Women's Health Community
Monistat and yeast infections
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Monistat and yeast infections

I think I may have a yeast infection.Its itchy down there and theres a strong odor. My discharge is white  and a little clumpy. Do Over the counter products like monistat and such actually work? how do they work?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Sounds like a yeast infection.  Monistat is the first thing I'd reach for.  I would try Monistat 3 or Monistat 7.  Friends and I have not had luck with the one-dose, for whatever reason.

That being said, if you get yeast infections often and use Monistat, you might be 'immune' to that option.  At that point I'd say go to the dr., get it checked out, and get a Diflucan, which is available only through prescription as you probably know.

With Monistat:  you put it in at bedtime... there are pre-filled applicators.
Blank
If you aren't sure of what you have,  I would recommend seeing a doctor.  There are a lot of things that cause the same symptoms of a yeast infection.  If it isn't yeast, and you treat it like it is, you may make matters worse.
Blank
79258_tn?1190634010
Itchy, white and clumpy discharge sounds like a yeast infection. However, there's usually no odor, or a yeasty odor... "strong" odor makes me think there might be something else going on. I agree I'd see your doctor to be sure, particularly if you haven't had a yeast infection before.
Blank
I have something similar. It started a few days ago after having sex with my boyfriend. we are both eachothers first and only so I know there is no disease or infection. Its like white with a tint of yellow and thick. It is occasionally itchy, but only at my clit. Im thinking its either discharge or a mild yeast infection. I havent really noticed any smell because I have a shower daily and have been keeping it very clean since I noticed it appearing. what do you suggest?
Blank
Well I have just clumps if white and I never had my period yet I'm 12any tips ????? I really want to know what it is
Blank
I have not have sex yet either
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949