Missed period, negative test - help :(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Missed period, negative test - help :(

I've never missed a period and usually when it's late it's only by 3 or 4 days.
My last period started on September 8th and I was due on again on the 6th of this month but so far nothing has shown up... I had a bit of light spotting I found one day when I went to the loo but that was it.

I'm due on again on November 3rd and usually start feeling crampy around three days before, I have been feeling crampy but it's been throughout the last month at least. I've got a lot of the pregnancy symptoms - headaches, dizziness, sleepy, emotional for no reason, stomach cramps (much different to period pains), nausea and feeling sick and I have no other idea what could be causing these symptoms.

I took a test three weeks ago and it came back negative and I assumed I just tested too early. I took one the following week and again it came back negative.

I've also been experiencing a lot of milky discharge which is not normal for me.

Please can anyone help and tell me what you think might be going on.

You might want to go get a blood test at the doctor's, pregnancy test are not always accurate. It could also just be a change in your menstral cycle, i know with me sometimes ill get mine 3 or 4 days before the expected date. But its best to go get checked because you wouldn't wanna wait and it might be something worse.
Hi there and welcome.  Well, I'd take another home pregnancy test.  Those are pretty reliable these days.  Hormones with pregnancy increase day to day to day and those tests register if that hormone is present.  You have to have the hormone to be pregnant and it has to increase to sustain a pregnancy.  So, an at home test should be able to pick up the hormone.  I bought early detection tests with my pregnancies and got positives when I tested before my period was due.  (the tests say you can use them 4 days before your period is due and that is what I did and got positives. Faint lines but positives none the less).  

Now, as far as symptoms, well . . .  those are because of the hormones.  Again, these hormones increase over time and that is why most women have VERY few symptoms right away.  Nausea or morning sickness starts on average of week 6 to 7 for women (which that was 100% accurate for me).  

So, take a test to determine if you are pregnant and go from there.  I do want to mention that often we can just have a really messed up cycle too.  I was having periods that were spread 2 to 3 months apart with major pms during that time.  It was due to a hormonal issue.  

So, test and then if it is again negative, make an appointment with your doctor.  good luck