is that my oldest is almost 6, and my youngest is 15 mos.  Through experience, whether you wait 2 mos, 3 mos, 6 mos, if the body is aborting a pregnancy, then there is something wrong, with you or the baby.  I suffer from low progesterone at early stages of pregnancy.  I miscarried twice in between the two and just miscarried and had to take progesterone with each pregnancy.  this last pregnancy (or miscarry) I was on progesterone and carried the pregnancy for over three weeks.  My point... the body has a way of taking care of itself.
As far as when to try again... after speaking with my physician today, she recommends no intercourse for 6 weeks, waiting for the hcg levels to go back to normal (0)--I still have traces (I am at 35)and waiting at least 3 months before trying again... my 1st miscarraige (miscarriage), I was told to wait 6 months (by another physician).  FYI, after my 2nd miscarry, I did wait 6 months and immediately got pregnant and had my second child (although had to have progesterone therapy).
I just switched from seeing a midwife to an MD today and the doctor told me there is no reason to wait after having one or two miscarriages, though the midwife had told me it was my fault for having had a 2nd m/c b/c I didn't wait after the first one. People say wait 3 months or more but there is no research to back this up. Today the doctor told me if you can wait until after you have one period following a m/c then wait that one month. FYI for those discussing waiting after a m/c.
This is true for early m/c anyway, as with later ones your body needs time to recover and go back to normal. If your hcg level is back not being pregnant and you ovulate, then you can get pregnant again. If you m/c again, then maybe test things to see why but waiting isn't go to prevent it but only delay it from happening.
Good luck!