Missed my period for 8 days am I preganant??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hi I'm late for 8 days my period should of started on the 16th but i have felt sleepy and nauses.. I took a pregnancy test on sunday monring but it came out negative do you my hormones are to light to detect if I am... I just had surgery 2 month ago. They had detected ovarian cyst i have a cysyt on both of my ovaries could that delayed my period to last month a was late 5 days but it came ...do you think im pregnant i should take a blood test and see... thanks for your help
Yeah, you should go for the blood test. If it's negative then you know, and if it happens again next month, then maybe your body is just making some changes and you GYN can maybe help to get you straightened around..
--J
thanks for your help..I just went yesterday for a blood test my blood test came out negative...but im just worried because my cycle should of change since the beginning why the second month their are changes..do not understand. Why would my doctor give me prenatal vitamins??
Were your periods regular in the past? You body could also be adjusting since you recently had surgery and the stress of that.  However if you do not get your period in a few days, and there is a possibility of pregnancy I would take another HPT, and then schedule a blood test if no period still and (-)HPT.
Yes i did have unprotected sex. well after my surgery i was late only 5 days but my doctor told me that my cycle should be the same but his month is being 10day as of today.. I guess I just have to wait and see if I am pregnant

Thanks for you Help!!
but do you think that would mess up my menstrual cycle?? okay I only took them for a week which was jan 9-13 then i stopped because i was feeling nauses..Another thing if i was sexual active this past weekend and i have not got my period would their be chances of me getting pregnant ( just wondering)well at this moment im my blooed test is negative if i go another week like this do you think i get another blood test..Actually in a couple of week im having a ultrasound should i just wait. Thanks for your help!!
Was it unprotected sex? ...
I'd wait... an ultrasound seems kind of excessive at the time, even if you possibly pregnant, it takes up to a week for anything to show up in your bloodstream/urine.

>I really don't have a regular period... and stress plays a really big factor with me. Being 8 days late doesn't seem like a big deal unless you have a cycle that's always on the dot.
Maybe he was worried you were getting run down.  Prenatal
vitamins have extra iron and folic acid in them.
It might be a good idea to take the vitamins before you go to
bed.  That way you won't notice the nausea.  Ginger root or
ginger ale is good for what "ails" your stomach.