Multiple Periods in one month!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Multiple Periods in one month!!!

Ok. here goes. in a 6 week period, i have had my period 4 times. No cramping. But Bleading like normal periods. One day it will be brownish, and the next will be red like normal. I have taken pregnancy tests. All negative. I have looked all over at forums and found nothing that relates to me. Nothing helpfull. Has this happened to anyone?? I am 26 with children. I usually have an irregular cycle anyway. Last time i had a period was in January 2006. Then i got on the depo shot.... That certainly didnt agree with me either.... i had browwnish and red spotting almost everyday for 3 months. So since april i have had no bleeding until the last part July. So what do you think is going on with me???? Any answers would help greatly! Thank you for taking the time to read this.
I think you should go see your GYN... sounds like maybe a hormonal issue
Thank you very much! I really appreciate the  comment. Do they give you medication for that???
I also forgot to mention that i have had a high body temp lately... not a fever, but always turning the air down, while my husband thinks is freezing in here. So, i dont know if that means anything either!?
hormonal issues could cause the "heat" problem, too
It could also be related to endometriosis. You really should see a dr if there is anything abnormal about your cycles - especially if it's enough for you to be even a little concerned about.
I was just searching this site looking for someone having the same problem. I have always been regular, but for the past 6 months, my period comes and goes as it pleases. Most recently, I had a heavy period around the 14th of August, then on 8/30, I had another heavy period (with a couple days of PMS, that at the time I'm wondering why am I getting so cranky...). That period just "ended" but I have been spotting and a brown like color since then. I already went to the doc for a pap, blood work...and it came back w/o any concerns. I'm going back again next week, because this just isn't normal. I've also noticed the feeling hot like I have a feaver but I don't...Any advice or tips I should be asking my OBGYN so we can figure this out?
Did you find anything out yet?thanks
I too have been having the same problem. I'm 22 and was on the Depo shot also (i think its the cause) I haven't been on it in over 4 months but it takes up to 6 months to get out of your system. I stopped having a period for almost three months then it randomly started and stopped like a normal flow, one week later I had another and two weeks later (now) I started again. Its weird I get bloated, but no cramps (except with my 1st period) It might just be weird withdrawals and my body trying to figure out whats going on with the hormones but its still stressful but knowing i'm not the only one does calm me a bit
Well I have been on my period for 2 months and I have no ideah what's going on. Im 19 no children,an it looks like im not going to have any cause I can never have sex.
i've had 3 in the last month and it's getting so bad i'm becoming anaemic and dizzy and headachey resting in bed at the moment seeing the doctor tomorrow as my friend thinks it could be a miscarriage or a really bad infection hopefully a treatable hormone problem and nothing scary!!!
I've had my period 4 times in one month one day it'll be brown then turn pink my periods are somewhat normal. Also I'm a 20 year old with a child(whose 2). I'm sexually active but i take precautions when it comes to pregnancy since I'm in school. I don't understand what's wrong with me I'm not on birth control or anything but like I said I just want to know what could be the cause of it?
Im actually having the same issue. My period is usually around the same time every month, no issues. This month though its been really weird, my period was late, started really light then got really heavy before it stopped and now I started again a WEEK later. Any sugesstions or advice? Any would help, thanks so much!