Missed period, NOT pregnant, ALL pms symptoms!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I usually get my period every 1st of the month, unfortunately, i didn't recieve it this month.  I am no 12 days late and have no sign of bleeding.  I took a pregancy test thru kaiser and it came out negative.  I'm not bleeding but I have all my PMS symptoms.  My breast are swollen, im breaking out all over, and am completely bloated.  I was wondering if someone can tell me what's going on with me.  I know that a missed period is normal.  But im kinda worried because i get my period regularly and having pms symptoms is a bit confusing.  
if the test was negative your period is on the way maybe was delayed by your anxiety. If we want something baddly sometimes our minds plays tricks on us. This is from personal experience been there and done that

Good Luck and lots of baby dust to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My question to you is; Everytime I two weeks before my period is going to come, I start getting mood swings.  My family and co-workers have notice this on me. I have notice this myself:

I get quite, where everyone says I am day dreaming or I just stare at something.
I am trying to hurry up and everything is bothering me
My body is burning up like if I have fever
I have trouble sleeping at night
I feel irritable
I get very emotional even at work

I am always smiling and happy.  I am always encouraging.  

I sometimes just hate the way I feel. The doctor has put me in Birth Control Pills (Yaz).  To eliminate the head ache (Migranes (migraines)) and other mood swings.  I will tell you I didn't have a period last month and I feel I won't be having one this month.  My Migranes (migraines) have not occur.  But for the past two weeks I have been having pain on the back of my head.  I have purchase video tapes of Turbo Jam.  I have been exercising since April 26, 2006.  I will exercise three to five times a week. It just depends on the week.  I love it.  The only thing my systoms are still there.  Help
When i was about your age now 20 my periods were very irratic i never knew when i was due to have my period. I think it is just something that happens with some lasses. It should come  when its ready just dont panic about it coz the more you worry about it the more it is most lickely to not come
A similar thing happened to my sister...she had all the symptoms of PMS, but no period...and negative pregnancy tests. She went to the doctor and found out she has PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). That might be what's going on with you. I'd go to the doctor as soon as possible and get checked out.
i have sort of a similar situation, i was expecting my period a week ago and it still has not come, i had allllll the syptoms (symptoms) of it which i never have in the past before my period started, also, im 18 and i started my period when i was 11 or 12 and i have never missed one once. however, i have not taken a pregnancy test because i am very nervous, also when im looking at the people who have PCOS i am thinking that if it doesnt come that that could be a possiblity but i am too nervous to talk to my mom about a missing period for obvious reasons. any suggestions on what i should do about the period or how i should approach my mom? thanks
I was supposed to have my period two days ago, I have all period symptoms and normally get my period reguarly. I have never had sex, I got my period the beg. of april (1st) and I gave my boyfriend a hj in the middle of april... I started having period symptoms right when I usually do but... im confused. help?
yeah, i agree with u. me too. because last week i had sex twice, we used a condom and he pulled out after he ejuactue. i knew condom was safe and no break because i saw he has sprem in a condom. that's why i knew it. but sometimes i always worriing if my period coming or not. then i always go and buy a pregncy test straight away because i want to know if i am pregnant or not. but the pregncy test came out negative. i think my period always on and off all the time coz i had POCS  irregualr that's why.
i haven't had a period in three months and it is impossible for me to be pregnant since i haven't been sexually active in over a year. My periods are usually regular....what could be wrong?
I haven't had my period in 49 days.  I am ALWAYS regular 21-25 day cycle.  I had all the symptoms but nothing ever came.  I am 47 years old and had a tubligation 12 years ago.  My doctor check 3 months ago for menopause and she said I wasn't even close.  So what is my problem???
well i have something weird happenin to me ... well i am almost 3 months late in to my period no pregnant and soupously i am not ovulating i am no using anything as far as birthcontrol and i have an appt. on monday to start on medications to get periods back i am scared i mean i have a 2 year old but i would suck if i cant have any more babies....
my period is 5 days late i had 2 periods last month and now it has not come I having small cramps and heartburn and going too the bathroom more I have fibriods and i am 42 years old could i be going thru premature menopause me and my husband did have unprotected sex during my ovulation time twice could i be pregant had a hpt and one at the clinic
both were neg could it be to soon my period has never never been late even with fibriods what should i do
I have been sIting for my period for four days now and I always get it on the same day every month. My boyfriend and I messed around but he never came and we never had actual sex help?
I am on the Depo injection and have been for about 10 years, for the last 5 months i've been again weight, bloating, tender breast, cant sleep at night, cant regulate body tempreture. Have already have thyoid tested and on medication for that and all under control what else could it be. Cant be pregnant as haven't had sex for 11 months, i'm 31 years old!!! Anyone got any suggestions, the doctors dont seem to know they think i'm eating to much but i've now limited myself to one meal a day.
i have a question for anyone that can answer it.My question i havent had my period scence i was 13 teen.I got it that first week and it never came back.I still get the cramps and the bloating ect..and that's it.It's been 7yrs and i still dont have one.What's wrong with me?please help  
i have missed my period for almost 1 week, and i have done a pregnancy test yesterday the result was negative. I had all the symptoms but nothing ever came. we have sex 1 week twice, at 1st he never use condom aftet that i request him to use and he ejuactue in the condom. my period are usually regular. what could be wrong? help
I am fourteen and have had my period on a regular basis for a little more than two years. its every 26 days for 3 days. My period was supposed to be a week ago. All the signs are there that i should be having it, food cravings, cramps, tiredness, bloating. But i am really confused why i am not having it. Anyone help?
Because your body is still changing, it's not unheard of that your period will change throughout time, even if it's normally regular. Are you sexually active? That would make a difference in it, and it's possible if it's unprotected you might be pregnant.
i am worried because i havent gotten my period this month and i always get it around this time...and the month is about to end in 2 days and i feel so nervous. I am so scared to take a pregnancy test because i dont want to find out! but i really hope i do get my period soon,....but then again i know i shouldnt be pregnant because i havent had sex recently...i think i was just stressing with exams! i got my period on april 24 then may 27 and well now today is june 28 and well im hopin i get it on 30th because that would be the sequel of 3days later every month but i dont know! what should i do? help!!!!!!!!!!
i had protected sex early in may , my period came in may on the 18-24 or 25 (of may).
it was regular..
then june comes and no period. i had few signs but no period now its july and i broke out and breast tender.
i think i missed because i am in volleyball and we run everyday well since summer started i have not been exercising AT ALL. swimming but no real running , well i started running again and now the signs of my period are here.. is it coming?
Hello every one, I have went through the same thing in Dec of 2009, my perod was to start and I went to the very end of the month hours before the new year and it started. I took 4 tests and all were neg. My breast were sore and it seemed like I could have been pregnant. This year 2010 I was to start on the 18th of July and nothing for the whole month. I had some cramping and ankles swollen. On the 4th of Aug. it showed up for like an hour then nothing. The next day the same thing.Then on the 6th of Aug it started and looks like a lot of blood and blood clots. I am 37 never had a child and don't know if this is starting to be early menopause.  
I Have the same problem's But the thing is my period always comes within the first week of the month, and some how i haven't got them this month . I have heavy flow and i'm kind of worried I did a pregnancy test which was negative and this is really confusing for me right now , and i need some answer's . the other thing is that I have the pms system's but im still late for my period and this is kinda stressing me out Please tell me
I was suppose to get my period on Oct 3 but i didnt, i have had a few symptoms but not the norm and its 7 days late. I took two tests but neg...not sure what to think. I have been under ALOT OF EMOTIONAL STRESS THOUGH..can that be it???
i am 22 years old and i have never missed a period but this year i missed my august period but i thought it was due to weakness but then i had it in september..i was happy then but since then im not having my periods again and its been 2 months...im worried sick and dont know what 2 do..im not into any kind of physical relation and im eating well too..i have acne on my face right after im missing my period and thats all but im not having any periods...please help me out on this..its really important...
I am 47 years old, I just go my first period after 4 months of not having one.  I have had a clear sticky clear discharge quite heavy at times.  I also have had terrible moods swings right when I should have started.  It seems that I get an infection before periods for the last several months.  I have always been on schedule every 28 days, never late.  Should I be alerted or is this common?
I am now almost one full month late, I kinda had a period, but it looked more like salsa for one day then nothing. I've taken several home pregnancy tests and one blood test and its all negative, but I feel like I could be pregnant, I do have all the symptoms. Is it posible I'm pregnant and just not testing positive? I would be very happy if I was, but I'm not trying to have a baby yet. ANY INPUT AT ALL WOULD BE HELPFUL! Thanks in advance!
I'm fifteen, and for the last few months i've been getting my period on the 8th or 10th of the month, i didn't get it this month yet. I try not to be stressed out but it's there.i have slight breast tenderness and major mood swings. is it possible that it's just changing? i did start soccer recently making me run a lot more
My period's been late for 6 days.
The last time I had sex was in mid dec, after which i had my period on 27th Dec.

Is it still possible that I am pregnant?? Really frightened to take the test. my period's never this late before.

I do not have any PMS symptoms.
Ugh Im experiencing the EXACT SAME THING right now!! Its been almost a month or so..or just about havent started my period, but unfortunately experiencing PMS symptoms too. It's really weird. I know for a fact I'm not pregnant either. I hope I start soon! These comments were so encouraging to hear that I'm not the girl who didn;t start her damn period this month, lol.
Ugg i have all the period symptoms  but i still don't have mine yet i think it was suppose to be on the 1st and i have irregular periods since I'm 14  and i started like 1 or 2 years ago anyways is it because i am stressing a lot? also I'm underweight and not healthy at all could it be because of that? also i have not done any sexual intercourse.
i am 2 weeks late. been trying for a baby for nearly a year. have always had regular periods. done two tesst but both negative. went to the drs and he made me feel stupid, told me it was my age! but i'm only 27. he also said that they dont do pregnancy test on the nhs any more. and he didnt even examine me. i have mild sickness that happens at night time. i'm very moody and tearful! but after my trip to the drs i dunno what to do or think!! someone please help!

dee
Please help me I gave my boyfriend a ** and he put it in only one time  really quick in my v and pull it out, after that, he waited and then came, this was 2 days before the day of my period. I know I should take a preg test but since it was so close to my period and it was only in for seconds even if he pre ejac, the pre ejac must have been interrupt cause it was real quick. Now I'm 3 days late, and have very irresistible PMS very painfull, plus I feel like watery vaginal discharge coming out instead of blood. This is the second time I'm late with this same PMS sympthons, the first time we had sex and it was not even in I think and my period got late and had the same symptons like the watery discharge and it was painfull as well, but I'm scared cause this time he came after he pull out and even though it was for a little time I know I should do it protected but we don't do it that much and he does not last sometimes cause he just wants to cu.... so its like I don't even think about having sex, we do it like once every 2 weeks or more. Ive read these are as well preg symptons, but since its the second time I'm late with the very same PMS sympthons and all, I think is the worry and stress that are getting me late like the last time, I was 2 days late, this time I'm 3 days late.
i   haven't  gotten  my  periods   for  2 months  now  i tried  the  preg  test  its  negative  several  tries   i  saw the  doctor   she  gave me   mesovit plus  pills  to  bring   my  periods  that they  will  be   out  by  1   week  n  still i  haven't   gotten them    in a week  now     donno wats    wrong   wit me am  so  worried  abtt  ma self  am 19years plz  help
Okay, the common sense answers...

If you have had sex, have missed a period, TAKE A PREGNANCY TEST. It may be scary but smarter to know the answer you are looking for. There is always a way to handle the situation and someone you can reach out to (nurse, doctor, friend, relative, website, hotline.)

If you know pregnancy is unfathomable, you are years into having a period but have missed one recently for at least two months, seek a doctor. If you havent had a period at all and are at least 18, you may have some serious health issues.

If your periods are constantly irregular, consider a method of birth control for stability.

Those of you under the age of 18 that are sexually active, take the time to educate yourselves on the health and pregnancy risks involved. It is best to be aware of all consequences to your actions. Seek a doctor, a book, a friend. Just dont continue to be naive with such a serious situation. Learn about preventative behaviors and forms of contraception.

Ladies, just have the strength to find your answers. Be smart. Protect yourselves or possibly the future life of a child. REALLY consider practicing healthier sexual behaviors with proper methods of contraception.
These ideas should come naturally.

Best of luck.

I am fifteen years old and me and my boyfriend have been haveing sex for the past month, i usally start my period around the 18th of every month, But this month it hasnt came yet, its now the 20th so im 2 days late, i have all the sympoms of my period, sore boobs, a little belly pain, and my legs hurt, but nothing is happening at all, i am worries i could be Preggo we had sex like a week ago and he used a condom and cam inside of it, he's told me it didnt break, rip, tare nothing but im worried and ive been told if i worry it will make it worse but i cant help it ): i havent took a preggo test, becasue i wanna wait atleast 10days to make sure its accurate but im worried can someone help?
I usllay start my period the 18th of every month and it comes in the morning most of the time, but its the 20th im 2days late but i have all the sympotoms of a period nothing is happening, Me and my boyfriend have been haveing sex for about a month now, and he told me that i was fine and overreascting that when you first start haveing sex your period can change up, i am 15 years old and he was my first!!, i havent took a preggo test because ive been told it wont tell me nothing until im atleast 10 days late i just need help ive been worrieing myself to death since the 18th ):
im a virgin but i havent got my periods yet and im wondering why i am diagnosed with pcos ( polysistic ovarian syndrome) is that why my periods can be late   i am feeling very emotional and at the moment i am bloated and i have pains around my ovary area what does this mean ??
I got my periods last month but they weren't normal & just after them I got very ill, vomiting not eating , having toothache and always feeling nauseus.  I went to the Dentist to  get my tooth removed then I got very much better now am back to my normal but I just missed my periods for this month, I did the home pregnancy test and it was negative, could it be possible that I'm  pregnant or what as am very confused
I took a test it was negative, I have every symptom and I look pregnant. I went to the doctors 3days ago and found out I have a cyst on my right ovary. Im scared. Could I be pregnant?
Hi, im also 18. My cycle was due on the 17 but I didnt come on (today is the 19) I think I may be pregnant because my boyfriend & I stop using condoms over a year ago. Last month we had sex on the 26 he usualy pulls out but for some reason he didnt pull out that night and he nutted in me & from my calculations I was ovulating on that day. Im very anxious to know if im pregnant or not but im scared that I may not be and my mind is just playin tricks on me! :( im so torn, I tell myself im not so that I want get my hopes up but I really feel like I am. Is it too early for me to take a pregnancy test?
I am in the same situation! what did you do? I am 18 also and literally the same exact deal. I am so scared. HELP!
u sound just like me ok the day after my last period my bf and i were fooling around and he had a condom on ....we both virgins...so he stuck it in for a second with the condom on no ejectulation or anything .... my next monthy cycle sense then 3 days ago i had the same thing watery but no blood...had cramps bloating tired acne everything i get on my period but no blood. when he stuck it in for a second tho i bled he broke something ...like ok a half of inch of the head went in sideways so idk how the heck i could possibly b prego but now im still waiting for my period completely freaked...my bf and I r currently living in different countries he was visiting me when this happened...if i am prego ima b pissed caus we technically arent virgins but we didnt evan have a sexual experience!! -complicated situation :/
it will come soon dnt worry if u are going through stress it happens. I had un protectd one and used plan B. I got 15 days late ov my period. Took 2 preg test. Then yrsterday my love banged me on and today i started wd my period. Try it gals. It may also work for u. :p lol...
I'm in the same boat. I'm a month late and last week I had period symptoms. I haven't started this month yet but I took two tests and they both showed up negative. Very nervous.
I'm worried because I just had my first period and now my second one hasn't come!  It's been almost forty days since my last one and freaked out!
I have been having the same symptoms period pains, sore breasts, feeling sick. I am 15 days late and still no period.  I did two tests and they were negative.  I went to see my gynaecologist (had a scan) yesterday and he is most certain I had a very early pregnancy which does makes sense as we have been trying.  However, this was our first month.  Not saying this is the reason why you’re getting these symptoms as everyone is different just telling you what I have experienced and been told.  My gyno seems to think I will come on in the next 7 days if not I am to do another test.  This is very common apparently and some people don’t even know they have fallen pregnant and carry on as normal.  I can’t even touch my breast they are so tender.  My next period should be extremely heavy due to the early pregnancy.     Hope this helps.
Im having the same situation. I didnt get a period sinced december2011. I was so stressed out on january tho..i was spotting on the 6th of february for a couple days. But still no period til today. I'm regular with my menses. Month to month, I get it. Could I be pregnant? Those urine test has been negative. But I heard its still possible to be pregnant. I have all the symptoms of being pregnant, especially constipation. some noticed ive gained a bit of weight. Ugh its so frustrating!!! I went to a ob/gyn clinic & asked for an ultra sound but they didn't do it...they weren't very helpful. They only went by my urine which I was already having problems with...! But I need an ultra sound.... ! Help
may i get the answer for my ques.
i had no sex and my age is 15 and i started with my periods at the age of 11.
so what can be the reason for this problem. i had missed my period for a month.
Hi...I am going through some anxious moment...I did protected sex with my bf on 23, 24,25 March. During those days i was due for my periods but to postpone it,  i took progestone (Deviry) as my bf had came all along from other country to spend some time with me. and i didnt want to be down in those days. I had earlier also taken this medicine and when i stopped that medicine my period came back to normal within 3-4 days. but this time its already some good 12 days late and i am having now some nervous moment. I dont want to get pregnant now. But since then i have some strange feeling of conceiving. My nipples have become larger, my breasts have become very tender and it hurts when anything accidently gets touched. and i am not getting my periods now. i have some back ache and shoulder pain also at times. Is it a sign of pregnancy....Can anyone guide me on it...as me and my bf both are very tensed now...
Same thing, my period is 3days late now... I had unprotected sex on the 26th day of my 29day cycle. He didn't *** inside me, though but I took the "morning after pill" just to be safe. Could it be the drug that's delaying my period?
i am 23, my period came on the 22nd of june, 24th of july.i had sex immediately after my period in july. today is 7th september but my period is not coming. i have done a lot of pregnancy tests but they are all negative. whats wrong with me...
My period last month came 5 days early, and ended on the16th...and now my period is late...or I don't know if it's late...I did have sex with a guy friend on the 29th, then again just last Friday...would it be the sex that's making it late? Im bloating like crazy! And I was just in 2 sports tournaments...one was 2 weeks ago, and one was just this past Saturday...would it also be the sports activities that's causing it to be late? I really hope I'm not I'm pregnant. But I'm afraid , because on Sunday, I was bleeding, and I don't know if it's spotting or not, or it's a sign of my period coming. Whenever I go to the bathroom, when I wipe, there is blood, but it's not only a few drops (like spotting blood. So I'm really nervous and scared right now. Please tell me what to do!!!
Hey Dee,
Sorry to hear you had a rough time with the Doctor. If you want to have a urine analysis done, go to Planned Parenthood- they won't turn you away and they are free.

Best of luck.
hi am 47yrs  and this is the first time I have a missed period 10days late i'm I into menapause
Im 21 i have a 4 yr old child. My period has NEVER been regular but i usually have one every month well its dec 20 and i still havent started. I also take bc every day never miss a day. I took a preg test actually two and both were negative. So i dont know i also have all the signs like im about to start too but still nothing. ugh!!
I just started my period a couple months ago, I'm pretty young.
And I'm not regular, but I haven't had one yet this month, and I'm freaking out.
I had all the symptoms of PMS a week ago, my migraines got worse, I had mood swings, ect. ect. Please help!
This happened to me in December. I have never missed my period before and in December I missed it completely. I had all the PMS symptoms but no bleeding.
Your missed period could be due to a number of things: hormonal changes, stress, medications, pregnancy, thyroid issues, change of routine, weight gain or weight loss, a diet high in fat and I read that sometimes periods just skip a month for no reason that can be diagnosed.

For me it was a drastic change in diet. I went on a detox program where I cut out sugar, gluten, carbs, dairy, red meats and wheat. Then after the three weeks I went on a cruise and started eating all of those things plus foods that were rich and not so healthy (you know how much food there is on a cruise) so I missed my period that month. I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. The test I took said that it was over 99% accurate.

After vacation I started my regular healthy diet again and my workout program. Going on the vacation changed my routine and eating habits.

What helped me was working out. Even when I have regular periods I noticed that high intensity Cardio always helps my period come early. My advice is first take a pregnancy test and make sure it's a reliable one, its worth the extra money! Second if you aren't pregnant or have any health issues be it physical or psychological and you are usually pretty regular try being very active get on the treadmill or elliptical and workout, see if the activity helps bring on your period because it always does for me and I have even got my period at the gym.

It's worth a try. If its only one month and you aren't pregnant then wait, if you don't get it the following month go see a doctor.

Good luck everyone!
I'm 41 my period is 5 weeks late I have bad tummy pains stabbing pains up my bag and my bottom I am in tears I have no normal symptoms. Like boob pain spots no short temper no libido nothing to suggests my period is abooit to arrive my blood test show normal hormone levels for my age there is 0% chance I could be pregnant has anyone any advice my dr keeps fobbing me of I have always had 28 day cycle please help x thank you in advanced  
I have been off bc for 5 months now I'm two weeks late went to take a pregnancy test it was a bfn I ovulated 4 weeks ago as of today and been having light pregnancy signs but was told it can be my hormones because of the bc its that true and I am waiting on my blood test results do this sounds normal
If your only having 1 meal a day your body would be going into starvation mode and storing fat from everything you eat i went through putting on weight all the time and not knowing why when i mostly never ate and if i did it was 1 meal a day i went to a nutritionist who told me to cut out s much sugar as possible ,eat 5 healthy small  meals a day so 3 small main meals and 2 healthy snacks and drink plenty of water i did this and lost heaps of weight my period went out of wack when i gained weight to :)
I hope this helps
I'm 14 and I've never had sex and I've had my period once about two months ago but never got it again. I have PMS symptoms each month but never any actual bleeding. I don't think that it's because of stress because I'm not under to much stress. Ughhhhh what is happening?
i had sex with my bf last nov 3 then i got my period on nov 12, regular date of my period, but now dec im 3-5 days delayed..but i have pms, it is possible for me to get pregnant,,im afraid to have pregnancy test..pls help.