Mole on labia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Mole on labia

In the past year I have developed a mole on my inner labia.  Just wondering if anyone knows if this is normal. I don't really have a lot of moles on my body.  Maybe 5 including this one.  Don't really have any problems down there except I get yeast infection and BV occassionally.  Any thoughts???
well, it doesnt sound like any concern based upon what you said. maybe you could describe what it looks like? are you SURE that it is a mole? if yes, i would just check it every so often to be sure its not changing shape, color or size (like any mole on our body). also, moles seem to pop up with age and we can get them in the oddest places even if we werent "moley" to begin with! if you are that concerned, there are brochures with photos and most likely photos online of what normal moles and cancerous moles look like.
when is your next obgyn appt? you can always have him/her look at it to be sure its ok and thats what it is.
I'm sure it is a mole.  It's dark brown in color and slightly raised but very small.  I went to my Gyno in August and forgot to ask her about it but she must have not noticed it. I am just wondering if this is normal.  Oh and I am 20 years old.
if you went in august then you arent due to go again for a while huh? it does sound like a mole and it is not unlikely to get it in odd places such as where you got it. just keep your eye on it and again, watch for any changes in size, shape and color. i would also thing your dr. would have noticed it with the bright light shining down there during the exam. probably just didnt say anything cuz it wasnt a concern. if you are worried give the dr. office a call and they'll check it for ya. why worry?
I went for a routine gyn check back in 2000. I was 25 years old at the time. The Ob/Gyn (who also happened to specialize in oncology) took a biopsy of what looked like a "mole like" growth. It was mostly flat and no bigger than 1/4" long. It was located next to my labia majora near the crease of my inner thigh. It never hurt or bled. To my surprise, the Dr. called me a few days later telling me that it was a type of borderline cancer, I forgot exact terminology...I took no chance and had it surgically removed.  There's a very slender scar there but it's well worth it, knowing what could have been. I say go to an Ob/Gyn oncologist and have them take a look at it just to make sure and give you peace of mind.
I am 15 and I noticed a smallish flat brown mole on the inside of my labia. I'm still a virgin, and I haven't started my period yet. And it doesn't ever hurt. Idk what it could be, and should I ask my mom to take me to a lady doctor?
I have a mole down their as well I went my doctor and he said if its not causing a problem leave it or I can chose to have it removed cosmetically. I don't know where this came from I never had it till like 2 yrs ago im like wow thats strange didn't even know you can get moles down their in ur labia its like I have 2 labias so crazy my doctor said it was fine it wasnt like cancer. It doesnt bother me now since I never had sex before but the thought when I do and my partner seeing it makes me wanna remove it. It's at the tip or the labia or thing that dangles down their so if they got rough going down their he might pull it off.
I have had a mole on my clitorus since I was about three years old and at the time my doctor said to just watch it but I still have it and it may even be a little larger know should I recheck with a doctor now! I am only 16