Missed Cycle. But Feels like Normal Cramps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Ok. I missed my cycle a wk ago. But i thought i was gonna start on time. because ive been having cramps in my tummy and down there. Like a normal period. But none. No bleeding or nothing.All my friends keep telling to take a pregnancy test but im very scard to. Cause I've been trying for a yr to get pregnant and everytime i think im pregnant no luck. Can any one give me some advice.
I'm also having pain by my ovaries.?
Thank you
Lilian
You should take a test!  I had cramps too before I found out 3 weeks ago that I am pregnant!  I also thought I was getting my period.  That is definitely a sign!  It is better to find out now so you can have your hcg levels checked to make sure levels are going up!  Good luck!
I'm making a doctors appt. After i get back from wisconsin. On Tuesday with the holiday and all. Because not only the missed period is worrying me . It's the pain by my ovaries its been getting so bad. That when i get it i have to stand still for 10 mins to let it pass. And it happens a good 4 times a day.Very scary. specially since my mother has had so many problems in her past. And when it comes down to me and my mother were identical in the medical field.
I had period like cramps as one of my first pregnancy symptoms in all 3 of my pregnancies
Hey there i had an eptopic removed through surgery Aug 22 and the pain in my side was so excruciating that nothing would make it go away and found out that the pain can come and go which had been happening for a couple of days before so please dont wait if the pain is bad eptopic pregs that rupture can cause serious damage even death. I dont want to scare you but i want you to be ok. Good luck.
Don't be afraid to take a pregnancy test this time.  I had cramps like crazy and sore breasts when I thought I was going to have my period, but never came, so after 2 weeks or so I took HPT and it's a BFP!  And follow the advice of friends here because it could be an ectopic pregnancy, I hope it's not... you just never know.
Thank you
Ok. So i went to the store today and bought pregnancy test ,2 came in the same box. they both came up postitive.. but they were faint lines and both.. So still not quite for sure.. but im still gettin cramps..what is goin on..
Lilian
Try using another brand.  That's what I did with mine, and both came out positive.
and oh! congratulations!  if it's a positive, you probably are pregnant!  Good luck!
I have been having the same cramping and I am almost a week late but sometimes it goes into my legs. Has anyone ever had this happen? I also have a very high cervix, it wont drop, and I have lots of cervical mucus.
hey ladies,I've been pregnant twice,1st ectopic,then miscarriage in august 2007,now my period is late 6 days,i do have bad cramps and white discharge,im so scared to take the test because everytime i do take one i get so sad cause its negative,i see most of you guys had period cramps but pregnant right?
ok, I have been trying for years.  Just had polyp removed.  Been tracking 28 cycle since Jan.  Feel cramps, shooting pain in ab, but nothing else. This is day 30 of cycle, usually on morning of 28, i start.  this time nothing.  Scared, because I've had late before, but this time I feel quite certain.  just scared to even look down. Want it so bad.  How long should I wait it out before testing?
Hi Ladies. I have been trying for the longest to get pregnant and the stories I am reading sound so familiar. I am late on my period and I have these bad cramp pains down in my lower abdominal area as if I am going to start my period and nothing. Its been going on for a couple weeks and still no period. I also have my breast hurting and sensitive to touch. But yet I am scared to take a test to see if I am pregnant and then it shows im not. Happened to me before but these symptoms are new to me so I don't know. What do you ladies think?
Ok the breast hurting sounds like you may be pregnant...but the best thing to do is go for a blood test ... you should not be scared be sure becuz seems like you are having symptoms which you never had before so you may be preg this time... Good Luck!!!
i have cramps that go down my legs every time im on my period...it *****!
hi ladies.I have been trying for the longest to get pregnant  but never do....i had to get my period on the 29 of this month but i didn't...i've been geting cramps like if i'm but it doesn't come + my breast have been hurting 2.... i'm always peeing like never before n i even get up in the mild of the night to pee and i even feel like thouging up but i dont...but it really seem really wried to me becuz im always on time with my period......WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Ok....heres the things...ive been searching the internet trying to find answers...i am very regular with my periods... every 28-30 days and it lasts for about 6-7 days.... My husband and I do not use any form of birth control, just the withdrawal method. We have become professional with this way :) However I am about 4 days late but im experiencing all the sings of PMS. My nipples and breasts were really tender, food cravings, and sore a few days ago but now im experiencing bad cramps in my lower back and of coarse my lower stomach...also! finals for school are coming up so i dont know if its because im stressing over finals or if im really pregnant??? what do u guys think> thanks
Iama a student n finals r right now.  I'm five days late bt I have cramps that become more frequent every day added to my lateness. I took a test n got a negative not sure if its stress or Iam really pregnant. I don't really feel stressed out. Is it to soon to tell? How long should I wait to go to the doctor?
I am having the same issue. My period is late and I took a test yesterday and it had a line that was  dark pink and a faint line that was light pink...I am cramping like my period is coming but there is no sign of it no where...
I just lost my baby at 6 weeks on Christmas Eve, I am very sad. I was so excited I gave my mother a box full of baby things that said I love Grandma earlier this week. It happened so fast. I woke up on Christmas Eve and there was pink mucus, so I just thought the baby was settling. I continued on my day to go shopping for last minute things. Later feeling little cramping, I decided to go home and rest. I knew something wasn't right, I no longer had Breast tenderness. I stopped by a restaurant to get a sandwhich, and had to use the bathroom. There I wiped and there was Brown Blood. Once I got home I laid down and began to have sharp cramping. I wiped it was Red blood. I knew something was wrong then I passed clots. I was then rushed to ER and was told I had a miscarriage and there was no baby or heartbeat on U/S. This Christmas 2009 was a very Sad Christmas for me and my family.

God Bless, you all!!
2Sad for X-mas
my name is amber..i am 19 and married... i had the same thing happen to me. in feburary of 2009 i found out i was 5 wks preg. we were so happy when we found out..now this took me and my husband 3 years to do... it was after st. patties day that i found out..i was scared that from all the drinking and smoking that that would never happen but it did. anywho we found out that we were pregant and made a first doctors apt. then the swine flu virus hit and i didnt make it to my appt. cuz i didnt want to catch it for me and the babys health.. then i made another apt. about 2 weeks later.. 2 days before my apt. my husband was at work and i got these mild cramps in my stomach like you i went to the bathroom and wiped and there was blood..i was all alone in my house and i stayed on the toilet until my husband came home 2 hours later to take me to the hospital .. we were in the hospital for 2 hours before they did an ultrasound to tell me that there was no baby in there.. it was 4 hours before i went home and i lost the baby easter morning... some holidays do suck but dont get your hopes down it is now january almost a year later and i am 5 days late and cramping .. idk whats going on but we are hoping we are pregnant again:D dont lose faith all good things come with time..
hey ladies :) I'm the proud mother of a healthy, bouncy 5-yr-old red headed girl. When I got pregnant with her, the only sign at all was a slight ache & pinch in my upper uterus for the first 2 weeks. I got a negative on my test for almost 2 weeks AFTER I missed my period, & then the line was faint for another week. I was certainly pregnant (had a painful, awful miscarriage the prior month-could see the embrionic sack & placenta...cried so hard) but she wasn't announcing her existence very loudly. I spent the whole pregnancy with minimal breast tenderness & absolutely no stitch of nausea. I spent 48 hrs in labor but due to fentanyl, felt not one single contraction. make no mistake, my belly was as big as a house! I finally gave birth to a whopping 8.5 lb girl, healthy as a horse! I guess I'm trying to say that sometimes, pregnancy is weird & different from woman to woman. If I hadn't been watching for it, it would have been a long time before I even suspected it. sometimes there are just no signs. My mom had a full-blown period with me. She tested positive, had the heavy period, but I stuck around. She also said she had no symptoms but got obnoxiously huge.
Hi I am new to this kind of thing but I was due on, on the 17th Jan 2010 I know that was a while ago but let me explain....... the weekend after I was due on I started bleeding, I had done 4 tests altogether, 2 on the tuesday which were negative and the other 2 on thursday that were positive but faint. On the night of the 23rd of Jan 2010 I started bleeding pink stuff as I would call it, and by the sunday morning I was bleeding but it was lighter then my normal period.
I went to the doctors on tuesday the 26th jan and he said I was most likely to be misscarrying but there could have been a chance that I was just bleeding. I had a blood test done and results come back negative but I still feel as if i'm pregnant, having lots of symptoms like tiredness, feeling sick, cravings and and soreness of the boobs. Me and my husband have been trying for over a year now and i'm not sure if I should do a test or not, I dont want to be disapointed but I really need to know, has this happened to anyone else, PLEASE give me some advice as I dont know what to think
Thanks Vix xx
i was due on my period almost a week ago and i feel like i should be getting my period, with all the stomach cramps and breast tenderness... i'm also finding that i'm feeling a little sick all day during the day... could this be stress to college and exams? or could i be pregnant?

advice please.
Im so glad i found this..My Doc told me to start taking prenatal pills and i have for 2 months.  I have been ttc for a year now and well i just missed my period. My last Cycle was on April 13, 2010. I have had really no symptoms, just cramping here and  lower back aches and sleepy all the time.It has been 6 years still the last time i was pregnant and i dont really remember it, since i didnt keep the baby. I have not test yet so i would not just my hopes up. Im trying so hard to wait til next month to see if i get my period.
Im in the same situation , last month i had unprotected sex and 10 days later i had my period ( which was almost a week earlier than my expected period)  .. but it was shorter and more spotty than usual. and now this month i was due to start 5 days ago &nothing yet. i have cramps like my period is here But Nothing! .. and ive been having slight nausea and have been napping all week .. which i never do ;/ ..i know these can be signs of your period coming but i was just wondering if anyone else has experiences the same thing & found out they were pregnant? :)
Ok so I had my last period on the 8th of Oct. Well ive been having cramps but no sign of a period. my cycle is usually 28days long and now im a little scared me and my boyfriend want kids but not till we get married which is set to be a year away. can this be  a sign of anything else besides being pregnant? Im going to take a test in the morning so ill let you know how it goes......
so i posted a couple of days ago. i was having cramps and no period. well i went to the doctors today and told them that I had missed my period but i strongly believed that i wasnt pregnant. Well they did the test. She turned around and said its positive. Well then i argued with her that she was wrong and asked for another test and she told me that the lines are dark pink and i was pregnant. well i cried. That wasnt what i wanted to hear. I am not happy as of right this min but i know in time i will be happy. they expected without an ultrasound that i was goin to have the baby in july of next year. I hope that this helps anyone else struggling with the reality that they are goin to have a baby. I know i will be happy but im worried and sad right now. But thanks to all that post on this site......
Sooooo my period is a whole week late but Im cramping at random times like its gonna come on... Ive never been pregnant ever. Ive taken 3 hpt and they all were negative. Maybe I sould just make an appt huh!?!
Ok so I'm new to this but I've missed my period for Feb. My last period was Jan 24-26 around there and it lasted until the 2-3 of Feb like always. But I haven' gottan anything this whole month. I took 2 preg. test and both came out negative then today I woke up with sharp stomach pains like my period but no blood. any suggestions?
well i am also having these problems. although every month i get my period, i have cramps for about a week before i start bleeding. but to date, i am 6 days late on  my period with the cramps. so i havent taken any tests becuase im use to the cramps b4 my period. i already have 2 kids, and i knew i was pregnant with the both of them due to morning sickness. welkl right now, i only have cramps, some breast tenderness (maybe from breast feeding a year ago). i think i may wait a few more days because i notice i take tests when im a couple days late then the next day i get my period. it is frustrating and nerve racking but no matter what happens to us, women are the strongest creatures alive, we can get through anything! good luck to everyone and just stay calm :)
I'm havin all those symptoms and goin the same thing only I'm having some white clear discharge and my period is a week late and had 2 pregnancy tests done and both came back negative but I also went to a caring for women center and the first one came back faintly positive then the 2nd came back negative so idk wtheck is going on...
Ok im a whole month late and I have cramping pains too with slight ovary pain. We have been trying for 4 years to get preg. So scared what do I do ?
Not to mention huge lower back pain that makes me cry :(
hey girls.. im 16 years old, ive been in a serious relationship since September 6, 2010 and its been amazing.. we started to have sex the 3rd month and iv always used protection but when were alone and cuddling sometimes he sticks it in without a condom only for a minute then he takes it out, we dont have sex without a condom but i do relise that he pre-cums.. i always have my period every month.. its always irregular.. comming early in one month then the next late month.. last month in june i started on the 10th, i waited for the next 10th to come during this month(july) but i have not started, its been 2 weeks or so while waiting and i have been having back pains and it feels like im on my period but no blood happening down there, idont know whats going on and me and my boyfriend are still having sex with protection, i have not token a pregnancy test because im SUPER SCARED to find out the truth.. ive always been a good girl to my mom she doesnt know i have sex.. and shes done so wrong to me and my siblings n my dad.. and if she finds out im prego she will kill me ! she always asks me if im having sex n i lie n tell her iv never done that before, she thinks im a virgin cuz i use pads lol but please something give me advice !!!!!!!
I have been having cramps like I'm going to come on my period but it haven't came and its a month late but I took a test like 2 weeks ago and it was negative. I don't have any other symptoms.any suggestions
I have been having the same problems im a couple days late and my breast are so tender, have been very exhausted, back achs, past 3 days ive have been cramping like im on my period but no discharge? 2 test cae out faint negatives. Sugestions?
Okay I'm really confused...my husband & I had A LOT of unprotected intercourse last month (september) I usually start my period within the last 2 or 3 days of the month aaaand it did not come down. I took 2 pregnancy test & they both came back negative, did I take the to early?? I have period like cramping, slightly tender breasts, & feel like I need to puke sometimes...can anybody help me plz???
Hey... did you find out what's going on with you? ...Me and my husband have unprotected sex several times a week, and in August I started cramping and my breasts were sore, and my face started breaking out like i normally do when my period is coming, but it didnt come....i found that very weird because i had all my normal symptoms of my period, then in September it came the very last week of the month and was light the first day then heavy the next 2 days, then it was over....but ever since then I am experiencing nausea everyday...sometimes i will wake up anywhere between 1:00am-3:00am feeling sick to my stomach....Last week it was so bad that I couldn't eat or even stand the smell of food...I also have a lot of white vaginal discharge and this past week i've had severe upper back pains.....He's been telling me to take a HPT but I feel like i will just be getting my hopes up because everytime i've taken one it's been negative and we really want to be pregnant...does anyone know what could be wrong? Thanks for your help....
I have been having cramps like my period is coming but it hurts so bad though and my breast sore I'm tired and also mean lately lol I have not had a pwriod since aug 25 2011 so I dnt knw everytime I take a test it says I'm not but me and my husband wnt one more a gurl this time but I have got over the sickness some wat its the cramps that really hurt so bad and I know it can be from ur belly streching making room for the baby scare to taake a test dnt wnt to be sad. Anybody else feel the same with the bad cramps and oh my breast were sore for like 2 wks striaght.
I totally am in the same boat as many women here. I have missed 2 periods now. I have taken 2 tests, one right after I missed my first perios (periods) and the other about 2 weeks later. Both came back negative. I have missed 1 period before a couple of tims due to stress, but NEVER 2. The only realy symptoms i've had is the cramping like i'm about to start my period and sore breasts. I have 1 more hpt that I want to take but I will be devistated if it's negative so I have been holding out. I'm so glad to hear that I'm not alone in this, but sad to hear that other people are feeling the same kind of anxiety as I am. Oh and I had 1 other possible symptom yesterday. I smelled exhaust outside twice and it made me feel super sick and was ready to throw up. Other than that still just cramping and sore breasts.
hi everyone ive been sitting here for the last hour going threw the comments of missed periods but cramping.well im having the same issues me and my boyfriend have been trying for a bbay for 11 months now and no luck i tried the ovulation but it seems like it dont work i go online and do the ovualtion charts everytime i get a different date ut let me inform you on a little about me..Ive never been pregnant before and this is my irst time actually trying to.. I have been having really bad cramps latley and not only that going to the bathroom not to pee to have a bowl movement and its dierha not sure if thats a symptom or not.. breast feel a little tender i get sleepy more than often i have times where i might want to eat something but after smelling it i dont now i know you all are probably thinking you sound pregnant but im just so tired of taking test and it showing up negative it becomes annpying and disapppointing... for me and him..he told me he has tried to get other women pregnant before some of them even ha kids and still no luck im unsure if i ever ovulate my period have been jumping around in octoboer it came on the 17th novemebr it came on the 19 now this month it doesnt come at all i need some advice
Hi all, I' m having similar symptoms as some of you. I took clomid for two months and during the second month I started bleeding on day 17 it was very heavy. It lasted for two days then stopped. I went to the dr and she told me to wait and see if I got my period on day 28 like I usually do. Well no period. So I figured I should count from the last day I stopped bleeding. It's been 33 days since the last time I was bleeding. I took a hpt 5 days ago and again 2 days ago. Negative. I'm not sure what's going on with me but I have an appt in a week with my dr. Also I have had progressively worse cramps like my period is coming. And lower back pain.  Really want a positive result!! But have had so many negatives it seems like wishful thinking. Will post the results in a week because there's nothing worse than reading these posts and never hearing the results.
Hey ladies I have missed my period for feb. and iam also having cramps as if iam coming on but nothing. When do u think I should take a test???
Hi ladies. My boyfriend and I have been ttc since november 2011!! But nothing is happening.. I am fairly regular with my period, i come on around the 22nd of every month, however last month i bled 5 minutes on the 22nd then a week later i came on and i was really confused. now i have missed my period again by over 2 weeks!... i have food cravings, im fatigue, felt sick one morning and have been abit grumpy lately but pregnancy test come up negative!. im also having sharp cramping pains in my ovaries since yesterday!!??? HELP
hello everyone. I am a 24 year old mom,married with 2 kids. My husband and i are ttc this month. and my period hasnt come yet.  I had a period on feb 5, but it was only 4 days,(my usual is 6-7) and only light to medium bleeding.(normal for me is heavy the first 4 days then eases off for the next two) i took a preg test yesterday and it said i was neg. but i dont know. I am having period like cramps, some dizziness when waking up, some soreness in nipple area, and having more head aches than usual, and the white discharge, that feels like you have started but when u check its just the white discharge.  I have been pregnant twice already but my last child was over 3 years ago, so you forget what you go through. I dunno if i should take another test or just wait it out.waiting is easier said then done lol.
I went to the doctor on march 8 i wasnt pregnant but i didnt get my period for 2 mths n now its 3 mths im feelin crampin everyday n it hurts like hell .in i did take another's test n was negative whats goin on
I have been haven cramps for the past 3 weeks from uissed peiod day and it makes me feel like i started bit mo nlood :/
I'm having the same thing but the pain in my ovary isn't that bad but significant enough to be uncomfortable.  But I took 3 test n all negative . I am a week late .  
Hey everyone im a week late i was rapped about a month ago and i am married the person who rapped me was not my husband how do i tell him that i might be carrying and it isnt his
Are you absolutely positive it is not his?  I am so sorry to hear this.  :(  Being upfront and honest is the best thing.  He can't really hold this against you and there is always adoption.  I wish you the best of luck.  Perhaps it's just your body responding to the stress of the things you've been through.  One would hope so.  First thing I would do is confirm or deny if you are indeed pregnant.  Why upset/worry him if it's a false alarm....of course discussing this with him even if you are not is probably a good thing for you both.  Will say a little prayer for you. :)
So I have an unusual situation....my husband and I have been together 10 years...I'd love to say that it's just bad luck for us to not get pregnant but it's not really I guess.  He has 2 children from a previous marriage and when his youngest was 2 months old he had a vasectomy (the child is now 18 years old mind you).  However, he tore his stitches and never had the tear repaired.  So that coupled with the fact that I know a few ppl who where concieved after a vasectomy gave me hope.  But it's been 10 years and nothing (of course right).  However, I'm late, crampy, little to no mood swings (which is unusual if I'm going to start) and either gaining weight or extremely bloated.  I don't know what to think and I'm afraid it will only be yet another let down if I test.  Opinions please..
Can someone help me please! Ive been having cramps for maybe about 2 weeks now & my period was suppose to start last week but nothing has happen just cramps & my chest hurts. I had unprotected sex twice about 4 weeks ago. Is there a chance I might be preg?? HELP!
There is a good chance you may be pregnant. I had the same thing happen. I've still been having cramps every day without my period starting (which was supposed to be last week). So finally I took a home pregnancy test this morning, and it came out positive.
Yep you could be? With my first baby I was trying for 12 months and every month period pain and it would come dead on time :-( then on the 13 month of trying I got the period pain again but this time went longer then normal with no bleed and i was pregnant. But i had the period pain feeling for almost 3 weeks after i knew for sure i was pergent.
Everyone is so different. I am getting the same feeling again now and I'm 6 days late so hopefully its happening again for us.
Hi everyone!was supossed to see my period two days bak,been waitn,even wore a sanitary pad ystrday n went chekn every 30mins,bt notin!..I'm also scared of chekn cos anytym I chekd in d past,it always came out negative...wat do u guys tink!
Hey girl. yes i had the same pain. GO TO THE DOCTOR ASAP. I actually ended up having clymidia. Not knowing since there is hardly a sign for woman. I had it for so long i ended up getting PID which is pelvic inflammatory disease. NOT FUN. the pain was horrible shot straight from my ovarys down to my knees. get checked fast because if you do have the clap and you let it go it can cause you to become sterile! hope this helps
Light faint in color or light pink cause I'm having the same thing n I been cramping I did one pregnancy test came back very very very faint where I had to hold up to a light just to see it
Hello all,
Right i was due on my period on the 27th dec 2012, it is now 4th jan 2013, still no period. I keep getting cramps as though im going to come on my period but still no period. I keep getting really bad headaches aswell, i had inprotected sex on the 26th dec 2012, could i be pregnant?
HEY MY PERIOD IS SIX DAYS LATE CRAMPING LIKE PERIOD IS ON SOME CRAMPING IN LEGS, AND BREAST ARE SORE.