Missing Period For 6 Months

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Missing Period For 6 Months

I have not had a period for 6 months. I am not on birth control or have been for the past year. I have seen a gyn. I had blood work all normal. I had a pap. all normal. I had an ultra sound inner & outer all normal. My gyn. is stumped she has no idea why I have no period this has never been a problem for me since I was 12 I have had a period. Along with not having a period I have hot flashes mildly but my doc. thinks that is due to my prescription I take, I have also gained weight suddenly I look bloated to people they say. I crave sweets uncontroloby. I have severe depression and anxiety I take a prescription for but none of my prescriptions cause loss of periods. So given that I am 23 years old and married this is pretty weird all pregnancy tests negative. I have taken those tests on-line for hormone deficency and it says severe hormone deficency. I don't know if that could cause missing periods but hey I am grasping at straws here since all the doc. are stumped I'm dumbfounded. SO PLEASE HELP I JUST WANT TO BE NORMAL. I am willing to take vitamins be on a special diet just let me know what to do or if there is a special person besides the one's I've seen.

Thank You

Jessica Ewald
My friend has a simular problem and the ob thought it was due to low estrogen
that is all the advice i can offer...Sorry..

The prescription antidepressant & anxiolytics work by altering the cerebral neurotransmitters. That could very likely be the reason for your craving for sweets. I have seen this in a friend who is on Anafranil (Clomipramine) 125 mg/day. It stimulates appetite & that too for sweet foods. That should explain your weight gain to some extent.
Which prescription meds are you taking & in what dosage?
As far as your amenorrhea is concerned, in my opinion is due to Neurochemical/ Hormonal imbalance, caused indirectly by your prescription meds, anxiety, stress & weight gain.

Good Luck.
I hope you read my earlier post clearly. Thanks for providing the details of your prescription drugs. I can imagine the social stress you are going through. In your case everything is linked & it
In regards to what meds I am taking morphine 60mg 2x daily, Effexor xrelease 75mg 1x daily, seroquel 50mg 1x daily, flexeril 10mg 1x at night, dicyclomine 10mg 1 4x daily as needed (for IBS).

Thank you for the comments I have gotten if this info of my meds I take can help anyone think of why I am missing my period I would really appreciate it.

Recap of what is going on I haven't had a period in 6 months, I have seen a gyn, had blood work, ultra sound interior and exterior all results came back normal along with normal pap. I have gained weight suddenly, I crave sweets constantly, I have horrible migraines that used to be every couple days but since I had to quit my job due to not being able to work they have decreased. I would have horrible anxiety attacks now they have lessoned as well I still have severe depression and weeping spells.

One doc has mentioned he believed I had fibermialga due to extreme joint pain but I don't have arthritus. I have imsomnia then I am so fatigued that I am out for a few days to week. I just want to know what I need to do to be normal and to get my life back I will do or take anything.

Any advice would be great. Thank You

Jessica Ewald ***@****
Thank you so much for your advice you have been a light in my dark questioning world I feel helpless and everyone I turn to seems to want to try a whole reigim of meds I guess their theroy is mor meds the merrier but not in my case.

I have been doing some research on homeopathy like taking **** qui it says it can help normalize periods and chaste berry I don't know if you have any herbal knowledge as well as your vast experience and knowledge in the general medical field I would really appreciate it.

Right now I am really tired of shoving bandaids over the booboos I really want to get to the root of problem and fix it but I want to try something.
HI, IM HAVING A PROBLEM, IM 18 YEARS OLD..MY PERIOD IS LATE I WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE IT @ THE BEGINNING OF JUNE, AND NOW ITS ALREADY JULY I STOPPED TAKING MY PILLS IN MID MAY AND I TOOK ONE TEST IT SHOWED NEGATIVE, SO I WONDER WHAT IS IT, IT NEVER HAPPEND TO ME BEFORE MY PERIOD USUALLY COMES 3 DAYS EARLIER OR LATER, BUT NOW I'M WORRIED OR SHOULDN'T I HELP ME PLEASE
I would just like to post as well because I am also 23 years old. I have had a normal pap and tests are all negative. in November of 2004 i weighed 154 i started to gain weight slightly. I havent made any changes in my diet or lifestyle that would cause weight gain it is now July 2005 i weighed myself last night and i weigh 179 Dont know how i gained almost 25 lbs BUT... I went without my period for 7 months straight between OCT 04 and MAY 05 I am not on birth control or anything. It seems i JUST Missed it for some reason. Seems kind of odd how i can miss it for 7 months straight. If everything before seemed normal. So i decided that i could be pregnant I took test after test and it all came back neg. I went to the doctor and they did bloodwork and an Ultra sound all came back negative.  Anyhow, I also have hotflashes and tend to get sweaty at random times. even if im sitting down on the couch.
I would say this problem has had me stressed out and semi depressed for a good 6 months now. I feel like im depressed but im not sure how being depressed feels. Because ive always been a happy person.

*update*
I recently had my period on June 7th 2005. it is now July 14th. And my period is missing again!!!  Is this just a viscious cycle? If anyone finds out what this is please tell me.
I have the exact same problem. 7 months, no period. I have PCOS Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Go to the PCOS association website and it will tell you about about your symptoms. Depression, sudden weight gain especially around the middle, unexplained gradual weight  gain, extra facial hair, an of course, no period. Hope this helps!
Well I am kinda worried because i am not sexual active, but i haven't had my period in over 3-6 months. I dont know if this is some kind of disease i dont know about? or i am unable to have kids? i really hope you can tell me what this means?..
is it normal?

I am 22 and have the IUC Mirena Device as my birth control.  I have not had my period in over 7 months.  I have had multiple tests for thyroid discorders, diabetes, etc.  All came back negative.  I even went to the medical imaging department and had an inner and outer Ultrasound.  Everything was in place and working properly.  They determined that my IUC was in the correct spot and not imbedded in my uterine wall, ruling that out as well.  I have had this device in for over four years now.   Never had one problem with it.  Now, I can't seem to do anything to get my period back.  I was prescribed Provera which makes the lining in your uterus shed, FORCING you to have a period.  It didn't work.  I have a child, but I am horribly concerned that I will not be able to have another one in the future.  I am not on ANY medications/prescriptions.  I do not use drugs and only drink alcohol on occasion (once a month...about two mixed drinks).  If anyone has any answers, or has been through the situation and was diagnosed, please respond.  All answers are helpful, because at this time, I am not getting any anywhere else.
i am having same problems also....although i recently had a baby 6 months ago...i did my normal bleeding post pardum. then have not had one in 6 months! i had maybe very light light bleeding for 2days 2 seperate times...like my periond was begining. thenit never came. i am sexually active but are on birth control pills used for breastfeeding. i also recently stopped bresstfeeding. i gained a lot of weight and been losing hair but i think its just from stress.....but could i not be getting my period because i stress so much? what is it?
I haven't had my period since the end of December, and it is now the beginning of June. I'm seventeen and I'm not sexually active, nor am I on any pills or other drugs. I don't have hot flashes, cramps, but lately my nipples have been aching for some unknown reason. This hasn't happened before and I plan on telling my mom about seeing a doctor about it, but at the same time, I'm really scared and worried that it might something serious. Would anyone have an idea as to what's wrong with me? I mean, for the past 6 months I've been living normally without any problems, as if I've never had my period before. I haven't even had mood swings and such.
Another thing is that I'm convinced that stress could be a possible cause since I have been really stressed out with my classes, extracurriculars, parents, SATs, work for college.
Really glad to see I am not alone, I am 28, had my second child, went on Depo after (which stops my period) and did 2 shot cycles (6months of it), got off the depo after 6mo had 2 "almost periods" with more cramping than I am used to, now nothing at all. I can't seem to lose this weight, I do have a large amount of stress but its going on 6months without a period now and the last 3 days I started to notice SMALL dark blood clots in the toilet water... I've used Depo off and on for several years and every other time I stopped using it I got my period right back... Each month that passes without it coming I become a little more worried. Does nursing have something to do with it? I just quit taking the vitamins and my son is nearly weened completely now. We are not having sex so no, I am not pregnant.
Hiya, im 23 also and was diganosed with pcos 5 months ago i had been without my period for 6 months, originally i thought i was pregnant but it was pcos after blood tests and ultra sounds, i finally got my period today it hurts like hell but im so pleased it show my diet and excerise has paid off, Im carrying on my diet now and my excerise for 30 mins a day to see if can control it all together and hopefully get pregnant soon.

i urge you to double check with your doctor if you suspect pcos, it can make you down and depressed, have missed periods, bad skin etc etc. and of course you cant get pregnant.

Good luck everyone.

laura x
i have the same exact problem but im only 18 years old and im not on any medications. its very weird. i took a pregnancy test and also mine was negative. Now i am scheduled to go to a gyn and get tested.
Someone close to me was going through a same problem-amenorrhea.  She really wanted to get pregnant. She hasn't had her period for 7 months. The doctor said it is due to hormone imbalance, too much progesterone and low estrogen. I am a nurse and i would like to make a suggestion. Eat healthy, eat plenty, and exercise! If you look like a stick, your body wont allow you do get pregnant! My friend improved her diet, gained some weight, everything normalized, she got her period and now pregnant. Its all related to nutrition, girls! Lots of vitamins!!!
I'm 27 and  haven't had a period in 3 years since loosing 2 stone. I now maintain a healthy weight by doing lots of cardio and eating a low calorie diet. I am by no means under weight I am only 5'1 and am 8st3. I keep thinking my periods will happen once my body adjust to this weight but 3 years seems along time!
I am having the same problem with my menstral cycle.  I moved abroad to Japan 6 months ago, I have only had my period once since I moved so I went to the doctor for tests, which have all come back negative.  My doc gave me a needle in my butt to force the flow and it worked, I got my period 2 weeks later but that is the last time I got it...only when forced.
  I am very worried that I will not be able to have children.  I read about PCOS, I will continue to research this and get tested again.  I am very active and dont have weight gain but I do crave sweet food more often than any other female I know.  
  I am confused and would appreciate anyones help or advice on what to do in this situation.  I dont feel stressed but I do live abroad away from my friends and family so maybe my body is taking it harder than I think.
  Best of luck to the rest of the woman that are going through the same problem.  

~LMS~
I'm 20 years old. I have not had a period in 7 months now. I'm sexually active. I have taken a pregnant test but negative. Ive been getting cramps and back pain. Also breast tenderest, fatigue. If anyone can give device please help.
I am 16, and i am very worried as i haven't had my period for 6 months now, i started them when i was 11 and they have all been pretty normal up to , well 6 months ago. And i'm not sexually active so there is no way i can be pregnant.
I am going to the doctor in a couple of weeks about it but i am really worried because i don't know if it could be anything serious.
I'm just a bit worried...
Anyone know what is wrong with me?
I am having same kind of problem, my last period was nov 2009 now is april 25 i don;t know what am going to do I have apointment for nextweak i hope everything is going to be ok
I am 23 and am also having the same problem. I moved to nepal 4 months ago and only had one period on arrival, since then nothing and massive weight gain! also crave sweet things a lot more than usual. does anyone know what can help this?
I am 28 and had my last period in June 2010....no period since then....dont know what's going on....I m married but have no kids and i do want kids....someone suggested me acupuncture ? has anyone tried that...please help !!  u can also email me
***@****
I am in a similar situation to you. Im 20 docs think I have PCOS their not sure ive been on pills for 4 yrs to force period to come. Tried metaformin which made no difference stopped taking all meds in june 2010. Havent had a period since May 2010. Ive tried acupuncture and no it did not work. But thats not to say it wont work for others. I also tried reiki, reflexology, chinese medicine and kinesiology. Ive been to see gynae's endocrineologists and every doctor I could find. I am a personal trainer and even tho i exercise for approx 3 hours every day and am on a very strict GI diet I have continued to gain weight. It looks like im just swelling up. I have had a headache for the past four years. This is making my life hell if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated
TanTan,

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 15. Here it is, 9 years later and I am about 150 lbs more than I was before! Metformin does work for regulating periods but they come every 45 days instead of every 28 with me. I have pains on my left and right side. I had an ultra sound done, and they said there were small cysts on my ovaries but they shouldn't have caused the pains I was having. I was sent home with an "undetermined pelvic pain" last year. They still continue and my last period was from July 22-29th. I have had some spotting and brown show for 2 weeks but no actual period. It seems like it wants to start, then stops just as fast. All I can tell you is relaxing won't help, doctor's honestly don't know, and birth control works wonders!!! I am not on any right now, but OrthoTrycylene Low WILL decrease the size of the cysts on the ovaries, and regulate your period in no time. You WILL experience sore breasts, hot flashes, and well... every other pregnancy symptom during the first few months of taking Ortho. After about month 3 (like a regular pregnancy) it fades and you can be regular without all the fuss. :)
I don't know about everyone else here but if I gained anymore weight I would bust! When I was diagnosed with PCOS (15 yo) I weighed 223. Now I am 24, and I weigh 335-340. I have dieted, counted calories, atkins, weight watchers, and exercised as much as an hour a day, EVERY day and I lose like 5 lbs and gain about 8 back! >.< If your friend was too skinny she is NOT having the same problem we all here are. As a nurse you should know there's a difference between anorexia and obesity! PCOS comes with obesity, and depression, hair growth, skipped periods, chemical pregnancies... everything BUT being too skinny!
I haven't had a period for 6 months an now
My boobs have gone big an am feeling bloaded
Helppp x
could you help me i am 20 years old i got my normal period when i am in my highschool and to first year college but i dn't know what happening on me because i have been waiting for 6 months i still dn't have any period, i take some bitter drink and i will got hve the period but once i will not drink any bitter drink i will not get period! i want to back my normal period! could you help me someone know about these
Do you eat enough food. sometimes the body suddenly goes into starvation and loses period including appetite changes and craving sweets would explain that. body needs more calories. also anxiety and depression are also results of having inadequate nutrition. anyother symptoms. I am facing a mysterious loss of periods  for a bit longer than that and similar issues and realizing maybe not eat enough food. I'm realizing maybe been going on longer than I realized. Possible
I'm having a similar issue!
I have not had my period in 6 months and I have stomach aces, cramps, nausea and anxiety too...

I am 21 and on BC but Ive been on it since I was 19, I'm about to turn 22 and this has never happened before.

I take pepcid ac to help with my stomach and celexsis for the anxiety, but I still have the headaches....my doc are not able to figure it out I'm going to get more blood work done in 2 weeks....
they think its all stemming from a hormonal imbalance or a thyroid issue
:(

I feel your pain....
hello..

i had similar problem with my periods. I had my normal periods on dec 2009 .  Then the problem started. As I was relocated from India to US, I thought may be the change in climate might have affected the routine. So I waited for 2-3 months. But nothing changed. So we did a home pregnancy test which came out negative. Then we decided to approach a gyn.She did lot of blood works for testing thyroid and other hormonal stuff and everything came normal. Everythime the main qstn she asks is do u wish to be pregnant now? we were recently married and had no plans for baby then.. so she didnt do much o solve the problem with my periods.. we almost wasted 3-4 months again going to the same doc and getting provera 50mg to induce bleeding.
We were very much frightened about the situation. The doctor couldnt find the cause for my missing periods. So we thought we will say ok to her usual qstn ( to be pregnant or not). Then she referred us to another doctor who is an infertility specialist. We now wish we could have gone there at the first place! he was such a great guy. he also did similar hormonal tests and saw some imbalance in the hormone level which is not alarming still could affect the body balance. he told some reasons for my case.
1. recently married, so sexual intercourse and all might change the normal hormone levels
2. Change of location
3. Career stress( i have resigned my job after marriage).

He told he can treat in two ways
1. make periods regular
2. pregnancy
as we were really frustrated with the issue, we thought we wont wait anymore and opted for pregnancy approach.

I had ultrasound on almost all visits to see if there is anything wrong with uterus or ovaries. But he couldnt find any problem. But when I had the HCG test (dye test to see if there is any blockage on passage), he found my cervix s small and over that its very tight that even the dye used for test could not enter it. So in our next visit he gave me local anastheasia and dilated the cervix(to open it). then after some days I again did HCG test and everything came normal. There was no block in uterine passage.
  If we do HCG test we might bleed for some days. But I had amost a week of bleeding as in case of periods. So we did an US to see whats happening. He told it was not just bleeding but kind of periods itself as the passage became clear after HCG test. So he told me to have Clomid for 5 days and after 3-4 days check using ovulation kit whether im ovulating or not. we did the same but the ovulation kit result came a big negative everytime although we spotted a growing follicle on one of my ovaries.
Doc suggested for a progestrone test to see if ovulation really happened. If the progesterone level is above some number(i think 5) there is good chance that i have ovulated. mine was just above 5.
again went for Ultrasound and saw the follicle was missing. Surprisingly he spotted gestational sac in my uterus... yes I became pregnant.. in our first attempt without the help of IUI. Just had clomid tablet for 5 days and normal sexual intercourse. As we couldnt  find the day i ovulated we almost BD everyday.. :) And it worked..

Everything started turning good. At first my progestrone level was low. so had to use supplements to enhance it for my first trimester. Then placenta will take over the hormonal supply to baby so that i can stop using supplements. Now im back to another gyn referred by the infertility specialist. Now I am 27 weeks pregnant and having my baby kicking me all the time inside me.. Feeling really great although had a rough time going through all these problems.
I just wanted to share my experience with u all.. every woman's case is different.Its just that u need to find the exact reason for problem. Good luck to all....
One more thing. Weight gain can also result in serious imbalance. I was around 130lb when i got married. But in 4-5 months i gained around 10-12lbs. Doxtor told that could be a valid reason for missing periods. I tried dieting and some exercise and by 2-3 months my weight reduced a little by 4-5lbs. Any weight loss will count. so try to be around ideal weight as much as u can.
hi i am 24 years old and have no period.. i have two girls and planning to try again in a year or so.. if anyone can tel me if they hav same prob n does it mean im infertile please reply,,,   thanx in advance
I am having the exact same problem, I also am 23 I take depokote and adderall (adderrall) (sometimes) I havnt found out why or what to do about it but I did do alot of research and tried alot of things e.g. making a tea from parsley will supposedly stimulate a menstral cycle. Didnt work for me but maybe it will for you.
I also have not had a period in 6 months,but every month at the same time I have period pains. Pain in lower back, gas, pulling sensation uterus. I had a baby 16 months ago and still breastfeed. eHave yet to start again  but started to experience the period like pain 6months ago. Also, I have taken 4 pregnancy test and all are neg.
Hiya girls,
I have not had a period at all for 6 months i have been for all the tests ultra scans, bloods, pregnancy tests, urines etc n apparently im fine.  Im 23 also i have a 6 year old son.  After i had my son i went onto the implant which did not agree with me, got infected and had to b removed after 3 months (meant to stop in for 3 years) i then went onto the depo but a year ago or so i started bleeding very heavy for the last 4 weeks of every injection so the doctor at the clinic also put me on the pill......bad idea! I started cramping and was adviced by my GP to come of both the depo and pill and have not had a period ever since! it does realy worry me as I am ready now to have another child but dont now if its possible at this time or ever?!
Hello Rej,

Can you please give me your second doctor name and address. Thanks!
Can you give me your second doctor name please.???
I am 23 and have no idea what is going on with my body... iv never had regular periods but last year I went all year without a period I went from Feb 2011 to Jan 2012 so I finally had one then in Feb of this year was the last one so far this year idk what to do im not on birth control me and my husband want to have a baby I have a five year old already but would love to have another ... iv went to doctors and they also said everything was fine? I hurt in my lower abdominal area constantly I swell like im 6 months pregnant but im not it comes and gose iv took a pregnancy test every month for the past year because I haven't had a period Iv had hot flashes like crazy lately numbness in my hands and legs pain during sex head aches all the time iv had a lot of wight gain in the past year I was 158 July of last year 2011 and now I am 209 its ridiculous I just wish a doctor would take time to figure out what is wrong with me :-(
It is oddly comforting to see that im not the only one having this problem. I though something was really wrong with me. Im 20yo and i have not had a period since late Nov 2011. I have taken two pregnancy tests a month since i first missed it as well as going and having one done at my gyn. Everything comes back normal. I have horrible mood swings, all i want is junk food, my headaches are worse than they have been in years, and i'm starting to gain weight. I weighed around 117 back in november and now im up to 127. My fiance is paranoid and its very clear that im not pregnant. With my daughter i blew up like a balloon. Has anyone found a reason for this? Dont get me wrong i really dont mind it being gone and not dealing with it, but at the same time i want to be sure that im healthy and can still have another kid.

thanks
It's most likely spiritual. Find a healer. Church. Teachings. Cranial-sacral. Yoga. The list goes on. Often what the mind and soul cannot process it takes out on the body. I am sure there is something off in your spiritual life. You have family? Love? Travel to a beautiful country or place? Meditate. If this sounds silly then I am spot on. God bless.
It's most likely spiritual. Find a healer. Church. Teachings. Cranial-sacral. Yoga. The list goes on. Often what the mind and soul cannot process it wwill impose on the body. I am sure there is something off in your spiritual life. You have family? Love? Travel to a beautiful country or place? Meditate. If this sounds silly then I am spot on. God bless.
I have this same problem!! any updates? :/
hi laura, i have not had a period for 6 months nearly 7 i am 18 and am over weight i have a scan on wednesday for polycstic ovaries. if it comes back i have got it. does it mean i cant get pregnant or i have to loose weight, as i actually have a thyroid problem aswell which makes it hard to loose weight i go gym 2 times a week and have done for ages and just putting weight on i am not on a diet but i do only have breakfast lunch and dinner. does anyone know what i can do? hope you all get sorted xx
Hi I am having the same problem. I am now 26 years of age and for two years now even after seeing a Gyno I am going thru the same thing. I was told to get on birth control to get the eggs going and start my hormones and see if the blood flow gets on track, but I was scared because I never had to take it and I really don't want to. I just don't trust them. I actually started experiencing my irregular periods after I tried a diet pill called suddenly slim. I was contracting broken veins and dark spots on my sides within two weeks. I stop taking them immediately. The next month I did not have a period and it lasted from Oct-Feb. I am now on a every 2 months or every 6 months schedule. I am now feeling some symptoms of my period today in August of 2013 since February of 2013. I don't like it because it is stressful. I am also growing hair under my chin and breaking out a lot on my face and back. I have been feeling this period coming for about a week and still nothing, just the light cramps in the hips, thighs and legs. I have light brown discharge and tissue like junk within it. I am stressed out a lot than normal and I feel down and unhappy at times. I am a happy person and it is so crazy that this is going on for me. I just don't know what to do anymore. I am not covered with health insurance anymore due to me changing jobs and trying to find some affordable insurance.It is even more difficult because I can't just run to the hospital when I want to because it cost so much. This is so not a happy feeling. HELP US SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!Shariamore
Omg youve described what ive been going threw to the "t" you took everything from my brain and typed it for me, this is a problem for me also and my friend girls say "your so lucky","I wish that wer me"but they jus dont get how "unwomanly"it makes me feel because I am a firm believer of no birth control or anything that stops or controls the body from doing its natural things, I am so confused,, BUT ive come up with my own oberservation , i am 21 but I got with my hubby @ 18 but we didnt get intament untill 6moths Into it but I got my period the begging of us messing around but hes 11yrs older then me and hes my first his pepee is huge to the point I feel it grinding my organs so I thing he literally "broke me"no joke,,, ive taken the same measures u have and no answers r advice
So you guys think you got it bad... So get this 2012... towards the end I did have my period for 4 months come December I get my period an it last for ike the entire month..... so in January I finally go to the GYN... I get on the Depo... 2 days later I get my period... it was a normal one thank god.. so I though well maybe that was all I needed... so THEN... after January I spot n bleed every month for like 5 days.... not even... I stop the deop and did not go back after the 3rd month like I was suppose to... So ever since April 2013.... it is October 2013 and I have still yet to get my period......
I didn't have my period for 4 months I mean,,,
A couple of years ago when I was going through a particularly stressful time I missed my period for almost 4 months. I was full of anxiety and stress and that was the only reason this was happening. Once I was able to center myself and come down from the stress my periods gradually came back (at first sporadically). I would say that this is the culprit to your problem. Try to find some peace in your life. Here are some things you should be doing.

-Warm baths
-Reading
-Relaxing with your partner
-CUTTING out stressful people or people that impact you and your life negatively (this was huge for me!)
-Practicing meditation
-Yoga
-Regular exercising
-Spending time with your pets
-Staying away from people or situations that cause you anxiety as much as possible.
-Pray (if you are religious)

I have dealt with anxiety my entire life and the best thing that I have found was yoga and meditation. With these two things and regular exercise I was able to go off all medications. My doctor told me once that only 20 minutes of gentle walking outdoors is equivalent to one anti-anxiety pill. So every time you feel yourself starting to get tense or stressed, go for an outdoor relaxing walk. Pets (cats or dogs) are also KNOWN for being stress relievers. So you can also go and cuddle or give attention to your pet when you are stressed. You can even take your dog for a walk or join a class.

A sudden weight gain or weight loss can also trigger this issue but I do believe that anxiety and stress are the reason for this. Your periods WILL return once your stress and anxiety levels come back. The problem with medications, is that they often mask your anxiety rather than treat them so your body may still be reacting to your anxiety. Try to stay positive and try the things that I suggested. I hope this helps!
Im the same I haven't had my period for over six months. I have gained weight I eat like things that aren't good for my body. I don't go to the gym but I walk everyday. I got my period at 12 and now im 18 it hasn't came for eight months now. I do not know what is causing it. but I am going to a specialist to see what going on. im not sexually active. Im still a virgin.
Im going through a similar thing no period for like 6 months this year whats wrong with me Im not preggo I had test so why am I missing my period for so long