Mosquito bite like bump on Labia majora. (Nervous reck, please help!)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I just realized that I have an tiny, itchy bump on my vagina.  It is located on my labia majora, under my pubic hair.  It isnt painful at all, but it is itchy. I dont think it is an ingrown hair because it is not painful.  It feels like a mosquito bite. What could this be? I am 22 years old and had sex for the first time about 3 months ago with my boyfriend of over a year.  I ruled out any sexual transmitted diseases because from what I know he doesnt have any, and if he did wouldn't sympotoms show after we had sex for the first time?  Also, if this helps, I just finished my period today and thats when I noticed the bump...and I just started using baby powder in my underwear, I don't know if that could have caused this.  Please help, I have a slight case of hypochondria, and I am worried I could have some kind of serious disease.  I know its probably nothing but someone please help!
I dont think its an STD. If you shave, you might have made a tiney cut and irritated it and now a few hairs are trying to grow through. It shoudlnt hurt, its just annoying, and bright red. If you scratch it, you'll release hystomine and it will itch more.
Here's how to get rid of it fairley quickley...
Treat it like a huge under the skin pimple, dry it out.  Press a warm cloth on the area, dab alcohol or hydrogen peroxide, do that a few times a day, and use neosporine at night.
Sounds grose... but the hair is traped under the skin, and its going to be a black area when the swelling goes down... Either it will turn up as a whitehead and be poped... or you'll have to use a pin and tweezers to take them out like a splinter. Takes about 2 weeks.

Thats just from personal experience... if you believe that you have contracted an STD, by all means, get it checked out.

And also... Visual signs of an STD arnt always seen shortly after intercourse. IE, herpes and warts can take their sweet time.. Some dont show signs until 6 months after the fact.

Take care
Jen
I know you said that you don't think it is an ingrown hair/infected pore...but that's what it sounds like to me.

Just because it doesn't hurt...doesn't mean it's not ingrown hair...I just went to the dermatologist for a major rash in my groin area (worried about herpes) and he assured me it was just a bad case of razor burn.  Sometime they don't hurt, but they itch like crazy...just like any other infection.  The baby powder probably just clogged a pore.  

If it gets worse or more show up...go to a doctor...otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.
i have had something like this before and it was itchy. i really thought nothing of it and it just ended up going away.

i would put a warm-hot cloth on it as often as the day will allow and hopefully it will draw out whatever is in there. often times strange emerge down there right before we get our periods. sometimes i may get a yeast infection a week or so before my period, sometimes a develop a bartholins (sp?)cyst.
ingrown hairs can be itchy too.
i have the same issue right now, they are itchy and red, and the more i itch the itchier they are. i had sex with some one whotold me they are clean about a week ago, could this be ingrown hairs too? or something else? sorry i have no idea how to start my own question...
try popping it i bet it will... i get them all the time and i have had sex with one boy and he only had sex with me..
I have one, but its right beside my clitoris, it doesnt hurt, and it did itch slightly for a few days, the swelling is going down, which I take to be a awesome sign (as i know im STD free, and so is my boyfriend) but can't figure out what in the world caused it. It almost feels like the cysts you can get in your ear lobs after you stop wearing earrings. All I did to get it to go away was put peroxide on it, used a anti bacterial surface gel stuff that worked fine. The itching stopped and the swelling like I said, is going down...but its still bright red. oi. Vagina's and their odd problems!
i have the same problem just that the skin around it is dried now idk what it is but im going insane
My 7 year old has an itchy red bump........does anyone know what this might be??? Sweat gland pimple???
hi monet! i have the same issue in labia majora. i dont think they are ingrown hairs either. i have had the bumps for about 2 years now, it got worst recently. i went to the doctors several times, even had a biopsy, but nothing is helping. doctors said that it was folliculitis and gave me bacterial as well as fungus treatments. so far, i have had no changes. i am so worried. i dont know if theres any help. it itches like crazy and the bumps are getting larger. does anyone know anything about this? would love to get some feedback.
Hi there. I am almost 16 years old and I am not sexually active. I have had this 'bump' which everyone has been describing. I have a bump/lump under my pubic hair on my vagina. It's been there for quite a while, and feels quite itchy and tender. It started out as a spot and now feels like a lump and I have had others which have disappeared over time. The thing which is worrying me is that it feels more like a lump than a spot and as I don't shave down below I'm not sure that it could be a ingrown hair. Going to the doctors is pretty much a last resort for me so if anyone could diagnose this or recommend any treatments for me that would be great.
My opinion is that it's a Bartholin cyst.  Look it up on webmd.com.
I've had a few itchy bumps in that area & I asked my OB/GYN about it. They did tests & it wasn't any disease. But I did ask if it could be an irritation caused by wearing sanitary pads or liners (I wear them a lot because of slight discharge). She said it very well could be that I've developed a rash because the pads rub against my skin.
It may help to 'go commando' (panty-less) when at home and while you sleep. Your skin is sensitive & like the rest of your skin it needs to breathe.
Also, regarding using baby powder... make sure that it is TALC FREE--a good cornstarch powder is best. Studies have shown that talc can cause female reproductive cancers.
I have had the same issue for about 2 months now! I am almost 40, older than most here, and know how to "care" for my stuff, regarding baths, undies, feminine products, diet, etc, as they all affect how we feel down there. I have these itching bumps, symmetrically (sp) placed on each side of my labia. Tested for EVERYTHING, and nothing. Doing a biopsy next week for better results, just in case.
I was, however, on antibiotics for dental reasons, and all symptoms went away! Used them for a week, and bumps came back about 4 days after antibiotics were gone. WHY???
I have the same problem right now, but I have an itchy red, what looks to be like a HUGE mosquito bite on the outside of my vagina right above my clitoris.  It' on the top of where my "two lips" (if you will) begin...I have been researching this as much as I can and I have it pretty muched pegged to being either Bed Bug bites or Flea bites.  Our mattress was given to my husband and I a few months ago, but we had only slept on it a few times before he deployed and while he was gone I moved home, and it's been since  both of us have moved back that the symptoms appeared.  Also, my dog goes on vacation to his "grandparents" house  and when he comes home he's full of fleas and he sleeps on our bed a lot....sooo...If it's neither of those things Then I don't know what I'm going to do..This is the 3rd time I've had it.  The first time My hubby and I stayed in a cheap hotel which I'm assuming the mattresses were less than clean and that was 4 years ago??  The second time was about 2 or 3 weeks ago...It was there for a week and then went away and now I have it again in the same spot! So let me know if you figure anything else out, cause like you I can't afford a doctor's visit right now :(
What does breast cancer feel like because on my breast plate bone like thing i have a small lump its only sore when i touch it my family doesnt have any history of breast cancer and i told my mom and she felt it and just said not to mess with it but im scared any advice o and i might b pregnant so could it cause this kinda pain
Hello my name is Cindy and I have the similar problem, I had the bump for a couple months and then it started growing, I was so scared it could be a tumor but when I decided to start pinching it, it came out, it was like a hard dark spot, id say it looked like a black pimple. Since then I haven't had a problem and the ball is gone
I have a misqueot like bite on my vagina.. and I just had sex a few nights ago. . But this was itchy yesterday when I was working (spraying misqueots) and I take a shower n start washing my body and there is that bite bump thing. . Doesnt itch today soo. . .  I'm so scared idk what it is.