Mom has uterine polyp -- worried!
My mom (who's 64) had an ultrasound today, and they found a uterine polyp. It's about 1-1/2 cm, or the size of a large marble. There's a small chance it could be cancerous, so she's having an out-patient hysteroscopy next Wednesday to have it removed. Then it'll be several days before we get the results of the biopsy on it. The doctor said the majority of these polyps are benign, but of course I'm very worried! Can anyone shed some light on uterine polyps for me or the likelihood of it being cancer?
My mum who is nearly 60 also had a uterine polyp which we found out when she had some urine infection, as the doctor asked for an ultrasound. Thus she went through a small surgery to remove the polyp, which happend about 2 months ago, I was so damn scared. Just found out that 2 days back she experienced some spotting again.

Now I am really worried, that is it possible for the polyp to come back so soon. Or there might be other causes. But dont worry different people can have different symptoms and chances of it being cancerous is very low.

I am worried aswell.:((