WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
Mole-like bump on vaginal lip
by doubledee72, Jan 21, 2009
So yesterday I went to get a Brazilian wax, which I've done before, but it's been awhile. Afterwards I noticed a mole-like bump on my vaginal lip. It's really small, about the size of a bump you'd get from razor burn. But it's dark, purple or brown and seems raised. Is this normal? Should I be worried? As far as I can tell it doesn't hurt, burn, or itch.
Member Comments (1)
by Carebear41607, Jan 26, 2009
About two years ago I had the same abnormal looking mole. It didn't really bothe me at all, I just realized one day there was something new do there out of no where. It turned out to not just be a mole,i had vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia (VIN), which are pre-cancerous cells. It was diagnosed by my gyn. She took a biopsy and about 10 days later I had the results (said to be uncommon by my gyn). I would suggest getting it checked by your gyn, you'd rather be safe then sorry. If untreated for a long period of time, it can turn cancerous. Then again the mole could just be a genital wart caused by HPV ( this case is very common).